ADVERTISEMENT

How will we spend our $43 million?

JackBeanstalkSMALL-800x530.png

Reactions: Horseshoe 04
Knowing our athletic department, we will wait until the MegaMillions pay out is around $25 million and spend all $43 million on lottery tickets.
Or, we can revisit where we were 20 years ago and spend $43 million to get the surviving members of The Swingin' Medallions to compose and record some Gamecock-themed beach/shag music.

Pedestrian bridge from Gamecock Park over Bluff Rd to the stadium

And one over George Rogers from the fairground.... or tunnels.
It would vastly improve traffic flow, decrease the need for police, and increase safety.
Been saying that for years.... deaf ears.

That pretty much covers the entire cost of the FB operations building, doesn't it?? I know it was budgeted at $50 million but word keeps saying that we came in a bit under budget. Pretty nice, for just one year's worth of SEC money - I know it's mostly already accounted for but still.....

Also, after the video of the just-completed FB Ops Bldg. came out a couple weeks ago, I've seen another video of facilities for the MBB program recently, and the MBB team walking through it and checking it out. It showed some lockers and a video viewing/team meeting room, but didn't exactly say what it was facilities of. Has anyone seen it??

Knowing our athletic department, we will wait until the MegaMillions pay out is around $25 million and spend all $43 million on lottery tickets.
Or, we can revisit where we were 20 years ago and spend $43 million to get the surviving members of The Swingin' Medallions to compose and record some Gamecock-themed beach/shag music.
You forgot consultation fee for Pauline Hyman to assist with beach music

Reactions: 67gamecock
Also, after the video of the just-completed FB Ops Bldg. came out a couple weeks ago, I've seen another video of facilities for the MBB program recently, and the MBB team walking through it and checking it out. It showed some lockers and a video viewing/team meeting room, but didn't exactly say what it was facilities of. Has anyone seen it??
They remodeled the locker room in the Carolina Coliseum. Hopefully it's just temporary until we raise enough money to build a state of the art basketball ops building for our basketball programs.

I thought sec money was going to solve everything and we would be light yrs ahead of Clemson. Money has helped us to the middle of the SEC in football and barely able to see Clemson’s tail lights.
They outspent is in football by $5 million the last time it was printed back in 2016 I believe.

They remodeled the locker room in the Carolina Coliseum. Hopefully it's just temporary until we raise enough money to build a state of the art basketball ops building for our basketball programs.

Yes, and hopefully, it will be on the site of the current USC Facilities Management property across the street from the CLA.

-Money towards the new UofSC marketing.
-Starting a women's bass fishing team.
-bag man for women basketball.

Do whatever Clemson is doing. Also, make the Spring Game an event! Hire a band(hint Hootie), give away drawings for season tickets at the end of each quarter & at the end of the game(maybe people wouldn`t leave). Can we not afford that? Something tells me we can. Do the autograph thing like Clemson does - they can sign anything, get pictures taken with HC(I think). Their emphasis on "family" is paying off big time. So what if it takes half a day to sign stuff. They manage to do it. All of our signings are 90 minutes - not enough time. Put most of it into facilities(gotta keep moving or will fall behind even with new OPS building). Hire more "advisors," i.e. recruiters. Again, whatever Clemson is doing, we should be doing it too. Shouldn`t be that hard to figure out - just ask Belk, other guys who visited there.

Do whatever Clemson is doing. Also, make the Spring Game an event! Hire a band(hint Hootie), give away drawings for season tickets at the end of each quarter & at the end of the game(maybe people wouldn`t leave). Can we not afford that? Something tells me we can. Do the autograph thing like Clemson does - they can sign anything, get pictures taken with HC(I think). Their emphasis on "family" is paying off big time. So what if it takes half a day to sign stuff. They manage to do it. All of our signings are 90 minutes - not enough time. Put most of it into facilities(gotta keep moving or will fall behind even with new OPS building). Hire more "advisors," i.e. recruiters. Again, whatever Clemson is doing, we should be doing it too. Shouldn`t be that hard to figure out - just ask Belk, other guys who visited there.
I have a picture from the 80's of me and Sharpe after the Spring game. I no longer attend since its not the same. Last one I went to they tried to force all of us in a few sections on the home side and the yellow people wouldnt let us in. I literally got in the equivalent of the 3rd qtr and then SOS ended the game early. I was beyond pissed.

So, the Big 10 has moved past us in revenue distribution for the current year? Is that what I'm reading? Maybe the SEC needs to hook up with Fox Sports.

I thought sec money was going to solve everything and we would be light yrs ahead of Clemson. Money has helped us to the middle of the SEC in football and barely able to see Clemson’s tail lights.

I remember all of those posts and knew it wouldn't matter. Clemson gets way more bang for their buck, if you know what I mean.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT