ADVERTISEMENT

Hilinski to Northwestern.

Yet he was named the starter, because he knew the offense better and was the best option. The guy you wanted to be given the starting role dropped to third string and left the program.

I’m not going to criticize the guy, looks like he did the best he could with what we had to work with.

Truth be told, it didn’t matter whether he did good or bad, some of you would always be butthurt because he beat out Hilinski. I hope Ryan succeeds at NW, but leaving doesn’t always lead to greener pastures. Jake has transferred twice now trying to find success. Which is sad...if he’d returned he could’ve held most of our passing records. But “fans” complained about him too.
Bobos offense is not hard AT ALL. What Hilinski probably ran in JR High isn't too dissimilar. The offense and it's difficulty wasn't why Hilinski didn't play

Bobos offense is not hard AT ALL. What Hilinski probably ran in JR High isn't too dissimilar. The offense and it's difficulty wasn't why Hilinski didn't play

I never really understood all the fuss over Bobo's "system." It's not like he just arrived from Mars with never-before-seen football plays. Nothing he does is innovative.

I never really understood all the fuss over Bobo's "system." It's not like he just arrived from Mars with never-before-seen football plays. Nothing he does is innovative.
And also, what’s so hard about route running, amirite? You run down the field and turn around basically, you know? It’s easy to tell from your seat 🙄🙄

And also, what’s so hard about route running, amirite? You run down the field and turn around basically, you know? It’s easy to tell from your seat 🙄🙄

if you’re going to respond to me, your response should contain a response to what I said.

He was better his freshman year than Hill was this year
He also played in many more games, under a different offensive schemes, against a weaker schedule, had way better receivers to throw to, while also not having the explosive run game we had this past season which quickly became the focus of our entire offense... The two situations and seasons are not even similar... I am not arguing Hill was some massive success, I am saying Hill and RH competed for the starting job and Hill beat him out. It does not make and never will make any sense to me when people imply it was not fair and the coaches started Hill even though RH was clearly a better option. That is simply not what coaches do, and regardless of what some may think of WM and Bobo, they wanted to win...

He also played in many more games, under a different offensive schemes, against a weaker schedule, had way better receivers to throw to, while also not having the explosive run game we had this past season which quickly became the focus of our entire offense... The two situations and seasons are not even similar... I am not arguing Hill was some massive success, I am saying Hill and RH competed for the starting job and Hill beat him out. It does not make and never will make any sense to me when people imply it was not fair and the coaches started Hill even though RH was clearly a better option. That is simply not what coaches do, and regardless of what some may think of WM and Bobo, they wanted to win...
Actually our SOS last year ranked higher

It’s concerning how much rock-solid trust you have in the decisions made by a failed coaching staff.

Where does all this inside info of Hilinski being a guy that refused instructions from Bobo and was a terrible team mate and was just a bad guy come from? Was there an insider on the team giving a report every day of what was going on? Some people seem to have every detail.
From what I've seen, it's mostly BS that the jackasses at TOS pass along as "insider news."

From what I've seen, it's mostly BS that the jackasses at TOS pass along as "insider news."

“insider info” is the biggest load of forum bull snot that’s ever been created. As soon as someone references “insider info” I know that person is a moron.

someone who posts “insider info” is either a gullible fool or a pathetic loser who just makes stuff up and calls “insider info” to try buying some credibility.

In order to make a statement like this...I guess life has been roses and daisies for you.
RH got screwed out of an entire year of football this year. He had to live the life of being the good soldier, showing up for practice, doing everything he needed to do with class and integrity. His situation is not the same as the quitters that just stopped playing in the middle of the season, or embellished a small injury to not continue to play (which happens on all bad teams all over the country). If he would have left in August, September....even October.....sure that wouldn't have been good. But the guys who were playing, even starting that left are far different situations to this.

He got dumped on last year. Period.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT