ADVERTISEMENT

Heard Tanner will Announce the December 1 make up game this Sunday...

I say nobody who wants a home game in return. I think you can scratch any power 5 conference team. But I would love for it to be Virginia Tech.

I just hope it's someone we can beat without too much nail biting. We may need it to be bowl eligible.
I don't have a lot of confidence that they will schedule a cupcake, even though that's what we need.
Making schedules several years out, you don't have the luxury of knowing what a team will be like when you actually line up against them. In a case such as this, we have a chance to know what we're getting. Schedule an easy "W", please. We need as good of a record as possible for recruiting optics, imo.

I agree with 92Pony
My heart says schedule someone similar to Ten so we have another great game to attend.
He head knows we need the win. Schedule the closet thing to a sure win we can.

Odds are low, but I would love to get a game like VT or some other team that is out of the playoffs and left with an afterthought bowl.

If it plays out like it's shaping up, a 7-5 season with only significant wins being nail biters to UM and UT at home is pretty lousy and we learn nothing.

I think they may have waived rules like that in the past after natural disasters and the likes. I could be wrong though.

LOL! The Iranians could have invaded eastern South Carolina and the NCAA would probably say, 'No! We can't allow that. The rules say we can't, and we don't want to set any precedent'.

Gotta luv them guys. They're just as empathetic as Mother Teresa!

Reactions: gamecockfury
Hope it`s Southern Miss or ECU - we should be able to dispose of either without too much angst.

Reactions: PC31
LOL! The Iranians could have invaded eastern South Carolina and the NCAA would probably say, 'No! We can't allow that. The rules say we can't, and we don't want to set any precedent'.

Gotta luv them guys. They're just as empathetic as Mother Teresa!
Yeah that's why I said I could be wrong. It doesn't sound like the ncaa. Not sure why I think the precedent may have already been set tho. I might be losing my mind.

Last edited:
Hope it`s Southern Miss or ECU - we should be able to dispose of either without too much angst.

So long as we show up and play solid football on both sides of the ball.

Don't schedule a triple option team, but try to schedule a team that most resembles the teams we've played this reason re: types of Offense and Defense.

Reactions: 92Pony
Wofford, their last regular season game is November 17.
They are a triple option team, yes?

tenor.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT