ADVERTISEMENT

Here is how we lost XT

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaleighGC

Oct 22, 2008
Pretty simple. Bama has perfected working EVERY loophole within the system to bring in top tier talent. Clemson, to their credit hired Bama personnel and are now practicing the same tactics. Claiming bagman, and jobs and free vacations may very well be true but Clemson is not breaking the rules. I know that is hard for many of you to accept but the strategy put into place is to copy Bama. Go ahead and post the pictures of the kids with cash but let's face it, those photos are ancient and offer no tangible truths...........If there is one conspiracy that might have legs it is the funneling through the church but good luck with that one.....

Pretty simple. Bama has perfected working EVERY loophole within the system to bring in top tier talent. Clemson, to their credit hired Bama personnel and are now practicing the same tactics. Claiming bagman, and jobs and free vacations may very well be true but Clemson is not breaking the rules. I know that is hard for many of you to accept but the strategy put into place is to copy Bama. Go ahead and post the pictures of the kids with cash but let's face it, those photos are ancient and offer no tangible truths...........If there is one conspiracy that might have legs it is the funneling through the church but good luck with that one.....

Many believe they get "gifts" from churches like newspring. Newspring's pastors are all giant clemson fans that have access to the football program at any time.

And giving his sister a free ride never hurt either..

Everything we do is within the confines of the rules. The same goes for Bama, FSU, tOSU, U of M, the U, USC (in recent years, the Reggie Bush fiasco now in the past), and Texas. Is it fair? No, but it it's within the rules. We don't do things like what Ole Miss did. That was actual cheating. If they wanted to get the players, they should have found loopholes like every one else.

Everything we do is within the confines of the rules. The same goes for Bama, FSU, tOSU, U of M, the U, USC (in recent years, the Reggie Bush fiasco now in the past), and Texas. Is it fair? No, but it it's within the rules. We don't do things like what Ole Miss did. That was actual cheating. If they wanted to get the players, they should have found loopholes like every one else.

Give me an example or two of a loophole, please.

It's no more complicated than that...No need to romanticize or wrap it up in mystery...There is no mystery here...There is nothing we did wrong...Clemons won the Championship and a lot of kids want to jump on the bandwagon...

We will build a bandwagon of our own without Mr. Thomas

Be sure to let @world famous 3rd base hecklers know when the bandwagon is built. He'll be the first to jump on. Witness: Gamecock MBB this year.

It can be rightfully be said XT lacks the strength of character that young A'ja Wilson had...A'ja shoved all the bandwagons aside (UCONN included) and decided to help Coach Staley bring the first National Championship to USC...Coach Boom has to find talented recruits of that character...They may not be 5 stars..But that strength of character will enable them to achieve more than the bandwagon jumpers are likely to

Clemmons has it going on right now after opening their football ops center with a Slide smh. They won the national championship and they are putting kids in the league. It ain't hard to see what's good.

We will get there but we have to WIN and win now to get the goods.

You didn't ask me but I would say hiring a parent for a job as part of recruitment of the student-athlete. I believe USC has done that in the past as well..........I am not trying to stir the pot with the thread. I am simply making the point that Clemson carbon copied the best. We should do the same. We should offer life changing money to key personnel at these football factories. The top 30 football programs (based on revenue) have an average gross revenue of $45M a year, by contrast the top 30 basketball programs average $15M. I believe we are making the strides, it took one hundred years of futility and 25 more years of SEC observation for the light bulb to finally come on but I think the 11 win seasons are proof of the potential ROI.

So explain Clemmons recruiting success before their national championship?

they work very hard at it in addition to building the recruiting infrastructure that Muschamp had to catch up on when he got here...Boom's predacessor still used a 90s recruiting philosophy...Boom is doing the right things the right way...My hope is that he is willing to cheat big time when the opportunities are there..That's what everyone else does

Another thing Dabo and staff has always done is get on kids early and stay on them until the end. He also seems to have a knack for reading people when hiring coaches and tends to find people with the same relentless drive that he has. When you get an entire group going in the same direction for the same goal and break neck pace good things happen. You need some breaks along the way and the ball to bounce your way some too but this staff puts in the work.
One of the biggest gets for Clemson was not even a coach. Thad Turnipseed. When Dabo hired him from Bama to oversee the recruiting dept design and to oversee the design of all the football facilities that was a HUGE get for Clemson. He had a smaller roll at Bama(facilities) but wanted to do more. Dabo offered him a larger roll with much more responsibility and the chance to get in deeper with the program. He has been the one of the major brains behind our recruiting tools and facility upgrades. Its my understanding he actually took the job without a raise in pay.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/04/sports/ncaafootball/clemson-tigers-thad-turnipseed.html?_r=0

Last edited:
So explain Clemmons recruiting success before their national championship?
They did well before the NC due to being in a weak football conference...now having been in the NC game two times in a row...and winning one of them---they are in the driver's seat. We've just got to hope their luck doesn't continue forever!

Reactions: Mr.Cocky83
My explanation is they recruit relentlessly and they also have a process on how they do it. They virtually pioneered the social media game. Now everyone else is playing catch up. Small town to keep mama's boy out of trouble. Christian values and graduates players. Call it what you want but it sells.

Yep, nothing to see here, move along folks. So everything cu does is within the confines of the rules huh ? ok, I'll bite what exactly are they doing ? It's not just sour grapes, something is not right and I believe that it's just a matter of time before something gives. cu is not Bama as bad as they want to be. One of these kids has to be willing to take a step out and be different, it just takes a few. I have faith in the staff we have that they are busting their butts to get talent in here and our time is coming ...be patient. These are good recruiters we have this is not their first rodeo.

Reactions: lowcountrytiger
It can be rightfully be said XT lacks the strength of character that young A'ja Wilson had...A'ja shoved all the bandwagons aside (UCONN included) and decided to help Coach Staley bring the first National Championship to USC...Coach Boom has to find talented recruits of that character...They may not be 5 stars..But that strength of character will enable them to achieve more than the bandwagon jumpers are likely to
O get over it Stop questionong the young mans character because he is going clemson.

No, they're paying. That's true as the sun rising in the east. I've had student athletes tell me how it's done. And good for Clemson. Losing sucks.

Reactions: NorthGATiger

Lol. Tell yourself what u want buddy

ROTFLMAO! Strong with you is the Dark Side.

They won the National Championship!
That would make sense at THIS point, but they've been bringing in 5-stars (several in Fla. when they were middle-of-the-pack in the ACC NOT a football conference at all - not exactly a big recruiting tool at the time - Spiller & a few others, for example) LONG before they were close to a national title. Recently, it's more understandable while building their program that way, but to get any & every one they want - which they claim - is fishy to say the least. They don't get investigated, so the NCAA gives them a pass for some reason, but I'll NEVER be convinced they're on the up & up. This Xavier Thomas situation is another "fishy" situation for several reasons - timing, dad leaking news, family business closing, promise to announce in Dec., being a life-long Gamecock who visited OFTEN & just last week declared us his leader, Clemson's new DL coach who wasn't his recruiter, cut off ALL social media with our coaches - the list goes on! Makes NO sense how this came down like this so fast & SO changed IMO! Whatever - he's the enemy now & we move on & Clemson will slide & we keep recruiting! Go Cocks!

No question why they're doing it well now. The question is, in 2010, 6-7, lost to USF in a bowl, hey I'm seeing a pattern, and they sign Sammy Watkins? XT was that caliber. No Turnipseed on staff then either. I can only say, we have to win now, and act like every recruit matters. Time will tell if that's happening

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT