ADVERTISEMENT

Has anyone watched the Aaron Hernandez story on Netflix

I did. CTE. It’s real, but the guy was still a thug. I’d like to know more about his abuse as a child. That was only barely mentioned.

Reactions: ShadowWeasel
I read a book about it. Lots going on there.
Good on you for trying to sort out the truth, this a documentary made by filmmakers and producers who have a certain point of view. If you just buy it all, you need a chill pill.

For my money, from his words, which we may be able to trust (hopefully not too heavily edited), and his own tatoos (they tell a story), all I know is he was a person who definitely did not face up to his truths, and he was a murderer. Beyond that, I did not get much more than these following thoughts.

Hernandez strikes me as a guy who had no clue who or what he was. He was easily seduced by all the wrong people and had zero support except from a rough crowd. ( I think the high school QB friend used Hernandez's immaturity for his own sexual gratification. That may have been the abuse mentioned but never identified. AH was gullible) At Florida, they knew he was trouble, but they worked around the depth of his problems. The Patriots made it worse by giving him a silly hideaway from his bad friends.

There was one poignant moment that sadly reveals Hernandez's own personal cluelessness. When Kraft comes to testify, he looks like a scared puppy looking around for it's mom. I could not tell if he thought that was redemption or condemnation coming up the aisle. It was just one more guy who used Hernandez, and then disowned him.

This is not a story about being gay or having cte. It's about a lost kid whose dad died and he had zero core beliefs to fall back on. So everyone...everyone...uses him. That always ends up badly.

I have sympathy for the child subjected to that. I have none for adult he became.

Reactions: okccock
Abusive childhood with loss, and mixed messages from authority figurers but It takes a sociopath to commit murder without remorse.

I wonder if Tebow ever contacted him while he was incarcerated. Seems like he would have tried to help and he may have, but there was no mention of it in the documentary

I wonder if Tebow ever contacted him while he was incarcerated. Seems like he would have tried to help and he may have, but there was no mention of it in the documentary
Didn't he have a few teammates on the Patriots desperately trying to help him. Telling him about his creepy friends..and he rejected the help?

Didn't he have a few teammates on the Patriots desperately trying to help him. Telling him about his creepy friends..and he rejected the help?
The Patriots got him an apartment where he could hide out. What he really needed was a trade.

On the second episode. Really hope this makes Urban Meyer look more like the piece of shit he is, but I’m not seeing much in the news to suggest so.

But yes, it does paint a very sad picture of several involved and what they faced in their surroundings. Doesn’t excuse things, but raises a lot of questions. So far, gf/fiancée looks like a psychopath as well.

On the second episode. Really hope this makes Urban Meyer look more like the piece of shit he is, but I’m not seeing much in the news to suggest so.

But yes, it does paint a very sad picture of several involved and what they faced in their surroundings. Doesn’t excuse things, but raises a lot of questions. So far, gf/fiancée looks like a psychopath as well.
So Urban Meyer can look like a bigger POS? I thought he had that maxed out by now.

Reactions: NetworkX
okccock said:

So Urban Meyer can look like a bigger POS? I thought he had that maxed out by now.
[/quote]
He deserves to be put on the spot every opportunity there is IMO. He’s complicit in something, Hernandez-related.

Reactions: mavcock
Good on you for trying to sort out the truth, this a documentary made by filmmakers and producers who have a certain point of view. If you just buy it all, you need a chill pill.

For my money, from his words, which we may be able to trust (hopefully not too heavily edited), and his own tatoos (they tell a story), all I know is he was a person who definitely did not face up to his truths, and he was a murderer. Beyond that, I did not get much more than these following thoughts.

Hernandez strikes me as a guy who had no clue who or what he was. He was easily seduced by all the wrong people and had zero support except from a rough crowd. ( I think the high school QB friend used Hernandez's immaturity for his own sexual gratification. That may have been the abuse mentioned but never identified. AH was gullible) At Florida, they knew he was trouble, but they worked around the depth of his problems. The Patriots made it worse by giving him a silly hideaway from his bad friends.

There was one poignant moment that sadly reveals Hernandez's own personal cluelessness. When Kraft comes to testify, he looks like a scared puppy looking around for it's mom. I could not tell if he thought that was redemption or condemnation coming up the aisle. It was just one more guy who used Hernandez, and then disowned him.

This is not a story about being gay or having cte. It's about a lost kid whose dad died and he had zero core beliefs to fall back on. So everyone...everyone...uses him. That always ends up badly.

This... this is it. People are trying to bash this Doc for using these reasons as an excuse for the murders but they dont think about the fact that there are reasons for his actions.
To me, his father’s death was the beginning of the end for AH. and his mother didnt help the cause at all... It amazed me how much he got away with at UF, including a potential unsolved shooting he got away with? This is big if true and just shines another light at how much of a fraud Urban meyer really is.. (Maybe the NCAA should look into that LOL) Bottomline the doc was very interesting other than the fact they tried to lure in his closeted sexuality as a motive for his erratic behavior.. which is just complete BS to me (his HS “friend” had no business being in the doc IMO)

I know guys who got CTE after a car accident. It doesn't make you homicidal. Aaron was a thug and the state was right to overturn his case.
Dr. Joel has spoken. Everyone reacts or has the same symptoms to every illness, injury, and disease. Thanks Dr. Joel.

Reactions: caitspa1
For some reason, every time I see Urban Meyer I think James Comey... Similar shadiness and kind of favor each other.

Wow I just power watched the whole thing , it was tough to watch . CTE is awful but I honestly think he was a bad dude with some legitimate mental health issues which is a bad recipe . To hear him talk it almost seemed like he had the mind of an 8 year old . I’ve had more concussions and smoked more weed in high school and college than humanly possible but I’ve never gone out and killed 3 innocent people . As my granddaddy would say “Some folks just ain’t right in the head” and think he was the poster child for this . Just heartbreaking for the victims families . Honestly not sure I could sit in a courtroom and watch the guy the guy who killed my kid or brother walk without taking a shot at him ,

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT