ADVERTISEMENT

Help me understand.

May 10, 2016
Gilbert, SC
How is Doty still the QB without giving Brown a chance? All of Gamecock Nation: Doty is hurt, so he can’t run. Doty is trying to prevent turnovers, that’s why he takes sacks (and he’s hurt). Doty is only starting his whatever game it is now, he’s learning. All excuses made by the media and Carolina fans. Doty was lucky at the end of the half they called that intentional grounding. It’s 3rd down at the end of the half, no reason to attempt to throw anywhere. Take the sack.
P.S.- Spare me the BS response, “the offensive line let that defender come straight up the middle.” Doty has shown ZERO ABILITY TO AVOID ANY TYPE OF RUSH! A simple side step would’ve avoided the blitz. If we need an Alabama type offensive line for Doty to succeed then most have already answered their own questions.

Because we have a clueless and inexperienced coaching staff, and truthfully, no one else wants to come here ans work for a loser like Tanner, or put up with the BS of our BOT! Pretty simple really. Beamer cant coach a HS football team, much less an SEC team. We are a NATIONAL embarassment!

How is Doty still the QB without giving Brown a chance? All of Gamecock Nation: Doty is hurt, so he can’t run. Doty is trying to prevent turnovers, that’s why he takes sacks (and he’s hurt). Doty is only starting his whatever game it is now, he’s learning. All excuses made by the media and Carolina fans. Doty was lucky at the end of the half they called that intentional grounding. It’s 3rd down at the end of the half, no reason to attempt to throw anywhere. Take the sack.
P.S.- Spare me the BS response, “the offensive line let that defender come straight up the middle.” Doty has shown ZERO ABILITY TO AVOID ANY TYPE OF RUSH! A simple side step would’ve avoided the blitz. If we need an Alabama type offensive line for Doty to succeed then most have already answered their own questions.
My response is: because Brown isn’t a P5 qb. Love his help and effort- but neither is the GA zeb. We have (maybe) 1 on the roster. I still feel like Doty is a package qb/h back / slot receiver....I feel like Doty is the same skill set kinda like how we use bell.
5 ain’t a P5 qb.
So we have (maybe) 1 on the roster: gauthier

Because we have a clueless and inexperienced coaching staff, and truthfully, no one else wants to come here ans work for a loser like Tanner, or put up with the BS of our BOT! Pretty simple really. Beamer cant coach a HS football team, much less an SEC team. We are a NATIONAL embarassment!
I hate that there is so much truth in what you’re saying . Don’t agree with it all...but I agree what you’re saying generally is accurate

I don't think there is any way to understand this offensive "philosophy". We go away from what works, are very predictable, and don't bother to throw past the sticks on 4th down. Kinda semi-proud of our defense though, and we've g got great kickers. We need change on offense!

We haven’t even given him a chance. He did throw the ball away on his only Carolina football snap. Which was a smart decision at the time. Maybe he’s not P5, Doty isn’t either.
My response is: because Brown isn’t a P5 qb. Love his help and effort- but neither is the GA zeb. We have (maybe) 1 on the roster. I still feel like Doty is a package qb/h back / slot receiver....I feel like Doty is the same skill set kinda like how we use bell.
5 ain’t a P5 qb.

Reactions: kidrobinski
We could’ve at least proven that to be correct at this point by playing him. We have nothing to lose by playing him when we’re getting our brains beat out against Tennessee and Georgia. When we’re beating the crap out of Eastern Illinois, no action. You can’t tell what a player is made of until he actually plays.
Yeah I suspect Brown is not P5 quality QB material either.

Reactions: DeBoer31
5 ain’t a P5 qb.

We could’ve at least proven that to be correct at this point by playing him. We have nothing to lose by playing him when we’re getting our brains beat out against Tennessee and Georgia. When we’re beating the crap out of Eastern Illinois, no action. You can’t tell what a player is made of until he actually plays.

We haven’t even given him a chance. He did throw the ball away on his only Carolina football snap. Which was a smart decision at the time. Maybe he’s not P5, Doty isn’t either.
Fact is no one has SEEN him for their one-liners. We saw him in the spring game and he DAMN sure looked like a P5 QB to me. We saw him in the EIL game and he DAMN sure looked like a P5 QB to me.

Meanwhile we have Doty every snap, every game since Georgia doing DOODLY. He throws a long ball like Shaq shot three balls. Has ANYONE EVER seen Doty look at ANYONE besides whoever the primary target before the snap on any play?!? I haven’t.

But every week we are FRIGGIN AFRAID to see what other guys we have SEEN (Brown, White, Jenkins) because SOMEONE SOMEWHERE is saying they’re not P5.

Meanwhile we continue getting our ARSE handed to us.

Wasn’t really trying to bring up the spring game but you did and he damn sure was accurate with the ball.
Fact is no one has SEEN him for their one-liners. We saw him in the spring game and he DAMN sure looked like a P5 QB to me. We saw him in the EIL game and he DAMN sure looked like a P5 QB to me.

Meanwhile we have Doty every snap, every game since Georgia doing NOTHING. He throws a long ball like Shaq shot three balls. Has ANYONE EVER seen Doty look at ANYONE besides whoever the primary target before the snap on any play?!? I haven’t.

But every week we are FRIGGIN AFRAID to see what other guys we have SEEN (Brown, White, Jenkins) because SOMEONE SOMEWHERE is saying they’re not P5.

I don't think there is any way to understand this offensive "philosophy". We go away from what works, are very predictable, and don't bother to throw past the sticks on 4th down. Kinda semi-proud of our defense though, and we've g got great kickers. We need change on offense!

I hereby retract my compliments to our defense and kicking game.

Can we win this game with Doty? Sure we can. Can we improve as a team with Doty? Absolutely not!
5 ain’t a P5 qb.

Meanwhile we have Doty every snap, every game since Georgia doing DOODLY. He throws a long ball like Shaq shot three balls. Has ANYONE EVER seen Doty look at ANYONE besides whoever the primary target before the snap on any play?!? I haven’t.

We are officially the bottom feeders and Doty is still a damn doofus!

Reactions: scottsbranch

Well...we have a bunch of rec. and te who can’t get open (save for vann and bell)...so it’s hard to go to them if they can’t get open in about 2-2.5 seconds (and they can’t).
hurt c. Hill last year....will hurt all qbs

You know as well as I do that good QB’s lead receivers into open space with the ball. Doty hasn’t avoided a rush and hasn’t seen open receivers all game! (Meant to send this but I was too excited to see a new QB win the game)
Well...we have a bunch of rec. and te who can’t get open (save for vann and bell)...so it’s hard to go to them if they can’t get open in about 2-2.5 seconds (and they can’t).

100% agree Doty is given every opportunity every week but no one else is given a chance. Every excuse for Doty every week... It's time to move on from Doty.

Reactions: Bleadgandb3334
We also have EJ Jenkins, who as usual got in for his requisite ONE FRIGGIN PLAY and made the catch as he always does, and then we saw Joyner Joyner Joyner. Joyner was in end zone standing there with his finger up his arse on the final touchdown to Leggette.

We have playmakers; PUT THEM IN and STOP with whatever thought processes this staff has going on.

5 ain’t a P5 qb.
And he should be playing and getting quality experience. Hell he can do everything the other 2 have done so far, even as a freshman. JMHO.

Quit looking back and look forward...

Jason Brown made a big leap from St. Francis, an FCS school to Carolina against SEC teams... Players in the SEC are faster than the players who played against St St. Francis... It just took Brown time to get use to the speed... Look what he did against TAM... Speed killed him with two INT's...

Plus, the other times he came in as mop up didn't look good...

Also, the run game helped out big time...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT