ADVERTISEMENT

I’m ignorant. Remind me again why Miss State fans

mavcock

Apr 20, 2002
Mauldin, SC
Can use cowbells in the stands. Hell, my Mauldin Mavericks couldn’t use them and we had a better reason than State. Cows and all.

What’s the difference in a cowbell and people screaming. I don’t see the big deal. Or the horn things like at the World Cup. Who cares.

Reactions: Bftboy
I do not make the rules. Just letting you know that I believe fans are not allowed artificial noise makers.
No rule in college football against fans having artificial noise makers or the school for that matter as long as it is consistent or agreed upon.

I don't have a problem with it. I think it kind of maintains some unique character to the conference, even if it is kind of dumb. It's no more annoying than playing Rocky Top 4200 times per game.

I agree, it's inconsistent with the "no artificial noise-makers" ban, however. I would say repeal the ban, but sure enough, you'd have 100,000 people show up in College Station or Tuscaloosa with whistles or air horns. Is a cowbell any louder than the noise from beating on the aluminum backrest on the bench in front of me? I used to do that all the time in the West lower at WB and that was really loud.

I think we should all start bringing Aztec death whistles to the games. If MSU can use cow bells, why not? That would liven things up at our home games, between shrieking zombies and rooster crows, it would be a helluva thing.

I agree. I believe the line in the sand is artificial noise makers.
Here you go......

"Artificial Noisemakers and Sound Systems (Team)U. [SEC Bylaw 30.22.1.5(d)] Except as otherwise provided in SEC Bylaw 30.22.1.5 and the Commissioner’s Regulations of each sport, artificial noisemakers, and sound systems brought to competition sites by participating teams and team personnel are restricted to the locker and training room areas only."

I saw nothing "otherwise provided" in the Commissioner's Regulations for football but it is also not clear to me if this rule pertains to fans as well. Who knows and who really cares???

Here you go......

"Artificial Noisemakers and Sound Systems (Team)U. [SEC Bylaw 30.22.1.5(d)] Except as otherwise provided in SEC Bylaw 30.22.1.5 and the Commissioner’s Regulations of each sport, artificial noisemakers, and sound systems brought to competition sites by participating teams and team personnel are restricted to the locker and training room areas only."

I saw nothing "otherwise provided" in the Commissioner's Regulations for football but it is also not clear to me if this rule pertains to fans as well. Who knows and who really cares???
Neither the sec bylaws or ncaa mention fans. They are only talking about the schools themselves.

A few years ago wasn't our rooster crow banned during SEC games?
That’s totally different situation. Apples to oranges. I will explain before people go ape crap. The sec bylaws mention the school making noise and piping noise it. The rooster crow would fall under the rules because the school controls it. Fan noise maker are different.

Are cowbells only allowed at MSU home games or can they take them on the road? I wonder how it would play out if opposing fans brought them in when they play against MSU and rang them non-stop when they had the ball.

Reactions: TAV31
I wish it still was. They play it waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much.
You know, I always thought this too. Then, an in-studio former SEC player started talking about the noise in W-B and remarked something like “they get that crowd going, Sandstorming & that Rooster ‘screeching’ 😂, it gets loud in there.” So, I like that it irritates the opposition.

Reactions: Legendary Cock
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT