ADVERTISEMENT

Hypothetical Muschamp ?

olpolecat

Sep 24, 2019
If Muschamp pulls off a W against Clemson, that would give us 2 top-5 wins with wins against 2 of the 3 hardest games on our schedule. Would you then want him to stay?

I'm not sure if you saw, but we just lost to App State. Maybe we can stop with the idea of beating Clemson. Having said that, I can live with the idea of giving him one more year, considering the injuries. But looking at next year's schedule, if he can't get back to 7 wins at the absolute minimum, it's time to make a change.

Reactions: gamecockballfan
If Muschamp pulls off a W against Clemson, that would give us 2 top-5 wins with wins against 2 of the 3 hardest games on our schedule. Would you then want him to stay?
It would honestly make him look worse. A team capable of that shouldn't also lose to App State. Long term success cant happen without consistency. Muschamp would be better thought of today with wins over App State and maybe Tennessee and a loss to Georgia. The Georgia win means nothing at this point.

I'm not sure if you saw, but we just lost to App State. Maybe we can stop with the idea of beating Clemson. Having said that, I can live with the idea of giving him one more year, considering the injuries. But looking at next year's schedule, if he can't get back to 7 wins at the absolute minimum, it's time to make a change.

Oh, I saw. But that was why I wanted to ask the question with all games considered. IMO, like someone else said, consistency is key and without any form of it there won't be long term success. I vote no to my question.

The Troll is strong with you olpolecat.
cat-plays-ipad-dancing-trolls-trollface-meme-lolcat-funny.gif

The huge number of injuries are a Muschamp tradition at this point. We can't give him a break due to injuries because after 8 years as a head coach it is clear that something about his methodology is to blame for the abnormal number of injuries every season. He will probably be back next year, and we will have a ton of guys getting hurt again next year.

Only if I win the Publishers Clearinghouse Sweepstakes and the Mega millions S.C. Ed lottery this month. Then I’m all in!

When I read one of these “what if” comments, I bail out without reading anything else.

Reactions: olpolecat
Beating UGA & Clemson, while losing to UNC, UT, Missouri & App State in the same year is Twilight Zone material. Would be great to spoil CU's season.

However IMO, it would be indication that the coaching staff isn't capable of motivating the team consistently on a week-to-week basis. Muschamp looked like he was sleep walking last weekend. Same at UT. Same at Missouri.

Reactions: olpolecat
Beating clemson would be hilarious and fun to ruin their season, but we would still look back at a season where too many times our team looked unprepared, unmotivated, and poorly coached. The more likely scenario is clemson decides how many points they want to beat us by, and then does it by the end of the 3rd quarter. We'll put up a couple of points in garbage time and our coach will call it progress or some shit.

Beating clemson would be hilarious and fun to ruin their season, but we would still look back at a season where too many times our team looked unprepared, unmotivated, and poorly coached. The more likely scenario is clemson decides how many points they want to beat us by, and then does it by the end of the 3rd quarter. We'll put up a couple of points in garbage time and our coach will call it progress or some shit.

Oh you can bet he will come out and tell you all the things they did and didn't do.....The guy can talk X's and O's with the best of them....His problem is he can't translate that to anything on the field....

Last edited:
Reactions: agantt

No. You're not one of those that I posted about in another thread, that attacks those who want Tanner and Muschamp gone even if they win one game. Are you?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT