ADVERTISEMENT

Horrendous Officiating in our WBB game. Absurd offensive foul calls**

it was terrible.

They called a charge on Wilson where the UK player was clearly inside the restricted arc which meant - by rule- it was a blocking foul. I had it on the DVR. It was obvious. The tv announcers saw it too.

Just a bad call.

it was terrible.

They called a charge on Wilson where the UK player was clearly inside the restricted arc which meant - by rule- it was a blocking foul. I had it on the DVR. It was obvious. The tv announcers saw it too.

Just a bad call.
Something has to be done. Even, Paul the announcer let it slip buy started to say kensucky was getting the calls.

Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky
Kentucky has no size and thus no shot blocking. So on their defense rotations they attempt to take the charge rather than contest the shot. It takes a certain amount of guts to attempt to take as many charges as Kentucky does, but it leads to unsafe play. Conference officials need to be aware and watch UK closely. If they get the charge, that's fine. But they were getting the benefit of the doubt way too much tonight.

Kentucky has no size and thus no shot blocking. So on their defense rotations they attempt to take the charge rather than contest the shot. It takes a certain amount of guts to attempt to take as many charges as Kentucky does, but it leads to unsafe play. Conference officials need to be aware and watch UK closely. If they get the charge, that's fine. But they were getting the benefit of the doubt way too much tonight.
They are definitely close to perfecting the flop....they flopped all over the CLA tonight and those officials bought a ton of it.

I was there & some of the calls were terrible. Dawn ventured way on the court once disputing a call & I thought for sure she'd get a tech but she didn't. I don't like getting on refs to hard but tonight a few of their whistles were very questionable. Almost like Matthew Mitchell paid the refs off to keep it close. I'm kidding but some of the calls were horrendous guys. Glad we got the win.

Reactions: nikolas22
This flopping is BS
It's not really flopping when you wait for a player to go up, then jump underneath and set your feet. The player has no where to come down so they get landed on. I guess it looks like a charge if you don't really know what a charge is or what those two circles are for under the basket.

If they can review whether a shot was a 3-pointer, they can review whether a player had a foot inside the "restricted" area or not. What's the point of having the dang line if the refs can just blow 3 out of 4 calls. Ridiculous... almost as ridiculous as a technical for giving someone the stinkeye. It didn't look like Wilson even said anything to the girl... after she got hacked for the 77th time.

Reactions: gamecockblack
Need to start coming down with a few sharp elbows.

Reactions: gamecockblack
it was terrible.

Just a bad call.

There are two arcs, the white one further out is for the men and the garnet one is for the women. After the TV crew reviewed the charges against us, it looked like they were good calls. What I have an issue is that if the person with the ball is moving forward, it should be a foul on the defensive player who gets in front at the last second. If that ruling is already on the books, then then charging calls were wrong.

It's not really flopping when you wait for a player to go up, then jump underneath and set your feet. The player has no where to come down so they get landed on. I guess it looks like a charge if you don't really know what a charge is or what those two circles are for under the basket.

If they can review whether a shot was a 3-pointer, they can review whether a player had a foot inside the "restricted" area or not. What's the point of having the dang line if the refs can just blow 3 out of 4 calls. Ridiculous... almost as ridiculous as a technical for giving someone the stinkeye. It didn't look like Wilson even said anything to the girl... after she got hacked for the 77th time.

I agree it's not flopping. Again, I'll give credit to the UK players for being tough cookies; attempting to take a charge is not for the timid. But it can be a dangerous play, especially if the officials allow them to get away with not being set.

Much ado about nothing. Fan bases have no reality when talking about refs. I am sure you could talk to fans from the other team and they have their own list of horrendous calls against their team.

Much ado about nothing. Fan bases have no reality when talking about refs. I am sure you could talk to fans from the other team and they have their own list of horrendous calls against their team.
You really must not have watched the game. True that we only had 17 fouls called against us (they had 31), but of those, 5 were charging and one was a T for stinkeye. If you watched the game you would see that on three of those charges, the KY player was clearly inside the restricted area - where charges cannot be called. We got the ball inside and they didn't, which is part of the disparity. We also struggle from the free throw line. So why let our ladies just make a shot? Make them earn it.

Last edited:
It was a rough game. The players hit the floor hard several times. I was behind the K bench and couldn't get a good look at the T on Wilson, but I saw the replay today and she did not earn that call unless whatever she said was really obscene. It looked like one or two words though. Agree those refs don't need to be there on Monday!!

Reactions: nikolas22
It was a rough game. The players hit the floor hard several times. I was behind the K bench and couldn't get a good look at the T on Wilson, but I saw the replay today and she did not earn that call unless whatever she said was really obscene. It looked like one or two words though. Agree those refs don't need to be there on Monday!!
Were the two words "F you!"?

I may be wrong but I doubt that SEC refs will be calling the game against UCONN on Monday.

it was terrible.

Just a bad call.
That was her fourth foul, and it should've been an and-1 opportunity. Also, that came right after the ridiculous technical. They put 2 fouls on Aja and got her out of the game.

We basically played the 4th quarter without our two best girls. Thank goodness for pissed-off Alaina.

You really must not have watched the game. True that we only had 17 fouls called against us (they had 31), but of those, 5 were charging and one was a T for stinkeye. If you watched the game you would see that on three of those charges, the KY player was clearly inside the restricted area - where charges cannot be called. We got the ball inside and they didn't, which is part of the disparity. We also struggle from the free throw line. So why let our ladies just make a shot? Make them earn it.
This. Was at Red Robin for lunch yesterday, and they had the replay on. It was unbelievable how bad it was. The refs clearly didn't know the restricted space rule, and like you said, they T'ed Aja up for stinkeye. When the refs explained the reason for the technical to Dawn, she went off on the refs.

I may be wrong but I doubt that SEC refs will be calling the game against UCONN on Monday.
Hard to believe Big East refs could be worse... UCONN is in the Big East right? (I really only pay attention to SEC).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT