ADVERTISEMENT

Here is how we lost XT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is another name that was a commitment to Clemson but changed later. In the recruiting process, Gronkowski was a Clemson and flipped elsewhere but he had committed to Clemson for quite a while. That's amazing to me as I am like how did they do that. At the time Spiller signed, not committed he had not visited Clemson. Signed with a school he had never seen.

Don't let facts get in the way of a good argument.

Spiller took his official visit to Clemson in January of 2006. He committed on 02/01/06.

http://www.goupstate.com/news/20060113/spiller-in-paul-out-for-clemson-weekend

Just a few years ago, Clemson cancelled their swimming and diving program because they could not afford to build an Olympic size swimming pool. AD Terry Don Phillips made this decision just like he made the decision to fire Tommy Bowden 1 year after giving him a huge new contract.

Now they built a new $55 Million Football OPs building and they don't have a sweet TV contract with a major sports network like we do. Makes you wonder if some of the $65 Million the church brings in annually was used to improve football facilities @ Clemson also.

Dabo and Perry Nobel appeared to be very close until the truth about Nobel's alcoholism surfaced.

If a church is using tithes to support athletics, it should lose it tax exempt status and the spending of every dime they take in should be audited.
It's a football ops center and church combined. During the off season we use it for "tent meetins" and revivals. Evangelical football. Hallelujah!!!

Reactions: lowcountrytiger
You mean to tell me that we're apart of some money laundering scheme and your fans are footing the bill! Hot damn I love it! Genius lmfao

Reactions: ClemTig86
Bottom line when you have a history of major cheating to win at the highest level it raises suspicions if you arent a Clemson fan. If you are even going to debate Clemson didn't cheat at the highest level 35 years ago save your breath. The NCAA doesn't ban teams from tv and bowls for 2 years if it's just minor violations. We all know this. I don't think Clemson is cheating now. They don't need to. I do think after USC beat them 2 years in a row they started cheating again during the 5 in a row span. Clemson is going to be good this year, but without Watson they want be elite. After trips to louisville and Virginia Tech the season will be all but over.
Clemson does not have a "history of major cheating." It got put on probation in the early 80's because a couple of boosters tried to entice a couple of kids with money and the KIDS DIDN'T COME TO CLEMSON. We got put on probation in the late 80's for some pretty ticky-tack stuff, like giving free long-sleeved t-shirts to recruits on campus. There has never been even the faintest whiff that Clemson cheats or has cheated at the kind of levels that Alabama, SMU, and various other schools have cheated. If you want to know whether Dabo's program is dirty or not, look at Ole Miss. Hugh Frieze hadn't been on campus for more than 15 minutes when everyone in the Southeast knew there was money changing hands between staff and players. Dabo's been head coach for 7 years now and there is not even the gentlest breath of scandal blowing on us.

Clemson University and Clemson (town) one in the same.

The city of Clemson's character is largely defined by Clemson University, a large public university that dates to 1889. The university is the cultural center of the city, even though a small multi-block downtown with housing, retail and restaurants is directly to the north of the campus.

I'm not sure what you mean by this. Clemson is a city in SC.
My comment was clear. Clemson is not a city. Clemson is a town located in North Georgia.

• Large city – a city with a large population and many services. The population is <1 million people but over 300,000 people.
  • City – a city would have abundant services, but not as many as a large city. The population of a city is between 100,000 and 300,000 people.
  • Large town – a large town has a population of 20,000 to 100,000.
  • Town – a town has a population of 1,000 to 20,000.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Settlement_hierarchy

Clemson does not have a "history of major cheating." It got put on probation in the early 80's because a couple of boosters tried to entice a couple of kids with money and the KIDS DIDN'T COME TO CLEMSON. We got put on probation in the late 80's for some pretty ticky-tack stuff, like giving free long-sleeved t-shirts to recruits on campus. There has never been even the faintest whiff that Clemson cheats or has cheated at the kind of levels that Alabama, SMU, and various other schools have cheated. If you want to know whether Dabo's program is dirty or not, look at Ole Miss. Hugh Frieze hadn't been on campus for more than 15 minutes when everyone in the Southeast knew there was money changing hands between staff and players. Dabo's been head coach for 7 years now and there is not even the gentlest breath of scandal blowing on us.

Are you serious???

http://www.nytimes.com/1982/11/23/sports/severe-sanctions-levied-on-clemson.html

It's a football ops center and church combined. During the off season we use it for "tent meetins" and revivals. Evangelical football. Hallelujah!!!

And they probably use the pools in the football operations center for baptisms from time to time, though I suspect the 45 degree water limits the number of converts. :)

Kind of like this.

16479672-16479672.jpg

My comment was clear. Clemson is not a city. Clemson is a town located in North Georgia.

• Large city – a city with a large population and many services. The population is <1 million people but over 300,000 people.
  • City – a city would have abundant services, but not as many as a large city. The population of a city is between 100,000 and 300,000 people.

The CITY of CLEMSON has been designated a city in SC. I am not sure how you can argue this.

This link gives a list of all cities in the state of SC. You will notice Clemson is listed.

http://www.theus50.com/southcarolina/cities.php

Also, based on your criteria above, Charleston and Greenville would not qualify as cities as of the 2000 census numbers.

Charleston, SC

Population: 96,650 (US Census 2000)

Greenville, SC

Population: 56,002 (US Census 2000)

The CITY of CLEMSON has been designated a city in SC. I am not sure how you can argue this.

This link gives a list of all cities in the state of SC. You will notice Clemson is listed.

http://www.theus50.com/southcarolina/cities.php

Also, based on your criteria above, Charleston and Greenville would not qualify as cities as of the 2000 census numbers.

Charleston, SC

Population: 96,650 (US Census 2000)

Greenville, SC

Population: 56,002 (US Census 2000)
Not arguing. And I did not set the criteria, common knowledge (outside of dim dare hills), hence the link.

You are free to continue calling a town of 14,000 people a city if you choose to do so.

Not arguing. And I did not set the criteria, common knowledge, hence the link.

You are free to continue calling a town of 14,000 people a city if you choose to do so.

So do you refer to the "Large Town of Greenville" and the "Large Town of Charleston"?

I am simply suggesting you use the designation given by the State of SC.

So do you refer to the "Large Town of Greenville" and the "Large Town of Charleston"?

I am simply suggesting you use the designation given by the State of SC.
No chance you typed this with a straight face.

Tell me about the similarities of clemson and charleston.
I will hang up and listen.

No chance you typed this with a straight face.

Tell me about the similarities of clemson and charleston.
I will hang up and listen.

I was simply using your posted criteria. Charleston does not have a population between 100,000 and 300,000 people. Therefore it cannot be considered a city based on your definition.

direct from Mapquest:

Clemson is a college town located in Pickens County in the U.S. state of South Carolina. The population was 11,939 at the 2000 census[dated info] and center of an urban cluster with a total population of 42,199. It is best known as the home of Clemson University.
The Pickens County portion of Clemson is part of the Greenville–Mauldin–Easley Metropolitan Statistical Area, while the Anderson County portion is part of the Anderson Metropolitan Statistical Area.
Clemson is located at 34°41′6″N 82°48′53″W / 34.685°N 82.81472°W / 34.685; -82.81472 (34.684930, -82.814777).

direct from Mapquest:

Clemson is a college town located in Pickens County in the U.S. state of South Carolina. The population was 11,939 at the 2000 census[dated info] and center of an urban cluster with a total population of 42,199. It is best known as the home of Clemson University.
The Pickens County portion of Clemson is part of the Greenville–Mauldin–Easley Metropolitan Statistical Area, while the Anderson County portion is part of the Anderson Metropolitan Statistical Area.
Clemson is located at 34°41′6″N 82°48′53″W / 34.685°N 82.81472°W / 34.685; -82.81472 (34.684930, -82.814777).

So clemson ain't chit without maudlin and Anderson

I was simply using your posted criteria. Charleston does not have a population between 100,000 and 300,000 people. Therefore it cannot be considered a city based on your definition.
The city of Charleston has a population of 120,083. (2010 census)
The town of Clemson has a population of 13,905 (2010 census)

just for the sake of playing along with this argument....

oh brother...first their 81 championship was bought. Their 16 championship was an illegal play and now their city is not a city?!?

PS Check your source...it is a settlement classification for the UK, which misleading as stated in the the link you provided...

"Problems with concept of a settlement hierarchy

Using size of a settlement can be misleading in some cases as not all population boundaries fit. Some cities (e.g., Norwich, England) have a smaller population than some towns (e.g. Luton, England). In addition there is no agreement as to the number of levels in the hierarchy or what they should be called. Many terms used to describe settlements (e.g. village) have no legal definition, or may have contradictory legal definitions in different jurisdictions."

Besides, Wikipedia (US or UK based) is not an official source of information as it is written largely by anonymous people with internet access.

Disclaimer: this post is for entertainment purposes

So in December of 1980 a football coach at Clemson offering a prospective student athlete a large sum of money and a car is not major? That's just the tip of the iceberg. It gets even worse.

And you are on. Gamecock forum why? The majority of us never visit your forum, much less post. As above, your less than classy brethren give your university a less than good reputation here. Of course, most have never darkened the halls but do have all the gear to display. While we welcome good respectful discussion and repartee, jackeagons as above do ruin it for folks who honestly want to discourse
Can't speak for him but here are a few reasons- This is a really, really active board. The Rivals free board for CU is a ghost town. The most active CU board (TN) is the clunkiest, most un-navigable site I've ever seen and ongoing threads like this one are a practical impossibility.

Can't speak for him but here are a few reasons- This is a really, really active board. The Rivals free board for CU is a ghost town. The most active CU board (TN) is the clunkiest, most un-navigable site I've ever seen and ongoing threads like this one are a practical impossibility.

Do your part, buddy. Get over there and invite your friends. Change the atmosphere and make it better. But I do see the appeal of tigs coming to our board. We are the most loyal fan base in the state and possibly the country.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT