ADVERTISEMENT

"Great" actors who really can't act...

Channing Tatum. Another head scratchers.
I've honestly never heard anyone call him a great actor. I think even the directors who cast him just say, "yeah, but he's good looking."
Now his jump street partner Jonah Hill getting an Academy award is an absolute sham. Putting in fake teeth and playing the same drunken idiot role you always play doesn't make you an actor.

easy there big guy...you might start a war with that one.

No disrespect intended ... I like many of John Wayne's movies, but he basically played the same character over and over again.

By the way, the best actor of all time was Jerry Lewis.

I've yet to see a name in this thread that anyone would consider a "great" actor. Popular, frequently-cast, fan-friendly...yes. But neither critics nor fans consider them "great".

Reactions: tl from little hell
No disrespect intended ... I like many of John Wayne's movies, but he basically played the same character over and over again.

By the way, the best actor of all time was Jerry Lewis.
No worries at all, was meant in jest, didn't come across that way. I'll admit, you're correct, same character..

Reactions: SCexpat38
Although I like him, always thought Kirk Russell was pretty bad at what he does.

Kurt Russell’s acting was so bad in Tombstone but the movie is so good. But he is very well respected as an actor...probably moreso for his vision than ability to execute that vision. I believe he was responsible for how Doc Holliday was portrayed in that one. He was also good as Captain Ron...which makes me want to start an Underrated Movie thread which Captain Ron would be right there at the top.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT