ADVERTISEMENT

I believe that the UVA Bowl

You could be correct - kinda like when the school in the update loss to WVU

Yeah, Dabo fired Kevin Steels and waited no time to get a new DC...

Getting a running backs coach is a very good start...

Let's see who will be our Defensive Line Coach... Another key to our problem...

Choking again Florida was the last straw for me...

Take a closer look at the 7 wins this year, maybe one of the weakest wins in Carolina history...

Last edited:
Yeah, Dabo fired Kevin Steels and waited no time...

Getting a running backs coach is a very good start...

Let's see who will be our Defensive Line Coach... Another key to our problem...

Choking again Florida was the last straw for me...

Take a closer look at the 7 wins this year, maybe one of the weakest wins in Carolina history...

Yeah, that was harder to get over than the bowl for me. Very few wins down there and we choked a sure win.

Time for the coaches and players to decide if they want to be a factor in the SEC or just another also ran like our history dictates.[/QUOTE]

Clean slate to show how good we "should be". As a Coach I hope Will and crew, clean house of the players that do not want to be here(USC) and ask for 100% or go home/transfer of the players in the Spring.
We have to have better "focus" out of our players, or teams like App. State, Kentucky, Missouri and Vandy could embarrass us this coming year.
I am afraid this could be a "make or break season" for us.
We have a chance to wake up the nation early with a victory over Bama.
All things are possible if we believe!

Seeing Lance Thompson fall to FAU probably tells a big part of the story behind the Belk Bowl. Next trip to Charlotte has to be strong.

Seeing Lance Thompson fall to FAU probably tells a big part of the story behind the Belk Bowl. Next trip to Charlotte has to be strong.

Ok, you lost all creditability with your avatar...

7526.jpg

I thought Lance would be good for the program, but it just didn't pan out...

I will say this.... If you don't have a good running game, no one will play great on defense and we haven't seen a great running game in years since Coach Jay Graham left....

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/alabama-football/nick-saban-on-lance-thompson-leaving/

Reactions: Legendary Cock
I was always led to believe that teams would build on a bowl victory for the upcoming campaign.
So now we are going to turn this theory into reverse ?
Not reversing anything but but having 2 soon to be unemployeed staff members going into a bowl game is definately an issue. Most bowl teams are satisfied and I can't remember another team losing staff members that go down the ladder. Last year, the OC was fired before the bowl game and the new OC won the game. Just not a good situation for team moral going into the Belk Bowl especially around Christmas and if the players knew IMO. Coaches probably disgruntled.

This situation seems very complex because the decision to let the coaches go was known before the game, unlike Dabo's situation in 2011 when he fired Kevin Steele after the Orange Bowl because of the game performance.

Last edited:
I hope it woke up Muschamp. You've got to practice for your bowl game, I don't care who you're playing against. If you want them to get away from football and decompress give them a week off after the season. We are the ONLY team I heard needing to "get away from football". Alabama was going to start this Friday for next year. They took a week off after the NC as it should be.

Reactions: A_F_Deerhunter
I hope it woke up Muschamp. You've got to practice for your bowl game, I don't care who you're playing against. If you want them to get away from football and decompress give them a week off after the season. We are the ONLY team I heard needing to "get away from football". Alabama was going to start this Friday for next year. They took a week off after the NC as it should be.
Muschamp didn't take the Hoo's seriously is the bottom line anyone who argues differently wasn't there.

Pitiful when a bowl loss to a lined underdog is our "turning point".
Maybe it will be like Clemson"s Orange Bowl trouncing by West Virginia. Bad loss leading to new heights and future wins in the SEC gauntlet.

We will be criticized and neglected in the media until we do somethinng in a game to overcome the Virginia loss.

Not reversing anything but but having 2 soon to be unemployeed staff members going into a bowl game is definately an issue. Most bowl teams are satisfied and I can't remember another team losing staff members that go down the ladder. Last year, the OC was fired before the bowl game and the new OC won the game. Just not a good situation for team moral going into the Belk Bowl especially around Christmas and if the players knee IMO. Coaches probably disgruntled.

This situation seems very complex because the decision to let the coaches go was known before the game, unlike Dabo's situation in 2011 when he fired Kevin Steele after the Orange Bowl because of the game performance.

A good amount of teams heading into bowls are in transition due to members of the staff taking positions elsewhere. Some teams are even in the position of having to use interim HC's. Losing 28-0 to what was considered an inferior opponent due to 2 open staff positions in my opinion is asking a bit much to accept.

A good amount of teams heading into bowls are in transition due to members of the staff taking positions elsewhere. Some teams are even in the position of having to use interim HC's. Losing 28-0 to what was considered an inferior opponent due to 2 open staff positions in my opinion is asking a bit much to accept.

Yes but my point is most of those coaches are moving up. Our OC coached Georgia to a bowl win when he was moved up to interim head coach. I don't think many bowl teams that have coaches being fired that can't find a good job win their bowl game.

Another expample by Clemson is when they fired Billy Napier. He was on the staff going into the bowl game with a Skip Holtz coached USF and they lost. Dabo was changing 25 plays / game with the wrong protections and personel sets. I just don't see many wins or good performances coming out of that type of situation.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...clemson-coaches-dabo-swinney-and-billy-napier

Maybe it will be like Clemson"s Orange Bowl trouncing by West Virginia. Bad loss leading to new heights and future wins in the SEC gauntlet.

We will be criticized and neglected in the media until we do somethinng in a game to overcome the Virginia loss.
Didn't it take several more years for them to put Clemsoning to bed?

Don’t think Muschamp’s ego will admit he didn’t get the team ready...

Reactions: A_F_Deerhunter

Don’t think Muschamp’s ego will admit he didn’t get the team ready...

I hope our AD has the smarts to determine just WTF happened.

Maybe but since that loss, Clemson has not fired anymore assistants and other than Chad Morris moving up and defensive line coaches moving, staff has stayed together.

Woody McCorvey plays a big role with Dabo also. Dabo could not coach a lick but Clemson seems to have a system that can take an unknown, make him head coach, they win National Championships. The system with Dabo was modified and alot more expensive than the Ford model and FSU falling off the planet gives him no competition to win the ACC.

Just don't understand why Muschamp would need to be awoken? We've committed over 30 million to this guy. His head coaching record against any real competition is brutal. He has no problem rattling off statistics and alignments in his press conferences. Certainly he's aware of how inept he's been. Getting blanked by UVA is just another feather in his cap. Can't see any situation that we end up with a winning season next year. Maybe he'll have some great turnaround - but history isn't in our favor.

IMO, and I have always felt this way, is that the OC position is the key for Muschamp and whether he gets the job done here. His biggest mistake yet, by far, is the initial hiring of Kurt Roper. He replaced him with BMAC. BMAC is now the key.and so much is riding how good of a coordinator he will become. Minus the bowl game, he got better as the season progressed. At Carolina, you must coach well and scheme well.
With Roper we had an F.
With BMAC, right now, we have a C.
We need BMAC to become an A.
I will say it again, at the University of South Carolina, we must coach and scheme extremely well. We cannot win with coaches at the level of Ward, Art Wilkens, Burnham, or Roper.
I feel good about the defensive side. 14 injuries on one side of the ball was just too much to overcome. this past year. Muschamp is a relentless recruiter and will not be out worked. But to take our recruiting to a higher level, we gotta win more, and to win more, we gotta out coach some people, and we cannot do that with weak coordinators on either side of the ball.

Reactions: rogue cock
bama played like they didn't practice also.

You may be right, but I certainly couldn't tell that from my seat at the game. I'd bet that our players were pumped up from having played better at Clemson than expected. There is no 'good loss' in my book.
Well they quickly got over it. I don't fault the players they just play I was upset with not....well never mind.

You could be correct - kinda like when the school in the update loss to WVU

That's exactly what I was thinking. Regardless of what happens over the course of next season, I don't think the team will give that level of effort again in the bowl game. I feel bad for the players that were giving their all because it was embarrassing.

Been a long time since I've seen them look that bad under Saban.

Honestly though, have they ever looked that bad under Saban? Even in his first year in 2007 when they lost a bunch of games, it seems like all of them were really close. I think they lost a few games at the end of the game that year. I remember thinking before the 2008 season that they could be a contender in the SEC West if they managed to win those close games and somehow beat LSU.

I actually had a bet with my stepdad that year that they wouldn't lose more than 1 game in the regular season, but ultimately lose in the SEC Championship Game.

Maybe but since that loss, Clemson has not fired anymore assistants and other than Chad Morris moving up and defensive line coaches moving, staff has stayed together.

Woody McCorvey plays a big role with Dabo also. Dabo could not coach a lick but Clemson seems to have a system that can take an unknown, make him head coach, they win National Championships. The system with Dabo was modified and alot more expensive than the Ford model and FSU falling off the planet gives him no competition to win the ACC.

Woody is the key. That man is loved by Bama coaches and former players. Even Auburn coaches and players love that guy.

Woody is the key. That man is loved by Bama coaches and former players. Even Auburn coaches and players love that guy.
He is a key now and I think was an assistant on Ford's staff at Clemson too. They have a recipe for taking unknown coaches to high levels. Both that did it had a knack for getting great players to go play at Clemson in a mediocre football conference. They both got alot of mileage winning some key games over SEC competitors.

I thought our 5 game winning streak over Dabo would crush Clemson's football program but the opposite happend which was very surprising.

If you look back at the history of the rivalry with Clemson, it is shocking how even it was when we were in the same conference. Our 19 seasons in the ACC from 1953 through 1971, we won 9 games and Clemson had 10 wins. We won 2 ACC championships on the field and they won 5.

Another fact that is interesting is we just scored our 3rd highest point total in the rivalry game with Clemson and we should have scored 49. Our top is 56 points and we had 1 other game that scored 38 that is 2nd place. The 35 we scored this year is 3rd place against a National Championship winning team.

The most Spurrier put up on Clemson was 34.

Reactions: Tiger71
He is a key now and I think was an assistant on Ford's staff at Clemson too. They have a recipe for taking unknown coaches to high levels. Both that did it had a knack for getting great players to go play at Clemson in a mediocre football conference. They both got alot of mileage winning some key games over SEC competitors.

I thought our 5 game winning streak over Dabo would crush Clemson's football program but the opposite happend which was very surprising.

If you look back at the history of the rivalry with Clemson, it is shocking how even it was when we were in the same conference. Our 19 seasons in the ACC from 1953 through 1971, we won 9 games and Clemson had 10 wins. We won 2 ACC championships on the field and they won 5.

Another fact that is interesting is we just scored our 3rd highest point total in the rivalry game with Clemson and we should have scored 49. Our top is 56 points and we had 1 other game that scored 38 that is 2nd place. The 35 we scored this year is 3rd place against a National Championship winning team.

The most Spurrier put up on Clemson was 34.

Most Clemson fans do not know who Woody is. I can tell you Saban and the Bama staff loves Woody.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT