ADVERTISEMENT

Has Herbie been hitting the sauce? He just said UGA will either stay at 4 or go up to 3. Don`t see

psycock

Jan 20, 2001
losing your 2nd game of the year(even to Bama), can keep you in the Top 4 when you have those behind you winning. I think the rest of the college football landscape would implode if that happens. Actually, that would be kind of funny though.

They lost. And they choked! And they have 2 losses.
They lose this time. But unfortunately we will have to deal with almost that identical team next year.

Reactions: Jpcooper
And they got HAMMERED by LSU . Always tough to win in Baton Rouge but it wasn’t really competitive. I do agree that they would still whip ND, OSU or Oky

Reactions: Judson1
Herbie is losing A TON of built up credibility over the last several years. Slobbering over anything Clem$on...then sending this sons there and on to what he just said about UGA.

If there is an "Illuminati", there is absolutely ZERO chance an undefeated ND drops to #4. The Illuminati would destroy the world before they allowed that to happen. It would disrupt the space time continuum. NO SHOT that happens. UGA is out. OU is in.

If you go by records they should not be in but if you go by strength of schedule they should be in honestly they would beat n dame oklahoma and clem

But if you believe Bama is the best team in the nation, and I do then one has to believe UGA is one of the four best teams in the country. Bama could have easily lost the game today in fact they were very fortunate to have won the game. Again I just believe based on performance late in the season the Dawgs are easily one of the four top teams in the nation.

But it burns my backside that the conference championship games are being played and the better teams in that conference could easily lose the championship games and hence not even make the playoffs. While ND does not even play a conference championship game and has the opportunity to get rested and not run the risk of injuries. I mean it really bothers me the ND situation is allowed to exist. How in the world is that fair to the other 129 teams in the FCS Series?

losing your 2nd game of the year(even to Bama), can keep you in the Top 4 when you have those behind you winning. I think the rest of the college football landscape would implode if that happens. Actually, that would be kind of funny though.
I agree. But it would certainly lead to playoff expansion, an idea I detest. For that reason, I hope Georgia is out.

Herbie is losing A TON of built up credibility over the last several years. Slobbering over anything Clem$on...then sending this sons there and on to what he just said about UGA.

If there is an "Illuminati", there is absolutely ZERO chance an undefeated ND drops to #4. The Illuminati would destroy the world before they allowed that to happen. It would disrupt the space time continuum. NO SHOT that happens. UGA is out. OU is in.

I think UGA would beat the crap out of OU.

But if you believe Bama is the best team in the nation, and I do then one has to believe UGA is one of the four best teams in the country. Bama could have easily lost the game today in fact they were very fortunate to have won the game. Again I just believe based on performance late in the season the Dawgs are easily one of the four top teams in the nation.

But it burns my backside that the conference championship games are being played and the better teams in that conference could easily lose the championship games and hence not even make the playoffs. While ND does not even play a conference championship game and has the opportunity to get rested and not run the risk of injuries. I mean it really bothers me the ND situation is allowed to exist. How in the world is that fair to the other 129 teams in the FCS Series?
There you go invoking that word "fair" again. I want the Notre Dame situation fixed because I simply don't like them.

Truthfully the 2 best teams played tonight. UGA has 2 losses but please name any team you would take over them on a neutral field other than Bama. Theyd smoke ND, Clemson, Oklahoma and OSU.

Agree about Notre Dame. They should have to join the ACC all of the way, or another conference. They get to sit back today in a recliner scouting future playoff teams. Somebody please tell me how that is fair - of course it isn`t. Absurd.

I agree with Herbie, if you go by the 4 BEST teams, Georgia has to be a part of the equation. Even though I hate it, because I loath Georgia.

Reactions: PC31
Bama shouldn't have to beat UGA again. And definitely not the very next game.

If UGA had been undefeated going into the SECCG, then I would feel different.

Because I like eliminating most of the pretenders BEFORE the playoff. I like for the regular season and championship games to mean a lot. And I like the debate and heartburn this system engenders.
Meaningful regular season games. The current system helps ensure that teams like UGA shows up every week - even when they play at Baton Rouge. Lose one, you can still win it all. Lose two and it's over - as it should be.

They lost. And they choked! And they have 2 losses.
They lose this time. But unfortunately we will have to deal with almost that identical team next year.
You should actually read the mission for the CFP Committee. If they do as they're charged, the Dawgs are in. I'm good either way because we should have beaten LSU and Alabama, and we have no one to blame but ourselves for that. If people don't agree with the mission of the CFP Committee, then change their mission.

On a neutral field absolutely , in Baton Rouge especially at night ... that’s a different story . Saban just has LSU’s # .
He has a better team than they have and he's a better coach than the Cajun. So why couldn't Georgia go down there and beat them? They didn't even play them at night.

They do a good job at being what they are. They need to stick with that. The smart ones probably know it.

Do you have any doubt whatsoever that UCF would beat Vandy? No? Then it's at least plausible UCF beats ND straight up....no matter what field they play on. There's your reasonable doubt. UCF belongs in the top 4.

You should actually read the mission for the CFP Committee. If they do as they're charged, the Dawgs are in. I'm good either way because we should have beaten LSU and Alabama, and we have no one to blame but ourselves for that. If people don't agree with the mission of the CFP Committee, then change their mission.
Well, you might be a tiny bit biased. I think I'll place my faith in their objectivity, however the mop flops.

Pups are out. Bottom line. SHOCKING.

Do you have any doubt whatsoever that UCF would beat Vandy? No? Then it's at least plausible UCF beats ND straight up....no matter what field they play on. There's your reasonable doubt. UCF belongs in the top 4.
In an alternate reality. What they need to do is see if they can get in a better league, since they aren't Notre Dame, and see how many undefeated seasons they have then.

He has a better team than they have and he's a better coach than the Cajun. So why couldn't Georgia go down there and beat them? They didn't even play them at night.

They were a better team when they played earlier and still got blasted . LSU on the road is a So-So team . At home they are a complete different team . Must be something in the Jambalaya!!

In an alternate reality. What they need to do is see if they can get in a better league, since they aren't Notre Dame, and see how many undefeated seasons they have then.

People said the same thing many years ago when Boise St. was basically UCF. "They don't belong" etc, etc....until Bama lost an unexpected game at years end. That pitted Bama vs Boise St. and Boise St had no shot to win......right???

They were a better team when they played earlier and still got blasted . LSU on the road is a So-So team . At home they are a complete different team . Must be something in the Jambalaya!!
You gotta play the schedule that's set before you. The only problem I have is the protected status of Notre Dame. The CFP itself is sublime. If Notre Dame were to be left out and Georgia included, I'd be ecstatic because it would force Notre Dame to finally do what they ought to do.

I would take UCF head to head against anybody in the east other than UGA . They are legit . UCF has the highest enrollment of any school in Florida and their Facilities are top notch . Not saying they can hang with the Bama , Clemson’s , or Oklahoma’s of the world but if they were in the East right now they would easily be the 2nd best team in the conference . I think they just need to expand and add UCF in the east and Oklahoma into the west . The big 12 in dying anyway so make it happen .

People said the same thing many years ago when Boise St. was basically UCF. "They don't belong" etc, etc....until Bama lost an unexpected game at years end. That pitted Bama vs Boise St. and Boise St had no shot to win......right???
Different time, different format, and different teams - and certainly no one in that mix who was as good as the two teams that played today. Which team that is likely to be in the CFP this year would you exclude for such as UCF?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT