ADVERTISEMENT

Honest,unpolitical, Covid question needing answer

CCUIrmo

Jul 15, 2010
My wife and I just tested positive this morning. I am vaccinated and she is not. I feel fine other than slight headache and she is bad body aches and congestion.
anyway, our youngest daughter tested negative so now she is flying somewhat solo so that neither of us give it to her. She is only 9 so she can make her meals and all as long as they are easy.
My question is, if I am vaccinated, when can I be around her as normal to help her with things and stuff? I can’t seem to find real answers anywhere. It has some say if no fever or symptoms then it’s fine. Something else said 10 days. Any body KNOW when I am free to be around her without her being to exposed.

My wife and I just tested positive this morning. I am vaccinated and she is not. I feel fine other than slight headache and she is bad body aches and congestion.
anyway, our youngest daughter tested negative so now she is flying somewhat solo so that neither of us give it to her. She is only 9 so she can make her meals and all as long as they are easy.
My question is, if I am vaccinated, when can I be around her as normal to help her with things and stuff? I can’t seem to find real answers anywhere. It has some say if no fever or symptoms then it’s fine. Something else said 10 days. Any body KNOW when I am free to be around her without her being to exposed.
Friend of mine had similar situation. His doctor recommended 10 day quarantine which was followed.

I heard that if you’re vaccinated then the quarantine period was reduced to 5 days (because your body rids the body of infection more efficiently). Though I would double check that - we get more info on a daily basis that changes our understanding of how it all works.

Just act normal. Don't hug and kiss or share drinks, foods, etc.... I wouldn't sit at the table together and hold hands saying a prayer, but otherwise just go on about life.

Reactions: GMClemson33
It's 10 days quarantine for both vaccinated and unvaccinated where I work (a med center). The only difference is you don't need to get tested again if you're vaccinated.

You might want to wear a mask around your baby. That's a reasonable precaution.

If you are shedding, almost certain she can get infected if the conditions are right.

Keep and eye on your wife. Those oxygen levels can nose dive in some people.

If she's been to school or around friends for any length, there's a very good chance she has already been exposed many times over to COVID and has the lasting, broad-spectrum antibodies. (ideal) It's an easy test if you wanted to go that route. However, the antibodies eventually slide to marrow over time which makes it more difficult to test for.

To spite the marketing efforts, kids have virtually no chance of having any COVID complications unless they have some serious medical predisposition. (e.g. Leukemia, etc). A very large John's Hopkins study which spanned almost a year reported literally zero deaths for kids under the age of 12 without serious medical issues. Below is the current SC stats for additional confirmation of that fact. Kids are more at risk from the FLU than COVID.

https://scdhec.gov/sites/default/files/media/image/COVID19-Reported-Deaths-by-Race-11.14.2021.png

Reactions: Captain Weegie
After 24 hrs fever-free. Our daughter had it and we did not. That's what her pediatrician told us. She is in the Governor's School in Greenville. That was also their requirement for her to return to school.

If she's been to school or around friends for any length, there's a very good chance she has already been exposed many times over to COVID and has the lasting, broad-spectrum antibodies. (ideal) It's an easy test if you wanted to go that route. However, the antibodies eventually slide to marrow over time which makes it more difficult to test for.

To spite the marketing efforts, kids have virtually no chance of having any COVID complications unless they have some serious medical predisposition. (e.g. Leukemia, etc). A very large John's Hopkins study which spanned almost a year reported literally zero deaths for kids under the age of 12 without serious medical issues. Below is the current SC stats for additional confirmation of that fact. Kids are more at risk from the FLU than COVID.

https://scdhec.gov/sites/default/files/media/image/COVID19-Reported-Deaths-by-Race-11.14.2021.png
They may not have long lasting complications. But my daughter would say the symptoms are less than desirable. She felt awful.

They may not have long lasting complications. But my daughter would say the symptoms are less than desirable. She felt awful.

For some, it can be like a bad flu. However, the idea that anyone is going to avoid COVID altogether is likely a pipe dream. Especially kids.

At the end of last year (2020), there was a study in Nature which estimated that over a third of the population had already been exposed to COVID.

This year, the Delta variant has been far more contagious and the lockdowns were also lifted so the estimates that 85+% of the population has already been exposed aligns, especially when you consider the exponentials of infection.

Even the Deer:
https://scitechdaily.com/over-80-of...rvoir-for-the-virus-to-continually-circulate/

Reactions: WingchunCock
For some, it can be like a bad flu. However, the idea that anyone is going to avoid COVID altogether is likely a pipe dream. Especially kids.

At the end of last year (2020), there was a study in Nature which estimated that over a third of the population had already been exposed to COVID.

This year, the Delta variant has been far more contagious and the lockdowns were also lifted so the estimates that 85+% of the population has already been exposed aligns, especially when you consider the exponentials of infection.

Even the Deer:
https://scitechdaily.com/over-80-of...rvoir-for-the-virus-to-continually-circulate/
My wife and I have completely avoided it to this point. And we were both exposed to our daughter for a day before her positive test. I drove her to the pediatrician with no mask because she had a false positive the day before. We haven't really changed the way we live. I've been to a Braves game. We went to a concert together. We've been to the beach several times and ate out most meals. Of course I could still get it. But I'm feeling pretty good about my chances. I do work from home. But the wife teaches twice a week and sees probably 120 students each day.

fluvoxamine is $4 and shown in many tests to greatly reduce the symptoms of covid. Best of all it is a 30 year tried and true medicine with virtually no side effects.

Reactions: TheReelEss
My wife and I have completely avoided it to this point. And we were both exposed to our daughter for a day before her positive test. I drove her to the pediatrician with no mask because she had a false positive the day before. We haven't really changed the way we live. I've been to a Braves game. We went to a concert together. We've been to the beach several times and ate out most meals. Of course I could still get it. But I'm feeling pretty good about my chances. I do work from home. But the wife teaches twice a week and sees probably 120 students each day.

Have you tested for the antibodies? The majority of people don't even know they've had it.

I gave blood with a friend a few weeks ago and both of us tested positive for the natural antibodies. Had no clue and neither of us been sick in several years beyond maybe a cold. The RN who drew the blood confirmed that most people have no idea they've been exposed and possess the antibodies. This is one of the reasons why you're seeing alot of true experts in the field scratching their head about natural immunity and the lack of testing. It's also one question Fauci continues to struggles with when he's in front of Congress.

Last edited:

I am not sure anyone outside a doctor can answer your question.

I do know my healthcare customers, when taking care of a COVID + individual, will require caregivers to wear an N-95 respirator (or KN-95 if they don't have an N-95), and wear gloves and of course wash hands before and immediately after being close to the + individual.

I know the last time a family member in my house had the flu, we had them sleep in their own room and use 1 bathroom and no one else used it for 7 days. When cleaning their room and bathroom during the week, my wife would spray down all surfaces, including the tv remote. The dishes would immediately be rinsed off and put in the dishwasher.

I'd be as careful as possible, avoid proximity as much as possible, sleep in different rooms, etc.

Have you tested for the antibodies? The majority of people don't even know they've had it.

I gave blood with a friend a few weeks ago and both of us tested positive for the natural antibodies. Had no clue and neither of us been sick in several years beyond maybe a cold. The RN who drew the blood confirmed that most people have no idea they've been exposed and possess the antibodies. This is one of the reasons why you're seeing alot of true experts in the field scratching their head about natural immunity and the lack of testing. It's one question Fauci continues to struggles with when he's in front of Congress.
No, we haven't been tested for antibodies. We're both vaccinated. The wife has her booster because she's in a school. I'll get mine soon. I do eat pretty healthy and I exercise some way almost every day. Aside from that we take vitamin D3 once a day. I also cut way back on drinking a while back. IDK what affect, if any, that might have on resistance.

Now that I think of it, it's been quite a while since I've been sick in any way. Again, I work from home. But I don't wear a mask in public unless I absolutely have to.

Reactions: PaleoCock
I am not sure anyone outside a doctor can answer your question.

I do know my healthcare customers, when taking care of a COVID + individual, will require caregivers to wear an N-95 respirator (or KN-95 if they don't have an N-95), and wear gloves and of course wash hands before and immediately after being close to the + individual.

I know the last time a family member in my house had the flu, we had them sleep in their own room and use 1 bathroom and no one else used it for 7 days. When cleaning their room and bathroom during the week, my wife would spray down all surfaces, including the tv remote. The dishes would immediately be rinsed off and put in the dishwasher.

I'd be as careful as possible, avoid proximity as much as possible, sleep in different rooms, etc.
We took all these precautions when my daughter had it. We set up a TV outside her room and moved two chairs in there so we could watch X-Files and at least feel closer. She and I were almost finished rewatching the series. But after about 5 days we started to get the feeling we were in the clear.

dont know about the quarantine part but you and es[ecially your wife should be taking vitamin d3 and zinc

dont know about the quarantine part but you and es[ecially your wife should be taking vitamin d3 and zinc
Got that covered. I am feeling perfectly fine other than slight stuffy nose. She has massive headache and can’t smell and real congested. I guess shows vaccine helps since I was vaccinated and she was not. At least that’s how it appears. I was able to workout in garage for an hour this morning with no problem so at moment it’s not slowing me down.

Reactions: 01fatboy
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT