ADVERTISEMENT

Heres an idea. Dont watch.*

As Miyagi said “win/lose no matter”. At this point it’s just for fun and if you could watch the team get beaten up all season what difference does one more week make?

They don't have to play in the SEC, either. If they did, their number would be zero, also.
That may be correct, but we’ll never know. I’m just saying they aren’t a joke of a football team as the post implied. Are you saying USC could never be punchline because they play in the SEC? That too would be incorrect.

I will selfishly watch our bowl game and not lose a minute's sleep over whether we "deserve" to be there or not. As a Gamecock fan, I've "deserved" better my whole life from our football program and have rarely gotten satisfaction. Our program has gotten screwed many a time by bizarre rules and political shenanigans. The fact that bizarre circumstances have for once worked in our favor and have given us a chance to go bowling this year does not bother me at all. In the off chance we win, the record books won't say, "South Carolina didn't deserve to be there."

Never said it wasn't. Just that I don't think 4 days of actual practice, not conditioning/rehabbing, is really going to make a big difference for the guys. But if it makes you feel better about our prospects going into the Spring and next season, you do you.
Practices are like gold. They are extremely valuable, especially in today's NCAA environment where they are so heavily restricted. It used to be you could practice every day for a month during spring. Now only 12 contact practices are allowed for spring practice. The length of each practice is more restricted as well. Four additional practices (one third more) can make a difference, especially for the younger guys.

It's a lose lose situation, if we lose it's embarrassing, and if we win and do a Gatorade bath/celebrate a 3-8 season it's embarrassing and we will be mocked for years for it.
Oh! Let's get rings.

lol, the team has been practicing since like July and we're 2-8 but just four more practices will do the trick.
An entire spring practice is not going to "do the trick" as you put it. There are a lot of improvements to be made and talent upgrades needed. But every extra practice will help. I can tell you ONE DAMN thing that is for CERTAIN: NOT practicing is not going to help AT ALL. You get better by practicing, not by sitting on your ass.

This team has been practicing 20 hours a week since like August and that’s gotten us to 2-8, yet folks think another 20 hours of practice will do the trick.

An entire spring practice is not going to "do the trick" as you put it. There are a lot of improvements to be made and talent upgrades needed. But every extra practice will help. I can tell you ONE DAMN thing that is for CERTAIN: NOT practicing is not going to help AT ALL. You get better by practicing, not by sitting on your ass.

We won’t get better practicing with this staff.

We won’t get better practicing with this staff.
Clearly you never played the game or you would know that it makes little difference about the staff. You get better by going up against other guys who are as good as or better than yourself. The repetition of the speed of the game makes you better. The more times you get looks at different situations gives you that experience you can draw upon later. There are drills that are designed to help you find and catch the ball better in traffic. This team could surely use that. There are drills designed to help you improve your techniques in blocking and tackling. Clearly these guys could use more of that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT