ADVERTISEMENT

Honest question up for discussion?

Trubluepopeye

Aug 23, 2010
First of all I come in peace just wanted to ask a couple of questions if you don’t mind. Yes I’m a wildcat fan and I basically gave up on our season after losing both our starting QB and the 2nd string guy. Our 3rd string QB was already coming off surgery so it was what it was. When we played you guys this year I thought now this is the Gamecocks I’ve been expecting. You guys whipped us in all aspects of the game. Then you proceed to put one on the bulldogs? I can’t help but ask “ What Happened” ? I’m a college football fan overall and thought you guys where on your way to breakout season. The second question is Mushchamps seat getting a little warm because of this season?

OP, I'll answer your question. It's called the "Muschamp effect". Crap football will always prevail in the end.

Reactions: Brace1
First of all I come in peace just wanted to ask a couple of questions if you don’t mind. Yes I’m a wildcat fan and I basically gave up on our season after losing both our starting QB and the 2nd string guy. Our 3rd string QB was already coming off surgery so it was what it was. When we played you guys this year I thought now this is the Gamecocks I’ve been expecting. You guys whipped us in all aspects of the game. Then you proceed to put one on the bulldogs? I can’t help but ask “ What Happened” ? I’m a college football fan overall and thought you guys where on your way to breakout season. The second question is Mushchamps seat getting a little warm because of this season?

Off topic but the stat line from your QB versus Looi-vull on Saturday was nuts.

Passing 1 for 2 for 4 yards 0 TD, 0 INT
Rushing 22 for 284, 12.9 AVG and 4 TDs

Normally you see passing numbers like that for a QB, who played the entire game, you would assume they took an L if that is all you knew.

Crazy day.

Hey bud,
You gotta have a real good team to win without a QB.
The finest minds in Poland are employed to figure out what happened at USC this year.

Make sure you eat your spinach kid.
Yeah I thought well they stumbled out of the gate but it certainly looked like he had righted the ship against us then going toe to toe with the dogs I thought you where on way to at least 8 win season but then wow.

With Muschamp you lose 3 guys on your depth chart every week. It starts to take a toll as the season goes on.

Reactions: Brace1 and Judson1
Off topic but the stat line from your QB versus Looi-vull on Saturday was nuts.

Passing 1 for 2 for 4 yards 0 TD, 0 INT
Rushing 22 for 284, 12.9 AVG and 4 TDs

Normally you see passing numbers like that for a QB, who played the entire game, you would assume they took an L if that is all you knew.

Crazy day.
Yeah Lynn Bowden certainly saved our butts this year. An amazing athlete for sure. It took him a couple games to get it figured out but he salvaged a 7-5 season for us when it didn’t look possible.

Been watching a long time. Here's my answer......your coaching staff lost that game against us. All you had to do was put a RB in the QB position, run the wildcat and we couldn't have stopped you with an instruction manual.......

Secondly: RE: UGA win then fell off the Earth. People here are quick to point to Muschamp but no....no that's not correct. History has shown repeatedly, no matter the coach, no matter the year and no matter the record......when you absolutely know S. Carolina should not win a game.....they likely will. It's how they keep us hooked. When you think there is no way S. Carolina will lose a game....they likely will.

Is his seat warm? I'm sharpening the tips on my pitchfork as I type this......

Reactions: Brace1
I can’t help but ask “ What Happened”?

will-muschamp-comments.png

Reactions: 75CarolinaFan
I gotta admit I’ve got anterior motives for wanting you guys to be better. With your game at the end of every season with Clemson. It would help the SEC for you guys to occasionally send them home with a lose . Besides I think it’s better for our conference for some of the other teams get a game in Atlanta every now and then. Ky, Vandy,USC, and the Miss. schools need their shot at glory.

I think Hilinski has been playing with more of an injury than what was reported. He was cleared to play by the medical staff but he was probably dealing with a pain issue. Enough pain to certainly affect his play, which hurt his confidence. He put up decent stats this season but we had very few explosive plays and zero vertical threat. It's pretty easy to call a defense against a team with a pocket passer that rarely throws the ball 10 yards beyond the line of scrimmage.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT