ADVERTISEMENT

Hopefully recruits will view this as an opportunity for playing time. We need a

We've used that pitch for years, but it won't be able to attract appreciable numbers of the kind of people we need. We have to upset some people and kick the butts of some other people we are better than.

Last edited:
Reactions: ddw1263
True, I agree! If we get many of the talented players we want, they are guaranteed to play and build an SEC contender. I'm sure the coaches will be talking to them tomorrow.

We've used that pitch for years, but it won't be able to attract appreciable numbers of the kind of people we need. We have to upset some people and kick the butts of some other people we are better than
Agreed. Recruits want to play for teams that are going to play in a lot of big games and win. Playing on a bad team isn't enough anymore. Scouts are at the high profile games (like today) and recruits know that.

I think the best schools counter that by selling reduced reps ( great for backs), high profile games, practicing against great players therefore preparing you for the league, and of course winning!

So, should we just give up, the h with SC and talk down or talk up. Georgia has talent, correct! Now, what should we do (coaches) Ray Tanner, President? Your back yard is laughing at us. They been their, so have others. Damn the so called chicken curse. That's what our opponents want SC to do.Be a 4 ,5 or 6 win team, rather than keep fighting. The fights cock (chicken) fights to the death. So, we got tired, out matched, now what, you still got play football. Dreams do come true with hard work. I'm pissed too. So, do want to give up and choose another college team? If so, hell you are not a true Gamecock, but a damn phony! When these young fellows loose, you don't support them, a lot of ya cry. Talk the players up, people. Support.

Reactions: Good (2B) Dawg
I think the best schools counter that by selling reduced reps ( great for backs), high profile games, practicing against great players therefore preparing you for the league, and of course winning!
Yep. The days of a guy like Big George coming to play on a crap team are over. Now the Big George's don't mind sharing carries with 4 other Big George's and competing in practice week in and week out.

Reactions: Judson1
Hate to break it to some of you guys but there are top 5 teams....teams that are in that top 20 range....other teams in that 20 to 40 range and then there is the rest and who really cares....
It's been that way for a while and it will continue to be.
It's hard to break from on group to another but we are better and more talented, and have a good class in the works. If the ONLY way you'll see us as a success is if we are beating UGA and Clemson then for the time being you are just going to continue to live in misery.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT