ADVERTISEMENT

Hypothetical: What if next year

Legendary Cock

Aug 6, 2014
Colorado
Muschamp only wins 3 or 4 games? Does the schedule excuse that? And do we stand by the 5 year minimum unwritten rule we seem so wedded to?

TBH, I don't expect us to only win that many games. But if we did, I would seriously love to know what people think could/should happen. This is Muschamp's 4th year coming up, and he still hasn't beaten anyone be wasn't supposed to. If this is all he produces in Year 4, do we cut bait?

Muschamp only wins 3 or 4 games? Does the schedule excuse that? And do we stand by the 5 year minimum unwritten rule we seem so wedded to?

TBH, I don't expect us to only win that many games. But if we did, I would seriously love to know what people think could/should happen. This is Muschamp's 4th year coming up, and he still hasn't beaten anyone be wasn't supposed to. If this is all he produces in Year 4, do we cut bait?
at this point, does anybody really give a shit?

happy new year

go cocks!

Our fanbase has already delivered him a built in excuse...our schedule. Freaking beat up wussies. Man up. If we only win 3 then his tail needs to be gone. The only team in the East that underachieves more than we do is TN but even Pruitt beat a better team in his first year than Champ did. We have the worst coach in the East at this time. Its not even debatable if you look at recruiting rankings and tenure. If a team has a good coach and equal talent its a L. Its that simple.

Can't use the schedule next year as a prop he knew the schedule when he took the job. We are heading in the right direction but Muschamp has to read the road signs and know when he has to make a change to stay in that direction by swallowing some pride.

Last edited:
Reactions: Legendary Cock
I think 3-9 gets the conversation started. But it would take worse than that for a change to be made.

gotta be competitive in every game and play another QB if bentley returns...otherwise, less than 7 wins in year four is grounds for dismissal...and two of those wins must consist of UK and Tam along with a top 25 win

Conversation started? If 3-9 isn't bad enough to send Muschamp packing, somebody needs to back a moving truck up to Tanner's house.

I agree. I just don’t see it happening. We’ll always have an excuse. Muschamp teams seem to. More injuries, brutal schedule, etc etc...hopefully we don’t go 3-9, but I can hear it now if we do.

Reactions: 67gamecock
I agree. I just don’t see it happening. We’ll always have an excuse. Muschamp teams seem to. More injuries, brutal schedule, etc etc...hopefully we don’t go 3-9, but I can hear it now if we do.
Unfortunately, you may be right. That kind of sums up why I started this thread. There are so many excuse makers in our fanbase that poor performances are overlooked. They act like they're above the fray and pat each other on the back for supporting mediocrity by continuously giving money. Yet they can't/won't see that by doing that, they are perpetuating the problem here. The ONLY voice we fans have is our wallets. When they/we keep emptying said wallets no matter what, we are giving the administration ZERO reason to do anything different.

gotta be competitive in every game and play another QB if bentley returns...otherwise, less than 7 wins in year four is grounds for dismissal...and two of those wins must consist of UK and Tam along with a top 25 win

I can't see beating Texas A&M next year. Sorry just don't see it.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2

I can't see beating Texas A&M next year. Sorry just don't see it.
If we go 3-9 next year with a senior qb, Champ should be rode out of town on a rail.

Anything less than .500 and he needs to go but he won’t . The Only and I mean ONLY way he will go is if that stadium is 50% full and no money is coming in . We talk a big game but we will still buy gear and tickets regardless so why should there be a change . We as a fanbase are like an old toothless yard dog , we bark and growl but we have no bite . When UT tried to trot out Greg Shiano as HC y’all saw the backlash . Would never happen here . No matter what he will be here two more years .

If we go 3-9 next year with a senior qb, Champ should be rode out of town on a rail.

I hope like heck we are not 3-9 in 2019, but I bet you Champ WOULD NOT be shown the door. We would crash FGF, melt the lines to 107.5 and us voodoo dolls on Ray, but Champ will roll out as coach in 2020.

Why am I sure of this? Apathy associated with football - happy to just be in the SEC.

I hope like heck we are not 3-9 in 2019, but I bet you Champ WOULD NOT be shown the door. We would crash FGF, melt the lines to 107.5 and us voodoo dolls on Ray, but Champ will roll out as coach in 2020.

Why am I sure of this? Apathy associated with football - happy to just be in the SEC.
Nobody is buying out what will be about a $24 million contract even if next year goes South.

Nobody is buying out what will be about a $24 million contract even if next year goes South.

Yeah, that's the other reason and when does that buyout start to decrease?

I like our young coordinators, but that level of inexperience on each side the ball creates ups and downs. Just no defensive or offensive identities.

Any excuse will do. He's safe for at least two more years if he doesn't win another game.

I like our young coordinators, but that level of inexperience on each side the ball creates ups and downs. Just no defensive or offensive identities.
Each year the buyout decreases but Ray keeps extending his contract so the buyout stays the same with extensions or goes up.

The first game of the year is huge. I wouldn't dismiss UNC. They have like 19 starters back and about all their losses were by a td or less. If we drop that one look for a 2-3 win season.

Our fanbase has already delivered him a built in excuse...our schedule. Freaking beat up wussies. Man up. If we only win 3 then his tail needs to be gone. The only team in the East that underachieves more than we do is TN but even Pruitt beat a better team in his first year than Champ did. We have the worst coach in the East at this time. Its not even debatable if you look at recruiting rankings and tenure. If a team has a good coach and equal talent its a L. Its that simple.
Yep. If all things are equal muschamp more times than not gets out coached

We have legit defensive coordinator as head coach and two position coaches as coordinators

concur on the schedule comment. Time to man up. Tired of excuses....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT