ADVERTISEMENT

Hate to say I was right but.....

MVPs

May 29, 2001
Yeah I was right on Muschamp. I said it here from day one and was eviscerated here.

I hate I was not wrong but boy were you all blind. It was time to move on and now the program can start fresh.

It sucks that he walks away with 13 million with that resume.

Last edited:
Reactions: ShadowWeasel
Too funny. Who is you all? Seems most here knew this was a fail from the get go. Wouldn’t pat yourself on the back too much.

Not true. Many here swore he would be successful here and that UF didn't give him enough time and Texas must've saw his genius, yada yada yada.

I had to remove myself from the board due to all of the venom towards me and the undying support most here had for the guy.

But now everyone knew it...lmao.

Reactions: Brace1
Yeah I was right on Muschamp. I said it here from day one and was eviscerated here.

I hate I was wrong but boy were you all blind. It was time to move on and now the program can start fresh.

Any one who starts a post with “I hate to say it.....”.

Is just a liar. They don’t really hate it, actually they rather like gloating. The typically follow that with a pretty obvious opinion that the majority held but pretend they were on an island with the voiced that thought, if they ever truly voiced it at all.

Very enlightening thread. I hope Tanner and Caslen contact the OP before making the next hire to get his personal approval of the coach. The fact alone that he doubted Muschamp could get the job done here makes him a modern day Nostradamus.

I recall most being apprehensive but hoping for the best. I was. Nobody on here was saying it was a slam dunk. I’m surprised he turned out to be so hard headed and unable to get the kids to win. I’m so happy he’s gone.

I mean if there was overwhelming support for the hire and it looked like a great hire on paper and you were the outlier that was calling BS and it panned out that way then I could at least get on board with the gloating.

But there were far many more disappointed in the hire than were for it. And there was plenty of pessimism.

So there’s that.

Reactions: USCBatgirl21
Obviously you don't hate to say, or you wouldn't say it.

I hate I was wrong but boy were you all blind. It was time to move on and now the program can start fresh.

great success, congrats on an amazing milestone.

Cool story bro... There is no way that you were not the only one who knew. I mean he was so awesome everywhere else, nobody and I mean nobody but you could see this coming. Awesome call!!!!! When we hire our new coach will you please do us all a favor and tell us moron's how it will turn out? Please........ JK, joking with you. You opened up yourself for what comes at you on this thread but in kidding with you.

Reactions: okccock

Make up your mind...were you right or were you wrong. P.S. Writing for comprehension is a skill not all have.

After WM was hired I remember watching the video documentary of Ray Tanner flying out to do the interview and falling in love with the guy. Tanner gloated how they stayed up all night talking after an evening of wining and dining...... and how they couldn’t get enough of one another.
Given WM’s recent Florida tenure the hire seemed questionable to me. I was a member of another gamecock forum that since went offline. I remember Florida fans coming to our board and warning us......... And boy....... They were NOT kidding!

Still I was optimistic and gave the guy a chance. I was positive and had his back.

But fast forward to the end of the 2018 season.... I was totally off the BOOM BUS.

Last edited:
Look I have no problem with this guy saying that because he’s right. The majority of this board was behind the hire, I say at least 70 percent were, and that was probably the percentage throughout Gamecock nation. Another 10 to 12 percent was willing to give the guy a chance, because the supporters of the hire pushed them to do it. Those are the facts and a lot of people don’t wanna admit when they were wrong, but when it boils down to it “all of, Gamecock nation failed on the Will Muschamp hire. We should’ve never let it happen knowing what we knew.

Look I have no problem with this guy saying that because he’s right. The majority of this board was behind the hire, I say at least 70 percent were, and that was probably the percentage throughout Gamecock nation. Another 10 to 12 percent was willing to give the guy a chance, because the supporters of the hire pushed them to do it. Those are the facts and a lot of people don’t wanna admit when they were wrong, but when it boils down to it “all of, Gamecock nation failed on the Will Muschamp hire. We should’ve never let it happen knowing what we knew.
Exactly. The same people who are now taking the most unqualified potential candidate and making ridiculous comparisons like Dabo etc and saying he wants to be here are the same ones who said Muschamp wanted to be here and surely had learned from his mistakes.

The culture problem isn't just within the football facilities. The culture problem is also within our fanbase making excuses for every bad decision that is made.

To be fair you were also hyping willie taggert

OP...Gamecock boards were the only place in America where there was even a debate on Muschamp. The entire CFB world knows Muschamp is a pathetic head coach, Ray is the only Eskimo that didn’t get the memo.

Reactions: MVPs

WOW
The thought someone feels they were “the one” who thought from the start this was a bad hire and literally came here to gloat about it now... I just do not even know where to start with this guy! Lmao... I wish/ hooe this was a joke! I just cannot believe anybody is this far gone... Kind of speechless rn..

OP...Gamecock boards were the only place in America where there was even a debate on Muschamp. The entire CFB world knows Muschamp is a pathetic head coach, Ray is the only Eskimo that didn’t get the memo.
All of us on the boards who opposed the hire of Muschamp. Should’ve sent the message; to Ray that we wasn’t going for it! Instead we had members who defended all kinds of stupid moves by Muschamp. The hire of Kurt Roder, the hire of Byran McClendon as offensive coordinator, Even though the guy never called a game at “any level” And he brought in Dan Werner and never let him help call plays, he also had Bobby Bentley who ran one of the most explosive offenses I ever seen in football no matter the level. He also fired our chaplain but most of us was against that. The college football world knew about Muschamp but we were foolish enough to take him and that’s the bottom line.

Reactions: MVPs
The majority of this board was behind the hire, I say at least 70 percent were, and that was probably the percentage throughout Gamecock nation.
I disagree. Most of the Gamecock nation just kept quiet about it since it wouldn't have made a difference and only made things worse.

I clearly remember when I heard the news, that it felt like I got punched in the gut.

Your perception is your reality . You’ll always be right but thanks for sharing.

Well aren't you special?

So were you right or wrong? You statement is confusing. As to Muschamp it was not who we wanted. I don't remember anyone saying prior to the hire he was the first (or fourth) choice.

I’m curious, why pop up with this now?

Make you feel special to pile on?

The hire didn’t work out. It happens. Who would you have hired?

Fuente was a hot guy at the time, didn’t want anything to do with us or the SEC. He’s running out of time at VPI. Herman didn’t want anything to do with us, he used us to get a raise while waiting on Strong to get fired. UGA fired a successful coach to block us from hiring Smart. There were other coaches contacted not interested in coming here.

Muschamp inherited a disaster that likely wouldn’t have happened if Spurrier didn’t replace Beamer with Jr. Considering he had to update every single aspect of the program, he worked his ass off to try and straighten us out.

Did it translate to wins and titles? No, but the program is in a better spot than it was. The buyout sucks, but it is what it is. In a way I can understand it, because if he’d kept us winning a legacy program would’ve tried sniping him. The buyout was too big, and he failed as a HBC. It’s now history.

I’m curious, why pop up with this now?

Make you feel special to pile on?

The hire didn’t work out. It happens. Who would you have hired?

Fuente was a hot guy at the time, didn’t want anything to do with us or the SEC. He’s running out of time at VPI. Herman didn’t want anything to do with us, he used us to get a raise while waiting on Strong to get fired. UGA fired a successful coach to block us from hiring Smart. There were other coaches contacted not interested in coming here.

Muschamp inherited a disaster that likely wouldn’t have happened if Spurrier didn’t replace Beamer with Jr. Considering he had to update every single aspect of the program, he worked his ass off to try and straighten us out.

Did it translate to wins and titles? No, but the program is in a better spot than it was. The buyout sucks, but it is what it is. In a way I can understand it, because if he’d kept us winning a legacy program would’ve tried sniping him. The buyout was too big, and he failed as a HBC. It’s now history.
He wanted Willie Taggart lol

Not true. Many here swore he would be successful here and that UF didn't give him enough time and Texas must've saw his genius, yada yada yada.

I had to remove myself from the board due to all of the venom towards me and the undying support most here had for the guy.

But now everyone knew it...lmao.
This entire thread is a fabrication.. Fans were irate when we hired him. Eventually people have to calm down and accept reality but I was on this forum then too and plenty of us were not happy with this hire. Your “you all” comment is a flat out lie.

... I was right...I hate I was wrong...

tenor.gif

I don't think you were even close to the only one who was "right". Some of us just wanted to be optimistic with what we were dealt.

I was skeptical but optimistic on Muschamp learning from his mistakes at Florida. I must say, whoever was pushing for Matt Rhule was a genious though!

Everybody on this board knows that I’ve bitched and moaned about Muschamp since the day he was hired but 90% of us knew this was a disaster from the jump . No point in “I told you so” when pretty much all of us felt the same way . Living in Florida and seeing first hand the downright hatred and venom Gator fans have for this guy makes it pretty obvious . The day he was hired I got literally a fifty texts from friends either laughing or a apologizing . However as much as I loathed this hire I wanted it to work out . I wanted to be wrong and I wanted to be that guy who was eating crow . Nobody should be taking joy in the fact he bombed and probably set our program back further than it was when he arrived . I think the guy did the best he possibly could but he’s just Kryptonite unfortunately. Great guy , good mentor , hard worker , runs a clean program .. he just can’t win football games and that’s important.

If your going to start a " I was right to be against the Muschamp thread" then you need to say who you were for and quote what you posted in 2015. Its all still here.

Those that wanted Matt Rhule (Which I never posted wanting him) really can crow.

Its been obvious Caslen cares more what the fans and alumni think about the football coach then President Pastides did.

I dont remember seeing a pissed off picture of him at a game like Caslen.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT