ADVERTISEMENT

Hillinski at game last night

I hope he creates a Bryant/Lawrence situation like Dabo had to deal with. Big difference is Jake’s dad is a coach on staff. So I’m not sure Coach Muschamp will have the heart to pull him. Maybe he does it in game 5 and lets jake maintain his redshirt. Sure worked for Clemson.

I hope he creates a Bryant/Lawrence situation like Dabo had to deal with. Big difference is Jake’s dad is a coach on staff. So I’m not sure Coach Muschamp will have the heart to pull him. Maybe he does it in game 5 and lets jake maintain his redshirt. Sure worked for Clemson.
You’re dreaming! Hilinski is not ready to start in the SEC and I don’t know if he’ll make the two deep his freshman year. Ryan could end up being our greatest quarterback ever who knows? But it’s not happening next season, that kid gotta a lotta work to do!

Kid might redshirt which wouldn't be a bad thing for us, assuming Jake stays healty all season. Hopefully Dak will have progressed enough to where he'll be a more than capable back-up. I'd still love to see him come into games giving us the added dimension of a QB that is capable of running with the football. The playbook doesn't necessarily have to change as zone read is part of most offenses these days. He'll just actually be a threat to keep, tuck it and run with it.

Reactions: Brace1
Kid might redshirt which wouldn't be a bad thing for us, assuming Jake stays healty all season. Hopefully Dak will have progressed enough to where he'll be a more than capable back-up. I'd still love to see him come into games giving us the added dimension of a QB that is capable of running with the football. The playbook doesn't necessarily have to change as zone read is part of most offenses these days. He'll just actually be a threat to keep, tuck it and run with it.
If the goal is not to change anything on offense next year then by all means redshirt Hilinski and start Bentley every game.

Next year is gonna be a wash anyway. Let jake take the hits and redshirt our future.

Um no it’s not going to be a “ wash “
We will have more depth and talent on D line and in secondary
Seniors at QB. RB. WR.
Do any of us know because of tough schedule we will win more or lose more ? No
It’s why we play the games

Um no it’s not going to be a “ wash “
We will have more depth and talent on D line and in secondary
Seniors at QB. RB. WR.
Do any of us know because of tough schedule we will win more or lose more ? No
It’s why we play the games

You might not know yet but you’ll find out. Over under should be around 7.

IMHO it would be cool to start someone without any D1 experience throwing INTs. :)
How about an experienced QB throwing Int's? Not bashing Jake, but his TD/Int ratio is not very good. He needs competition to have a competitive edge.

You’re dreaming! Hilinski is not ready to start in the SEC and I don’t know if he’ll make the two deep his freshman year. Ryan could end up being our greatest quarterback ever who knows? But it’s not happening next season, that kid gotta a lotta work to do!
How do you know how much work he has to do? I'm not saying he'll start or even play but what do you know about his work habits are you judging from the All-Star game?

You might not know yet but you’ll find out. Over under should be around 7.

The schedule in 2020 will be just as difficult.

We waste so much talent at USC thinking freshmen can't play.
it does seem that way. Haven't researched what % of starters have been freshmen in the past 6 yrs or so. When watching others play it seems they have freshmen play makers, nationally not just the school everyone talks about here. Suppose we don't get those special players so much. Let's hope this situation gets better sooner than later.

Ryan Hillinski
Thanks for being at game and helping cheer the team to victory. Just ignore anything negative you read on this board. Some people are neurotic and therefore negative. The rest of us are happy to have you here.

By the way my daughter graduated the Med school where your brother is going. She made 97th percentile on test to become board certified surgeon. Just pointing out he is getting a good education.

Reactions: ansoncock
Ryan Hillinski
Thanks for being at game and helping cheer the team to victory. Just ignore anything negative you read on this board. Some people are neurotic and therefore negative. The rest of us are happy to have you here.

By the way my daughter graduated the Med school where your brother is going. She made 97th percentile on test to become board certified surgeon. Just pointing out he is getting a good education.

LOL humble brag ... the 97th percentile wasn't necessary. However, definitely impressive, congrats to your daughter.

Reactions: ansoncock
How do you know how much work he has to do? I'm not saying he'll start or even play but what do you know about his work habits are you judging from the All-Star game?
I never judge someone off of one game. I evaluate them off their tape and as many games I can find from various sources, and I’ve seen a few full games he’s played and I reviewed highlights of his Jr year and Sr year, and based off of that; I don’t think Jake Bentley has to worry about Ryan Hillinski. The dude needs two years at max in my opinion.

LOL humble brag ... the 97th percentile wasn't necessary. However, definitely impressive, congrats to your daughter.
Sorry if I was bragging. I meant to point out that we have a great Med school. My daughter and son both graduated from USC as did their daddy and we got all got a great education. Much of that great education was the positive social environment outside of classroom.

Reactions: Horseshoe 04
I never judge someone off of one game. I evaluate them off their tape and as many games I can find from various sources, and I’ve seen a few full games he’s played and I reviewed highlights of his Jr year and Sr year, and based off of that; I don’t think Jake Bentley has to worry about Ryan Hillinski. The dude needs two years at max in my opinion.
Fair enough but we'll see. I hope can light it up in 2019.

Reactions: Brace1
South Carolina is not allowed to have a freshman QB starting. Other schools do, but we do not. Why? Cause that's the rules! Don't argue, don't make waves, them's the rules....

OH, that's right.........Bentley and McElwain were both juniors when they started game for us. But hey, that was 2 years ago.

If the goal is not to change anything on offense next year then by all means redshirt Hilinski and start Bentley every game.
Keep in mind that he can play in up to 4 games and still redshirt. The new rule gives us a lot of leeway in regards to keeping a player with a year of eligibility and allowing him to gain experience.

I get you but Connor Mitch had great HS tape.

I'm glad RH came here but will wait to see what he can do at this level.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT