ADVERTISEMENT

Have to admit this was a good loss!

statelinecock

Oct 2, 2010
Would have much rather had the W but this game has really screwed up the Clemson fanbase. They were so convinced they would beat us by 50 but ended up with a 5 point win against a team that had no head coach and just lost to Citadel. No way a number 1 team wins by 5 against a program in the shape ours is presently in. Thanks Cocks for ruining there day!!!

Reactions: SportsSuites1
Would have much rather had the W but this game has really screwed up the Clemson fanbase. They were so convinced they would beat us by 50 but ended up with a 5 point win against a team that had no head coach and just lost to Citadel. No way a number 1 team wins by 5 against a program in the shape ours is presently in. Thanks Cocks for ruining there day!!!

Not having any that talk here... We lost!

Had 3 or chances to put points on the board and could have buried Clemson with their first loss...

It's a W. May drop a spot or two, may not. I'm sure they don't care, just beat UNC and they're in the playoffs. Next year won't be much different, for that matter.

Not candy coating it but this loss has bothered me less than any in history. They left with bad taste in there mouth even though they got the w.

I'm one of the fans that don't believe in moral victories . But I saw a group of kids on that field that where abandoned by a head coach and still went out and played thier ace of against the #1 team in the nation. Give us a good head coach and we are back on track next year. Hell with the haters . Go Gamecocks

I'd rather win but glad we didn't get blown out. I believe next year they will have their entire offense back which sucks. Watson is the real deal

Reactions: nikolas22
We were fighting the refs as well. 3 chances and 3 bad calls.[/QUOTE]

I'm with you on that. Our Coach hinted about these being ACC refs.
If they had just made ONE of those totally questionable calls in our favor.
I just wish the refs would be held accountable !
That being said, these guys--especially the defense and some of the offense kept giving us turnovers and a chance. They d i d n o t q u i t !

No loss to UPC is a good loss - not any year, not under any conditions. You'll only get to be around for so many Carolina-UPC games, so every time we fail to beat them is an unrecoverable tragedy.

No loss is a good loss. We stink and the program is in the crapper. Who is coming to fix it?

No way a number 1 team wins by 5 against a program in the shape ours is presently in. Thanks Cocks for ruining there day!!!

haha. totally ruined our day. congrats on playing your hearts out in your home stadium, fighting through a +2 turnover margin, and yet never led the entire game. did I really hear you just say our program sucks and therefore we should not have come close to only losing by 5 points. that actually sounds quite pathetic.

Somebody please round up all the moral victory fans and ship them out of state...for good. That is the only "good" I see when I read a post like that headliner.

That game showed our potential recruits that with just a little help from them WE could be 12-0 ... it WAS a 'good loss' - if there is such a thing. All I know is I took the 17.5 on Monday and DOUBLED down when it reached 21 before KO ... THANK YOU Gamecocks!!! Danke!!!

haha. totally ruined our day. congrats on playing your hearts out in your home stadium, fighting through a +2 turnover margin, and yet never led the entire game. did I really hear you just say our program sucks and therefore we should not have come close to only losing by 5 points. that actually sounds quite pathetic.
There are juvenile fans in every fanbase. I myself am intent on getting our own problems corrected, having grown up a long time ago..

I was impressed by the effort and by the 50,000 or so Cock fans that showed up. Other than that it was a loss. CU handed us the game on a platter in the 1st quarter, Three and out, fumbles, etc. and we don't score a POINT.

Congrats on scaring the fecal matter out of the fans in the 4th quarter, because we definitely did that. If USC had a half ass DC, we might have won the game. Oh, and if CU didn't have #4 at QB. He was calm and cool when the place was the loudest yesterday. Of course, no pressure by our D was helpful in those drives as well. Third and long converted, I believe five times in CU's last TD and FG drives, perhaps more?

I was impressed by the effort and by the 50,000 or so Cock fans that showed up. Other than that it was a loss. CU handed us the game on a platter in the 1st quarter, Three and out, fumbles, etc. and we don't score a POINT.

Congrats on scaring the fecal matter out of the fans in the 4th quarter, because we definitely did that. If USC had a half ass DC, we might have won the game. Oh, and if CU didn't have #4 at QB. He was calm and cool when the place was the loudest yesterday. Of course, no pressure by our D was helpful in those drives as well. Third and long converted, I believe five times in CU's last TD and FG drives, perhaps more?
Totally agree, the 1st quarter we should have been up by at least 10.....at least .

We played everyone to a close final score. We played down or up to lose close. Clemson was no different If this had not been the pattern the last 2 years I would take some solace in a close lose, but now it is just business as usual.

I'd rather win but glad we didn't get blown out. I believe next year they will have their entire offense back which sucks. Watson is the real deal
That is true, but for the most part they stayed pretty healthy this year and their competition didn't. That might not be the case next year. Plus didn't they play like 30 home games this year? I mean every big game except us was in Dead Valley. They struggle on the road. This is their magical season. Next year, maybe not.

Not happy with the loss but was glad to see we were the tougher team. It was great seeing Nunez run through one of their big defensive tackles on that 2 point conversion. We hit harder throughout the game, they run pretty but hit them in the mouth and they will drop the ball. Watson was the difference, I just wanted Skai or somebody to put one big hit on him but he was just too elusive.

NO SUCH THING....that's the "old carolina".......I heard a guy say "wait till next year" when we have a coach, and I almost told him how stupid he sounded....

And if USC didn't have Conner Shaw there would have not been a 5-0, but they did and CU has DW.

Are you fricking kidding me. I will not be satisfied with moral victories. Thats where we came from several years ago and now you are right back to claiming moral victories while Clemson is on the verge of playing for a Natty.

We played everyone to a close final score. We played down or up to lose close. Clemson was no different If this had not been the pattern the last 2 years I would take some solace in a close lose, but now it is just business as usual.

You nailed it...we play up or down to our competition. That is definitely our m.o.
The Clemson team I saw yesterday was by far the best team we have faced all year. I have watched them on TV but I like to see a team in person. You get a better feel for speed, athleticism and size. I thought they were impressive. I don't understand the "we played them close so they must not be very good". I prefer "we had a chance to beat a very good team"
If this was #1 Bama, and we played them close, we would hang our hats on that fact and probably pull for them to win it all. But I understand this is our rival and winning it all would not be good for us.

That is true, but for the most part they stayed pretty healthy this year and their competition didn't. That might not be the case next year. Plus didn't they play like 30 home games this year? I mean every big game except us was in Dead Valley. They struggle on the road. This is their magical season. Next year, maybe not.

As a Clemson fan I can tell you IMO the Clemson team looks tired and hurt both. Clemson's by-week came very early this year and I thing the team is more beat up than one might think. I think this is true both mentally and physically.

By the way, that long run by Orth was pretty darn amazing! If he can control his streakiness he will be a good QB. South Carolina played honorably and did not give up. It was a great game I thought.

You nailed it...we play up or down to our competition. That is definitely our m.o.
The Clemson team I saw yesterday was by far the best team we have faced all year. I have watched them on TV but I like to see a team in person. You get a better feel for speed, athleticism and size. I thought they were impressive. I don't understand the "we played them close so they must not be very good". I prefer "we had a chance to beat a very good team"
If this was #1 Bama, and we played them close, we would hang our hats on that fact and probably pull for them to win it all. But I understand this is our rival and winning it all would not be good for us.
I don't think anybody is downplaying the Tigers just because we played them close. They are a good team that plays two or three tough games every year. I don't see them doing as well playing an SEC schedule, but hey, they aren't in the SEC. At least from my perspective, I just don't know if we are any good or just played inspired football yesterday. I was out this morning and saw a lot of Tigers. They didn't seem as cocky today as yesterday. I think the game was a wake up call that they might not be as good as they had believed. On the other hand, the Tigers could have just been respectful in their victory, but in all honesty that would be a first. Not taking anything away from a team that wins out in regular season. Kudos to them, but I am not as worried about them being so much better than us. A little good coaching would go a long way toward evening out the playing field.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT