ADVERTISEMENT

I keep hearing about how Muschamp and crew are great recruiters

His best year here was with Spurrier’s so called “poor recruits”. His classes have been no better or worse than Spurrier’s classes . Here’s my question ... where are all the Sunshine pumpers that preached about how this staff is so much better “Evaluating Talent” than the previous staff ?? Ok

These are all his recruits.....do you guys see anyone on this team you couldn't live without? I don't see any offensive talent left once Edwards leaves.

A decent coach could have won 6 or 7 games with this bunch (perhaps more). Our problem is coaching. I was at the game last night, and that was abundantly clear from the start. We all were literally calling the plays before they even ran them; it's that predictable.

Reactions: Brace1
The SC 2020 class is an awfully good class to be griping about recruiting.

It’s a very good class but not an elite class . Problem is Muschamp must have elite guys to make up for his coaching shortcomings . As you well know , he had incredible talent at Texas under Mack . He also had elite talent at Florida on defense . My biggest concern when he was hired was his whole “Recruiting Phenom” persona was built at schools that are easy places to recruit . Texas , LSU , Florida , Auburn .. all can pretty much open their doors and 5 stars line up . I always had serious doubt he could do that here , because frankly nobody ever has . Lou couldn’t do it , Spurrier couldn’t do it , so if two icons couldn’t do it I had serious reservations about Muschamp . Again , no disrespect to this class because frankly signing a top 25 classes with a 4-8 team is pretty impressive .

Last edited:
You need a great coach and/or coaches(coordinators) with superior x and o skills here because nobody can recruit here like they can UGA/Bama/Clemson just off of tradition.You have to win here big first and sustain it, then you can start reeling in the big fish consistently.Win alot of games and they will come.Kinda like Spurrier did from 11-13 but with coaches who are killer recruiters and a head coach that doesn't mind going on the road and recruiting hard.

We have the same caliber players as we did from 2010-2013 and sadly we have no caliber of coaching to get their full potential.

The previous staff got the best out of those recruits, thus resulting in successful NFL careers.

We have the same caliber players as we did from 2010-2013 and sadly we have no caliber of coaching to get their full potential.

The previous staff got the best out of those recruits, thus resulting in successful NFL careers.
I would disagree with you on that especially on offense defense also.Had way more talented experienced depth at most all positions.I think you are spot on with the coaching angle.

Regardless of the coach, USC certainly out-recruits Missouri, Kentucky (who won 5 in a row until this year), North Carolina, Virginia, and App State.

Facts, and this is the problem. There is no excuse to lose to these teams, not in the manner we have been lately at least. It's coaching. Plain and simple. How many points did Coastal Carolina put up against App State earlier this year??? It's stupid at this point.

These are all his recruits.....do you guys see anyone on this team you couldn't live without? I don't see any offensive talent left once Edwards leaves.
Another sad thing is Bryan Edwards originally committed to Spurrier. He de-committed then Bentley and Elliott pulled him back. Will Muschamp is all talk and he’s definitely not a great recruiter. His reputation was built off other great coaches. He should be a sports commentator because he’s not a good coach. He knows the game of “football” he’s got the gift of gab, and he would be a hit on any sports network for sure!

CWM is a very hard worker and commits himself to recruiting wholly- all to his credit and is admirable. However, we all know the kid in school who is a really hard worker but does not have the giftedness to be excellent, much less elite. Nothing wrong with that, and we should encourage and applaud effort, but it does mean that kid will have to have elite help around him to make up for his deficiencies.

CWM is a very hard worker and commits himself to recruiting wholly- all to his credit and is admirable. However, we all know the kid in school who is a really hard worker but does not have the giftedness to be excellent, much less elite. Nothing wrong with that, and we should encourage and applaud effort, but it does mean that kid will have to have elite help around him to make up for his deficiencies.

You nailed it.

Why does everyone say that Muschamp is such a hard worker when it comes to recruiting. Are they just copying something that they heard someone else say? What evidence is there that he workers any harder than any other coach?

Why does everyone say that Muschamp is such a hard worker when it comes to recruiting. Are they just copying something that they heard someone else say? What evidence is there that he workers any harder than any other coach?
I think its pretty evident he works harder than Spurrier boss.at least on the recruiting trail maybe his only positive over Spurrier

Pl
Another sad thing is Bryan Edwards originally committed to Spurrier. He de-committed then Bentley and Elliott pulled him back. Will Muschamp is all talk and he’s definitely not a great recruiter. His reputation was built off other great coaches. He should be a sports commentator because he’s not a good coach. He knows the game of “football” he’s got the gift of gab, and he would be a hit on any sports network for sure!
Please start tomorrow! I promise I will tune in.

Based on what? To determine a good class is way too early. As people have said, can this staff develop talent?

He has several very excellent recruits committed. They could decommit, but it is weird to criticize him for recruiting when at the very least it looks pretty good. Criticize for unimaginative offenses and similar faults, that is fair. Criticizing for recruiting, at this point, isn't. Which you implicitly acknowledge by shifting to what he does with the recruited talent, as opposed to actually recruiting it.

Trophy’s in sight will always be more powerful than trophy’s promised tomorrow.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT