ADVERTISEMENT

I don't wanna say I told you so but, I TOLD YOU SO!!!

Southern Fried Chicken

Gold Member
Sep 6, 2022
I TOLD YOU SO! I TOLD YOU SO!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!

Three and a half years ago I told you that hiring Frank's BOY, was a big mistake. How many of You "Frank's BOY Supporters" are willing to truthfully admit you wanted to give Muschump another year or two? And I'll wager that is virtually the exact same number as who wanted to keep Frank Martin, as well.

.... As I was typing this diatribe, I noticed that I had a misspelled error when I initially typed "... another tear or two" Perhaps, even that, wasn't incorrect.

Well, let's just wait and see how this season plays out and wait until next year,,, and the year after that, and then the year after that and so on and so on & so on ...........

I TOLD YOU SO! I TOLD YOU SO!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!

Three and a half years ago I told you that hiring Frank's BOY, was a big mistake. How many of You "Frank's BOY Supporters" are willing to truthfully admit you wanted to give Muschump another year or two? And I'll wager that is virtually the exact same number as who wanted to keep Frank Martin, as well.

.... As I was typing this diatribe, I noticed that I had a misspelled error when I initially typed "... another tear or two" Perhaps, even that, wasn't incorrect.

Well, let's just wait and see how this season plays out and wait until next year,,, and the year after that, and then the year after that and so on and so on & so on ...........
Doesn’t matter who the football coach is and what the football record is we’re a women’s basketball powerhouse only.

Reactions: shelleyg1953
What gets me is this: We hired him because he was an elite recruiter, obviously not bc he was a great head coach or coordinator bc he never did those jobs. But now, we have folks excusing the poor performance by saying we are 10th in the SEC in recruiting so we shouldnt expect much and that it probably wont get better bc of NIL. Well then why did we hire him if recruiting isnt gonna be top half of SEC?

Also, hes worked for a LONG time as an assistant at some major places: Oklahoma, Georgia, Va Tech, Mississippi State. But none ever made him a DC or OC. Why?

If he had a track record as a HC somewhere else it would be easy to be patient bc we could trust it, like FSU did with Norvell. But we dont. Its like Ray told us jump in the plane fellas, we got pilots in training who are being trained by pilots in training!

What gets me is this: We hired him because he was an elite recruiter, obviously not bc he was a great head coach or coordinator bc he never did those jobs. But now, we have folks excusing the poor performance by saying we are 10th in the SEC in recruiting so we shouldnt expect much and that it probably wont get better bc of NIL. Well then why did we hire him if recruiting isnt gonna be top half of SEC?

Also, hes worked for a LONG time as an assistant at some major places: Oklahoma, Georgia, Va Tech, Mississippi State. But none ever made him a DC or OC. Why?

If he had a track record as a HC somewhere else it would be easy to be patient bc we could trust it, like FSU did with Norvell. But we dont. Its like Ray told us jump in the plane fellas, we got pilots in training who are being trained by pilots in training!

You're on the right track with recruiting. That's the main role of a head coach beyond staff hires.

Beamer doing pretty good so far in 2023 from a raw recruiting standpoint:
https://247sports.com/Season/2023-Football/CompositeTeamRankings/

We'll have to see how badly we get dinged by the NIL/Portal at the end of the year for balance.

FSU wasn't turned around by Norvell. They were turned around by money.

I don't think Norvell is a good comparison. He took over a complete sh!t show, and his trajectory has been nothing but up.

Reactions: bayrooster
I don't think Norvell is a good comparison. He took over a complete sh!t show, and his trajectory has been nothing but up.

It's Florida State- with a tradition as rich as any college football program over the past 35 years.
They won a national title only 10 years ago.

Turning around a tradition rich school like FSU - a school in Florida- is not like many jobs.

You're on the right track with recruiting.

Beamer doing pretty good so far in 2023 from a raw recruiting standpoint:
https://247sports.com/Season/2023-Football/CompositeTeamRankings/

I only want to remind you that most of us 'only know what we read in the newspapers.' And ALL of that hype, is nothing more than opinions ... written by guys who get paid ..... to get you jacked-up about "Kids" ... they've never even seen play ... oh! sure!, a hi-lite reel or two. Yeah, 5 Stars are easy ... 4-stars (everybody has an opinion and they all stink) .... 3 Stars??? (C'mon, whacha talkin'? Cream of the Crap???).

Reactions: Ward Jr
Why do you disparage our coach by referring to a grown man who has worked as a football coach for 23 years as "Frank's boy?"

What's the purpose of putting him down repeatedly in a childish way?

Actually, fair and valid questions.

Frank's boy got this job solely because of his father's name, not because of his own qualifications nor, his experience. Okay,I'll go with your 23 years as coach .... none, zilch, nada, zero, nil as a HC, OC, DC, Head OLC, Head DLC, Head backfield coach on either side of the ball. Wah? ... recruiting coordinator??? LOL! Didn't Steve's boy have that job here? Lou's boy too???

But, Why didn't any of these hall-o-fame coaches ever move him up?
None-O-Dem? In 23 years of coaching. None-0-Dem. Zilch, nada, none!

And what is the purpose of putting him down repeatedly in a childish way?

Because ... the entire hiring process was handled in a childish and sophomoric manner, from the ridiculous length of time it took, to the end result, and the multi-million dollars pay increase and contract extension. And I do so REPEATEDLY just to remind everyone that this is going to go on and on and on! Year after year, after ... well, I just didn't think we got $6 million dollars worth of Head Coaching this year nor, do I think we will get it next year either and probably not after that.

I only want to remind you that most of us 'only know what we read in the newspapers.' And ALL of that hype, is nothing more than opinions ... written by guys who get paid ..... to get you jacked-up about "Kids" ... they've never even seen play ... oh! sure!, a hi-lite reel or two. Yeah, 5 Stars are easy ... 4-stars (everybody has an opinion and they all stink) .... 3 Stars??? (C'mon, whacha talkin'? Cream of the Crap???).

In college football, 35-40 players typically see action in any given game. Hence, the Law of Averages is in full effect and the overall recruiting rank (vs. individual stats) is very germane to success on the field.

Last edited:
In college football, 35-40 players typically see action in any given game. Hence, the Law of Averages is in full effect and the overall recruiting rank (vs. individual stats) is very germane to success on the field.
And this game was "THE" exception because, _________________(fill in the blank)

1.) of Inept coaching?
2.) of Overrated recruiting rank?
3.) of Luck?
4.) Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then?
5.) All of the above

Well Beamer took over a crapshow also. And yes FSU has different standards. Turning around for them is contending for national championships. But for us, a turnaround is 8/9 wins. Which we had for 1 year, although it looks like with an assist from Michigan. But now we are spiraling and 2024 looks worse

And this game was "THE" exception because, _________________(fill in the blank)

1.) of Inept coaching?
2.) of Overrated recruiting rank?
3.) of Luck?
4.) Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then?
5.) All of the above

Ha. Our squirrel finds nuts in Williams-Brice. This is typically where we beat teams with better talent when it happens. Our only loss at home - UF - is the one that got away from us this year.

Last season, we had games at home and overcame talent deficits. Let's see what happens with Vandy and UK at WB over the next two weeks before we throw out the baby with the bathwater.

For perspective:

+ During Muschamp's tenure, we won a total of 6 SEC games on the road over five years. Three of those wins were at Vanderbilt.

+ Beamer has won 3 in 3 years. One at Vandy.

+ Spurrier did better on the road in his first 3 years. But he also didn't have to deal with teams buying our best talent. He also inexplicably lost a few games at home when we were favored.

+ Holtz was exactly like Muschamp and Beamer in terms of road vs. home wins.

Last edited:
Well Beamer took over a crapshow also. And yes FSU has different standards. Turning around for them is contending for national championships. But for us, a turnaround is 8/9 wins. Which we had for 1 year, although it looks like with an assist from Michigan. But now we are spiraling and 2024 looks worse

The difference between us and FSU is big collectives and donors.

They looked like crap over the past decade until the NIL kicked in.

And they took one of our top three players from last season because they could.

Reactions: Thirdcatgy
Folks would rather their opinion from 3 years ago be proven correct than Beamer be successful.
Not me. I wanted Chadwell and have laid out the obvious reasons why. But Id would MUCH rather Beamer win the SEC in 2024 and make me look like an absolute idiot. Id be overjoyed.

Most of us truly couldnt care less who the actual coach is if they WIN. We all just wanna see Gamecocks football winning big thats all.

Reactions: Sinjinn

Agreed. After last year, you might have been able to make the comparison. But FSU hasn't had the collapse that we are having.

That's a bit deeper than simply repeating NIL over and over.

When exactly have I done that? Just in this thread, I've talked about competition, road vs. home efficacy, law of averages in recruiting, etc.

Also, doesn't talent pool precede performance? If you've got the toughest schedule in the nation and have an average recruiting rank of 10th in the conference you play in, that might be relevant in terms of a record.

Frank's boy got this job solely because of his father's name, not because of his own qualifications nor, his experience.

He got the job because he was an extremely popular former assistant coach with a very strong reputation of organizing what had been a disjointed recruiting program before he took over, who was responsible for our best classes under Steve Spurrier and who had made known that South Carolina would be a dream job for him in the future.

Immediately, when he left, recruiting and communication with high school coaches being to suffer - which resulted in Spurrier quitting on a mess that was created when he assigned his son to run the recruiting effort after Shane - Spurrier, Jr- a coach who publicly admitting that he "hated" talking on the phone.

The stories that emerged after Shane left and Spurrier, Jr took over about high school coaches in South Carolina not being contacted or visited by South Carolina are too numerous to mention.

Okay, I'll go with your 23 years as coach .... none, zilch, nada, zero, nil as a HC, OC, DC, Head OLC, Head DLC, Head backfield coach on either side of the ball. Wah? ... recruiting coordinator??? LOL! Didn't Steve's boy have that job here? Lou's boy too???

But, Why didn't any of these hall-o-fame coaches ever move him up?
None-O-Dem? In 23 years of coaching. None-0-Dem. Zilch, nada, none!

And what is the purpose of putting him down repeatedly in a childish way?

Because ... the entire hiring process was handled in a childish and sophomoric manner

PJ Fleck was never a coordinator. Urban Meyer was never a coordinator. Dabo was never a coordinator. Jim Harbough was never a coordinator. Hugh Freeze didn't even play college football. Dick Sheridan never played college football. He was never a college coordinator.

Again, what is the purpose of putting him down repeatedly and making fun of him?

It's not his fault that he was hired for his dream job by someone- a job he wanted for years. He's probably one of about 3-4 coaches in the last 50 years that actually wanted to be the head coach at the University of South Carolina.

Even so, making fun of him makes you look like a bigger idiot than you are, for the reason of him accepting a job he wanted.

The difference between us and FSU is big collectives and donors.

They looked like crap over the past decade until the NIL kicked in.

And they took one of our top three players from last season because they could.
Our talent has always been spotty. The last thing we needed was bigger schools taking our best players. They've got to do something about the NIL in it's current format. Who thought this through? Schools need to make a stand at some point. It's sad.

Our talent has always been spotty. The last thing we needed was bigger schools taking our best players. They've got to do something about the NIL in it's current format. Who thought this through? Schools need to make a stand at some point. It's sad.
Well said. Seriously, it may come down to non-scholarship conferences or the equivalent of club sports.

"The NFL owns a day of the week. The same day the Church used to own. Now it's theirs." .... Dr. Cyril Wecht circa 2002.

"Saturday is next" ..... Southern Fried Chicken 11/6/2023

College Football died the first time they stopped a game for a commercial.

Bucs when are you going to ever stop with chadwell...we have heard a thousand times that he is the greatest of the great....please just stop!...I am sure is is waiting on saban to retire correct?

It's not the NIL as much as it is the transfer portal. If they tighten that up it makes it harder for teams to raid our players regardless of NIL. Also, there isn't a lot you can do about NIL at this point. It is a Supreme Court decision that made it what it is. Not likely you can get that reversed.

It's not the NIL as much as it is the transfer portal. If they tighten that up it makes it harder for teams to raid our players regardless of NIL. Also, there isn't a lot you can do about NIL at this point. It is a Supreme Court decision that made it what it is. Not likely you can get that reversed.

I think if you reinstitute the one year sit for when a kid transfers, a lot of this NIL mess will be cleaned up really fast.

Might not be the best solution, but I think it would make a huge dent quickly.

It's a combination but the NIL is the real poison. Some have 10x++ the NIL budget of other teams.

Take away the no-wait portal -- Most players are going to be willing to sit a year if they are going to receive hundreds of thousands, if not millions more from another school.

Let's say a Harbor or Sellers turn out out to be a stud. Now, we're faced with either trying to match what another school offers or forced to lose them like Bell and Lloyd.

Not to mention, the going rate for a Top D1 QB is probably going to be 60-80% of our total budget, if not more as this continues to evolve.

Top NIL schools don't necessary need to outbid us on an unproven, big name recruit. They can wait it out a year and see what happens at the college level before they throw their riches at him.

Reactions: GoCocksFight2021
Take away the no-wait portal -- Most players are going to be willing to sit a year if they are going to receive hundreds of thousands, if not millions more from another school.

I disagree. It helps the school they are at keep them at a lower price, rather than have to match offers.

I also bet the offers from other schools dwindle if they knew they would have to sit the kid. Not entirely by any shot, but iwould make a sizeable dent with little effort on the NCAA's part.

I disagree. It helps the school they are at keep them at a lower price, rather than have to match offers.

I also bet the offers from other schools dwindle if they knew they would have to sit the kid. Not entirely by any shot, but iwould make a sizeable dent with little effort on the NCAA's part.

How is that? You don't believe big schools are willing to wait a season to get a great player?

It's just a pipeline.

How is that? You don't believe big schools are willing to wait a season to get a great player?

It's just a pipeline.

Yes, I don't think they'd be willing to wait. For some players maybe, but not all by a long shot.

And teams with lesser budgets could offer less money, but the ability to actually play that year.

I think k you underestimate the detractor that sitting is to a player. I admit some will still take the money, I never did say it would fix all of it.

Yes, I don't think they'd be willing to wait. For some players maybe, but not all by a long shot.

And teams with lesser budgets could offer less money, but the ability to actually play that year.

I think k you underestimate the detractor that sitting is to a player. I admit some will still take the money, I never did say it would fix all of it.

They are willing to wait on sometimes 8-10th grade recruits but would pass or underbid on a proven college player because they have to wait a year?

They are willing to wait on sometimes 8-10th grade recruits but would pass or underbid on a proven college player because they have to wait a year?

Wait on 8-10th grade recruits? You mean by making an offer to a highschool kid?

I don't see that as equivalent at all to paying tons of cash to get a player to sit on your bench.

But if that's what you want to go with. Carry on.

Wait on 8-10th grade recruits? You mean by making an offer to a highschool kid?

I don't see that as equivalent at all to paying tons of cash to get a player to sit on your bench.

But if that's what you want to go with. Carry on.

Yes. And these kids who are now courted for years before they play will also be bidding targets and get early offers just like a player would at a school who can't afford them.

What would you rather have? A bigtime player in college you have to wait a year on or an unproven 8th grader you have to wait 5 years on?

Yes. And these kids who are now courted for years before they play will also be bidding targets and get early offers just like a player would at a school who can't afford them.

What would you rather have? A bigtime player in college you have to wait a year on or an unproven 8th grader you have to wait 5 years on?

There is no comparison. The 8th grader isn't playing for anyone, and every school gives out offers.

The question is if a player will take less money to play now, vs more money to go sit for a year.

There is no comparison. The 8th grader isn't playing for anyone, and every school gives out offers.

The question is if a player will take less money to play now, vs more money to go sit for a year.

And you believe great players won't sit a year to get the bigger pot and attention when they opt out of bowl games due to concern of potential injury?

And you believe great players won't sit a year to get the bigger pot and attention when they opt out of bowl games due to concern of potential injury?

I'll just repost this. I don't think you're really reading my posts anyway.

Have fun.

I'll just repost this. I don't think you're really reading my posts anyway.

Have fun.

I did read that. I think it would be a no-brainer for most players to sit if they were receiving $100K-1mil more to wait to play for another school. Look at Rattler for instance. Any NFL career is still a great unknown. He's making money while he can. If he had to wait a year to make that money, you don't believe he would?

Let's also keep in mind that the portal is currently no-wait and your argument has been that the NIL and portal situations are overblown and could possibly be of overall benefit to us.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT