ADVERTISEMENT

I have only one requirement for the next Gamecock Head Football Coach and I don't care who it is.

Jan 6, 2012
Do whatever it takes to secure Gunner Stockton as a Gamecock! Keeping Mike Bobo (family connection with his father) if needed and of course keeping Conner Shaw (his childhood idle at QB) either as Coach or in his former position should be a requirement for the next Head Coach. Gunner is a program changer and should be priority number 1 for Ray Tanner when he is interviewing candidates as I really don't see anyone on the list that is hands down better than the next. Gunner Stockton is SUPER FREAK at QB and will take us back to the Spurrier heydays here at Carolina!!!

Do whatever it takes to secure Gunner Stockton as a Gamecock! Keeping Mike Bobo (family connection with his father) if needed and of course keeping Conner Shaw (his childhood idle at QB) either as Coach or in his former position should be a requirement for the next Head Coach. Gunner is a program changer and should be priority number 1 for Ray Tanner when he is interviewing candidates as I really don't see anyone on the list that is hands down better than the next. Gunner Stockton is SUPER FREAK at QB and will take us back to the Spurrier heydays here at Carolina!!!
This is absolutely not a reason to consider when making this hire... We are not going to make a multi-million dollar program changing decision based around how it may affect the whims of a 16 year old kid. Absolutely not. What if we did everything we could to keep guys we think Stockton would like and between now and when he goes to college he gets a new GF and she goes to... UGA, or UNC and Gunner decides to follow her there? Or what if Auburn hires Muschamp as DC again and Gunner follows him, or what if this teenager decides he just likes Orange better and switches to clemsun. No, we absolutely cannot let thoughts of him guide this process in any way. We need to hire the best coach and if Gunner sticks to his word- great! If not, we have a roster full of high rated QBs and are adding another in this cycle.

Reactions: SOSUSC and DrMickey
That’s sure a short sighted requirement. While Stockton is a good quarterback, he’s not of the proverbial generational talent. 1 good quarterback doesn’t make a great program. Give me a coach who can develop players, hire great assistants and manage a game over a mediocre coach who can hang on to Stockton anyday.

No 1 recruit is worth a decision on coaching. He could blow out his knee in practice.
Make the best hires you can make. Period! The recruits will come.

Reactions: redrogers
Totally agree. Can't be a consideration. It's a very short sighted position. I really couldn't coach college football because making decisions based on egos isn't in my DNA. Don't make big decisions based on a recruits whims. Along those same lines, sit down the star prima donnas when they know better and committ stupid dead ball penalties or talk back to the coaches. There, I feel better already.

I only have one requirement too: beat clempson. If you do that, I don’t care about any of the other stuff

Reactions: redrogers

Whaaaaat?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT