ADVERTISEMENT

Haley will not devote resources to UGA vs USC game. Link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freddie.B.Cocky

Jul 19, 2002
Last edited:
She seems a little irritated we didnt do what she thinks is best. Didnt stop her last year from flying to Clemson for the Notre Dame game while Columbia was being totally flooded because you know they HAD TO PLAY that game and apparently she had to be there and not in Columbia.
Link ?

The Nikkster.

url3-300x234.jpg

GOCOCKS! BEATGA!

Reactions: UpstateGamecock2
So you're saying we will have no troopers ,because she went to clemson ?

WHAT I AM SAYING IS THAT HALEY HAS MADE NO EFFORT TO HELP USC WITH OUR PROBLEM SATURDAY. HALEY ALSO REMOVED DARLA MOORE FROM THE USC BOT. I THINK THERE IS POLITICS INVOLVED WHEN IT COMES TO GOV. HALEY AND USC.

BTW, you claimed she did not attend the quempsum vs ND game last year. Well, there are at least a couple of other posters who apparently heard, like me, that she did attend that game. Now, I have no proof but all I am sayings others apparently heard the same thing I did.

SC Governor Nikki Haley declared a state of emergency for potential impact from Hurricane Joaquin and flooding from a separate storm, according to the SC Emergency Management Division.

The Clemson graduate said Friday she knows "football fans in South Carolina take that football seriously," so "it's your call as to whether you decide to go."

6:45 a.m.

The National Weather Service says historic rainfall and life-threatening flooding is possible in South Carolina this weekend

Director of athletics Dan Radakovich said. “I’ve spoken with campus leaders, State Highway Patrol, and Governor Nikki Haley, and feel confident we can play the game as scheduled.

• For those attending Clemson – Notre Dame football game. If you choose to go, expect very slow traffic, possible detours due to flooding, and muddy conditions. Remember, the game will be on national television.

This board never ceases to amaze. Evacuating over a million people, and we have posters who genuinely believe there are decisions being made based on football rivalries and loyalties.

Not just football rivalries but all things involving USC. She could have apologized for not being able to offer resources to help with the game. I hope she runs for some other office in SC. I can promise you she won't be elected.

SC Governor Nikki Haley declared a state of emergency for potential impact from Hurricane Joaquin and flooding from a separate storm, according to the SC Emergency Management Division.

The Clemson graduate said Friday she knows "football fans in South Carolina take that football seriously," so "it's your call as to whether you decide to go."

6:45 a.m.

The National Weather Service says historic rainfall and life-threatening flooding is possible in South Carolina this weekend

• For those attending Clemson – Notre Dame football game. If you choose to go, expect very slow traffic, possible detours due to flooding, and muddy conditions. Remember, the game will be on national television.
Clemson officials announced this afternoon Saturday's football game will kick off as scheduled at 8:22 p.m.
"We've been in constant communication with state and local law enforcement and have monitored weather throughout the week and today," director of athletics Dan Radakovich said. "I've spoken with campus leaders, State Highway Patrol, and Governor Nikki Haley, and feel confident we can play the game as scheduled. We ask our fans to be conscientious arriving and departing from our campus as we will have some limitations due to this ongoing weather event."
"Our officers and partners with other agencies will do everything we can to ensure the safety of fans coming to tomorrow's game, but we urge personal caution and patience from everyone coming to and leaving campus," Clemson University Chief of Police Eric Hendricks said.

This board never ceases to amaze. Evacuating over a million people, and we have posters who genuinely believe there are decisions being made based on football rivalries and loyalties.

You are right that public safety should take preference over a sport event but my question is; why did she feel a need to make either statement regarding our game? Other agencies and people have the authority to make those decisions and don't need her input unless she is asked to help.

Unfortunately, our society gets less intelligent every day.

I love these posters. We are literally evacuating half the state, taking the unprecented step of reversing interstates, uprooting half the damn state, and these fools are PO'd at the Governor for having Law Enforcement focus on the evacuation to save as many lives as possible, instead of working a damn football game.

That's a special kind of stupid.

She made sure Clemson had help last year for their game with Notre Dame. Columbia was about underwater and she still found help for them on the upstate.

I commented on that last year and was criticized for doing so by USC fans. And the reason given by many posters was there was no threat of flooding in the upstate and therefore troopers were available. Well, there is no game in quempsum this weekend and no threat of flooding in the upstate so why can't at least some of those troopers be re-assigned to help with our game?

Last edited:
I love these posters. We are literally evacuating half the state, taking the unprecented step of reversing interstates, uprooting half the damn state, and these fools are PO'd at the Governor for having Law Enforcement focus on the evacuation to save as many lives as possible, instead of working a damn football game.

That's a special kind of stupid.

Well, it takes a special stupid person like yourself to not compare the same situation with the quempsum vs ND last year and ask yourself well if they played the game in the upstate, why can't USC play the game vs UGA this weekend.

See you are a special kind of stupid.

That is BS statement by her. Taters had helicopters drying off parking lots prior to their game and no one from Pickens county helped or offered to help with resources until after the game and storm passed.

But. With Uga coming to town, they are going to need extra security.

Reactions: fightingcock103
Not just football rivalries but all things involving USC. She could have apologized for not being able to offer resources to help with the game. I hope she runs for some other office in SC. I can promise you she won't be elected.

People say that about Lindsey Graham too yet he wins easily ever six years like clockwork. Let's face it, if you have an R next to your name in SC, your chances of winning an election are very high.

Last edited:
Didn't clempson play Norte Dame last year, while half of the state was under water and taking on more? I don't recall Tricky Nikki pulling state troopers and state resources from clempson. I'm sure it's just a strange coincidence...right!?!?
Was half the state underwater? Or was it a single city where a handful of dams broke? If Haley (or any other governor) had diverted every state trooper in SC to Cola, what would have been the net effect on the city? State troopers aren't natural disaster experts. They're traffic experts. Which situation calls for more traffic experts?

more concerned about the safety of 4.8 million people during a cat 4 hurricane?

just inexcusable

It may not even hit the midlands of SC. When she made her comments about the game she had no idea what course Matthew was going to take. But, she said she couldn't see it being played. FGH.

Reactions: BigTomE
Didn't clempson play Norte Dame last year, while half of the state was under water and taking on more? I don't recall Tricky Nikki pulling state troopers and state resources from clempson. I'm sure it's just a strange coincidence...right!?!?

Timing is off a bit. It was raining hard but the flooding in the Midlands with dams failing and stuff started happening overnight into Sunday. No evacuations were underway when Clemson played Notre Dame.

Timing is off a bit. It was raining hard but the flooding in the Midlands with dams failing and stuff started happening overnight into Sunday. No evacuations were underway when Clemson played Notre Dame.
But everyone knew the rain was about to be catastrophic. Didn't keep the fun from going on in Pickens County. Most of those people lived elsewhere and had to travel.

You bet, just a strange coincidence. LOL!

And don"t forget The State Fair went on as schedule . They had no problem with that low count bunch .

Reactions: touchdownbob
But everyone knew the rain was about to be catastrophic. Didn't keep the fun from going on in Pickens County. Most of those people lived elsewhere and had to travel.
You are usually a more measured and thoughtful poster than this. You're saying everyone (however many that is) knew beforehand that dams were going to fail and tens of thousands of homes were going to be flooded?

People say that about Lindsey Graham too yet he wins easily ever six years like clockwork. Let's face it, if you have an R next to your name in SC, your chances of winning an election are very high.

Even with an R beside her name I don't think she would be elected to any office. She has done too many things to tick off USC supporters. At least Graham don't piss off USC supporters.

Even with an R beside her name I don't think she would be elected to any office. She has done too many things to tick off USC supporters. At least Graham don't piss off USC supporters.

I would never vote for her because I disagree with her on issues. Who she pulls for in a football game doesn't matter to me and I hope most other reasonable citizens feel the same.

Reactions: TigerJohnson
Freddie, hope your cousin in his $535,000 beach house in Myrtle Beach makes it through this unscathed, even though that's far less important than traffic resources being devoted to a football game.

My cousin happens to be in Greenville, and he is a huge USC supporter so I don't think he would mind at all. So, if you are thinking about starting some crap with me about my family you had better think twice. I think I know who you are because you couldn't remember the price of my cousin's house in North Myrtle Beach if you are not the person I suspect. So be careful. And please leave my family out of this conversation. I haven't mentioned anything about your family.

BTW, the house in North Myrtle Beach is simply one of many properties my cousin owns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT