ADVERTISEMENT

Here is how we lost XT

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the magic pixie dust. It also don't hurt when your head coach is building a new 22,000 sq. ft. home for recruits to hang out at. Rumor has it some players stay at his old home on Lake Keowee. Free housing, jet ski's, and boats.
and there you have it...

https://newspring.cc/news/clemson-campus-update1And...guess where Newspring is building a new Clemmons campus. Just down the road a piece.

You do realize they built campuses in Columbia, Northeast Columbia, and Lexington, all before building a campus in Clemson, don't you? If the church is a front to funnel money to Clemson they are amazing at what they do considering they have so many Gamecock fans that give to the church on a regular basis.

Last edited:
Reactions: FJRTiger
Just like D-III schools don't offer athletic scholarships, but they offer "academic" scholarships. All of those football players in D-III are getting academic scholarships. It isn't a full ride, but there is nothing that keeps them from offering a full ride for academics. I don't think high school can offer athletic scholarships, so it is most likely an academic scholarship.

Aside from this, who cares about the scholarships, whose getting paid, or who the bagman is? Some schools get it done, some don't. We don't. So, we will get what comes with not paying players. It happens, everyone knows it, the NCAA knows it, but they don't have the manpower to investigate every university. It is easier for the NCAA to investigate Western Kentucky than it is for them to investigate North Carolina. Some schools will give in easier to sanctions, others with the money, manpower, and legal support will draw the investigation out as long as they can. NCAA is so caught up with UNC right now, the other schools should take full advantage of it. Either get with the "pay the player" program, or shut the hell up about it. Some on here sound like grade school children on the playground yelling to the teacher, "he cheated". It happens, it is happening in Clemson, everyone knows it, but the two keys words in all of this is "prove it". Show me any talented college football player, from a low-income home, riding around in a brand new vehicle in his freshman year, and I will show you someone who just got paid.

And if he changes his mind to come to USC, everyone on here will be praising him for it, and coming to his senses.

Reactions: lowcountrytiger
Just like D-III schools don't offer athletic scholarships, but they offer "academic" scholarships. All of those football players in D-III are getting academic scholarships. It isn't a full ride, but there is nothing that keeps them from offering a full ride for academics. I don't think high school can offer athletic scholarships, so it is most likely an academic scholarship.

Aside from this, who cares about the scholarships, whose getting paid, or who the bagman is? Some schools get it done, some don't. We don't. So, we will get what comes with not paying players. It happens, everyone knows it, the NCAA knows it, but they don't have the manpower to investigate every university. It is easier for the NCAA to investigate Western Kentucky than it is for them to investigate North Carolina. Some schools will give in easier to sanctions, others with the money, manpower, and legal support will draw the investigation out as long as they can. NCAA is so caught up with UNC right now, the other schools should take full advantage of it. Either get with the "pay the player" program, or shut the hell up about it. Some on here sound like grade school children on the playground yelling to the teacher, "he cheated". It happens, it is happening in Clemson, everyone knows it, but the two keys words in all of this is "prove it". Show me any talented college football player, from a low-income home, riding around in a brand new vehicle in his freshman year, and I will show you someone who just got paid.

And if he changes his mind to come to USC, everyone on here will be praising him for it, and coming to his senses.

We should get a bagman with no ties to USC to start a go fund me page for our top recruits and let the chips fall where they may baby

Okay, it has been discovered.....NS and Clemson have a relationship. And..............?

Can you just for a moment believe that maybe the 17 year old's that go to Clemson and see the College Football Disneyland they just spent millions of dollars on, and the national championship, and the plethora of 5 stars on the team already, has something to do with why these guys want to go there? We will have to work our asses off if we plan to do things the "right way". Not saying it can't get done, but we are getting jobbed right now, and we will have to out work them.

Reactions: okccock
You do realize they built campuses in Columbia, Northeast Columbia, and Lexington, all before building a campus in Clemson, don't you? If the church is a front to funnel money to Clemson they are amazing at what they do considering they have so many Gamecock fans that give to the church on a regular basis.

Not saying I support any of this, but to suggest that Gamecock fans giving money to the church would change the fact that they were funneling money means absolutely nothing. If they were funneling money, they would be doing it no matter who is giving. A scam is a scam, and does not care who is getting scammed. Some of the best scams were "amazing" in how they go about it.

Pretty simple. Bama has perfected working EVERY loophole within the system to bring in top tier talent. Clemson, to their credit hired Bama personnel and are now practicing the same tactics. Claiming bagman, and jobs and free vacations may very well be true but Clemson is not breaking the rules. I know that is hard for many of you to accept but the strategy put into place is to copy Bama. Go ahead and post the pictures of the kids with cash but let's face it, those photos are ancient and offer no tangible truths...........If there is one conspiracy that might have legs it is the funneling through the church but good luck with that one.....
He was Never our to Lose. Has that not sunk in on this board?

Do they have regular paying students? If all are on scholarship where do they get the money to stay in business?

They have some regular-paying students but also recruit top athletes nationally and offer them financial aid that pays most, if not all, of their considerable tuition ($75,200 per year for a boarding student playing football). They also get some money from the State of FL on the premise that they bring economic development to the region. I believe they also have sponsorships from shoe, apparel, and equipment companies in a number of different sports.

For the record, I don't like the concept of IMG at all. It's a symptom of how athletics has become the all-consuming focus of a high school or college experience for tens of thousands of kids, most of whom will never make it to the pros and therefore rely on their degree, not their sport, to make a living for the rest of their lives.

Also, think about what is happening to the social lives and psyche of these kids. Their sport dominates their entire lives from the time they are in Middle School until they graduate college. Their team becomes their social circle, their family or home away from home in many cases, and the primary source of their self-worth. Once their athletic career comes to an end (as it inevitably does for a majority of them by the time the finish college), many of these kids are totally lost as they can't even imagine themselves as anything other than an athlete.

Anything taken to an extreme becomes a negative and I think we past that point with athletics a long time ago.

Last edited:
Meet givers Carol and Laurie Brown from Sumter.

"We gave to the Clemson building campaign because we saw NewSpring's impact on our own daughter when she was at college. We're excited to see the lives that will be changed in and around Clemson and from all over the world because of the new campus."

Interesting, Straight from their annual

Because of your generosity, we raised
$3,165,713
during our year end offering - Clemson for Christmas

One thing that did not help was the sorry crowd at the spring game. Almost like nobody really cares. Chit

I'm no expert but - a year or so ago I think we had about 30,000 at our spring game and some of our SEC rivals had 70,000? I was surprised and disappointed to see these figures. I would love to see spring attendance numbers for SEC teams and the Turds in the upstate for the last 10 years just to see how we usually stack up.

$3,165,713

Not sure if you are trolling or just confused. The "Clemson for Christmas" offering was the money raised to build the Newspring building and facilities in Clemson. These are the same facilities mentioned above. No one is debating Newspring having a campus very close to Clemson University. They also have 3 located in and around Columbia.

However, the money raised did not go to Clemson University. It is the same with your quote above this post.

"We gave to the Clemson building campaign because we saw NewSpring's impact on our own daughter when she was at college. We're excited to see the lives that will be changed in and around Clemson and from all over the world because of the new campus."

The giving they are referencing was to the building campaign Newspring did to build the church building in the city of Clemson. It had nothing to do with actual university building projects.

someone on this board reported last year that he attends New Springs in Cola. they had a presentation from Dabo about raising money for the church in Clemson. The poster said it was fine until the Orange cushioned pews were shown. That was a little much for him.

They built a campus in Lexington? I thought they met at Lexington High School. I know this because some NewSpring yahoo tried to have our car towed away from the LHS parking lot while we were out riding bikes one Sunday morning.

Churches are run by the congregation. When you go into a church building that is literally or de facto owned by the pastor, elders or church leaders, that's a business.

Reactions: RickyRooster
Churches are run by the congregation. When you go into a church building that is literally or de facto owned by the pastor, elders or church leaders, that's a business.
Yeah, I see they have a lot of franchises and once baptized 906 people in a single day. Somebody's making bank off this operation.

Last edited:
Reactions: RickyRooster

$3,165,713
It has always makes me wonder why a church needs $3,165,713 in the bank with all the poor out there. If they are raising $$ to build something there are still poor folks. I've yet to see anywhere in my Bible where anything good was said about money. If the seating is orange that means Clemson University gets the honor on Sunday just like God. You cannot worship God and money I don't care where the church is. Just my 2 cents.

Not trolling. I am saying there is being alot money being raised for Clemson by NewSpring. Who's to say that all of the money raised was used where it should have been.

Not trolling. I am saying there is being alot money being raised for Clemson by NewSpring. Who's to say that all of the money raised was used where it should have been.

The money was not raised for Clemson University. It was raised to place a Newspring Church facility in the city of Clemson. The university and the church are 2 different operations so raising money for one is not the same as raising money for the other.

Your last sentence is pure speculation. I could speculate that Darius Rucker is taking all of the money from his album sales and paying athletes at USC under the table, but without any evidence to back up my claim it remains pure speculation.

Reactions: geomancer
Perry_Noble_Vandercast.jpg

PTL (i.e. Praise The Lord) from back in the late 80's is a prime example.
Well, you just flashed me back 30 years to the spring of 1987. The phone rang and I picked up a new client--Heritage Village Church and Missionary Fellowship, Inc.

Except for the Catholic and Episcopal churches which are owned by the church.
Those still are not owned by the pastor or pastors. Places like New Spring are owned by the pastors and/or church leaders. They may literally bring people to salvation, but they're businesses at heart. Somebody or somebodies are getting rich off religion there.

Last edited:
Reactions: rogue cock
Is New Spring Episcopal or Catholic? Those still are not owned by the pastor or pastors.
Ummm....heck no, Catholic and Episcopal churches actually make their priests go to divinity school and actually know Hebrew, Greek and Latin. And you're right they are not in any form owned be the pastors.

Reactions: geomancer
Ummm....heck no, Catholic and Episcopal churches actually make their priests go to divinity school and actually know Hebrew and Latin. And you're right they are not in any form owned be the pastors.
You answered before I edited my comments. I didn't mean to sound sarcastic. I know NS is not either of those.

Reactions: rogue cock
Just a few years ago, Clemson cancelled their swimming and diving program because they could not afford to build an Olympic size swimming pool. AD Terry Don Phillips made this decision just like he made the decision to fire Tommy Bowden 1 year after giving him a huge new contract.

Now they built a new $55 Million Football OPs building and they don't have a sweet TV contract with a major sports network like we do. Makes you wonder if some of the $65 Million the church brings in annually was used to improve football facilities @ Clemson also.

Dabo and Perry Nobel appeared to be very close until the truth about Nobel's alcoholism surfaced.

If a church is using tithes to support athletics, it should lose it tax exempt status and the spending of every dime they take in should be audited.

When Dabo was hired in 2008, I thought he was a clown, complete with hokey "all in" slogans and juvenile gimmicks. Guess what? I still believe that, but apparently that silliness appeals to these kids, so he gets great players. He was also smart enough to hire the man most responsible for their Natty, Chad Morris, who they've conveniently forgotten was ever there. Next he hired Venables, and ratcheted up that defense to a championship level. I don't think they're cheating at all, they're just kicking our butts in every sport. Now we can manufacture excuses for the facts, like blaming Spurrier for every game we lose for the next 20 seasons, as well as global warming, teen pregnancy rates, and world hunger, or we can all admit that we have a head coach who appears to be an awesome recruiter, which will take a good bit of time. Unfortunately, too many of us also believe that Muschamp and his staff are great molders of talent, tactical geniuses, and the second coming of Vince Lombardi's Green Bay staff, when in reality there is not too much to justify that line of thinking in his previous experience. Time will tell about Muschamp, but I, for one, seriously have my doubts about any sudden rise to gridiron glory, from what I've seen so far.
You lost me at "Natty".

Reactions: humble servant
Here is another name that was a commitment to Clemson but changed later. In the recruiting process, Gronkowski was a Clemson and flipped elsewhere but he had committed to Clemson for quite a while. That's amazing to me as I am like how did they do that. At the time Spiller signed, not committed he had not visited Clemson. Signed with a school he had never seen.

its all apart of the coverup...gamecock fans attending the Newspring campuses in and around Columbia unknowingly funded the new Football Operations Center as well as under the table salaries for Watson and Boulware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT