ADVERTISEMENT

I keep hearing this is a 4-5 year rebuild. Why?

Sam Pittman is 4 games into his 2nd season and has Arkansas looking like a legitimate Top 5 team. In the same period that we went from 33 wins in 3 years to a complete dumpster fire, Arkansas has had I believe FIVE different coaches. So why would anybody seriously give Beamer the benefit of the doubt for 4-5 seasons? Honest question….has anyone seen anything on the offensive side of the ball through 4 games to indicate we’re headed in the right direction? His playcalling makes Lou Holtz’s offenses look fresh and inventive. The one thing we could’ve carried over from Muschamps team- the run game- has been completely dismantled and even though we now have no run game, Beamer is scared out of his wits to throw the ball downfield on 1st and 2nd down. Just pathetic all the way around.

you want a true rebuild….show Ray Tanner the door and rebuild the AD office. As long as Tanner infests the AD spot with the awful decisions he’s made, the more it shows nobody at this school actually cares about winning.
Because this is carolina, we never have been a great football program, accept and give a coach some time

LOL at all of this stupidity.

If we had hired Sam Pittman, the same people here acting like he is the next coming of Saban would have been jumping off the dry side of the Lake Murray dam.

At some point you just have to get better players. Nobody is perfect and a talented player goes a long way to cover coaching mistakes. The question is, how are we selling South Carolina to the difference makers? What do we need to do to lay that 5-6 win foundation before we can grab some blue chips to push us over the hump? This is year 1 with beamer. Like any new job is going to take time to see how his style fits here. He's not going to make any changes to his game plan until his system is in place. Like it or not he's cutting his teeth here.

Every year, the SEC has its new shiny penny. And this year its Arkansas coach. Let's just see how he does next year or 3 or 4 years down the road. Remember what Muschamp did his 2nd year. 9-4 . Plus Arkansas has 7 senior starters on O and 7 seniors on D. And he didnt recruit any of them

Last edited:
Reactions: Gradstudent
Let's see , Arkansas is top 10, we suck, you hate it because we TOLD you way before all of this unfolded, I get it, you're pissed because you can't accept the truth. Do you not realizing you're the one whining, others with common sense here point out the obvious that you are too damn stupid to see.
Who is too damn stupid now? LOL

Told you they would get their get their azz beat by Georgia. ZERO points.

LOL

We gave Georgia a better game. LOL

Sam Pittman is 4 games into his 2nd season and has Arkansas looking like a legitimate Top 5 team. In the same period that we went from 33 wins in 3 years to a complete dumpster fire, Arkansas has had I believe FIVE different coaches. So why would anybody seriously give Beamer the benefit of the doubt for 4-5 seasons? Honest question….has anyone seen anything on the offensive side of the ball through 4 games to indicate we’re headed in the right direction? His playcalling makes Lou Holtz’s offenses look fresh and inventive. The one thing we could’ve carried over from Muschamps team- the run game- has been completely dismantled and even though we now have no run game, Beamer is scared out of his wits to throw the ball downfield on 1st and 2nd down. Just pathetic all the way around.

you want a true rebuild….show Ray Tanner the door and rebuild the AD office. As long as Tanner infests the AD spot with the awful decisions he’s made, the more it shows nobody at this school actually cares about winning.
I'm in agreement that the folks up top have a tendency to say we are what we are this we get Champ and Beamer. McMgee kept preaching what we could be this we get Holtz and SOS. We have to wait until the current AD and board of trustees retire first. I haven't taken my family to a game since 2014. I'm no longer paying the 600 to take my family to nose bleeds. Id rather watch it on TV and donate to the University.

You are missing the point. Pittman hired home run coordinators, Briles and Odom are top shelf.

That’s what these new head coaches that can’t call plays have to do, that’s what I’ve been shouting about Shane since the hire. This experiment fails without an exceptional OC and DC. White has potential, Satterfield hasn’t called ball plays since ‘17. I see no evidence he is up to this job.

Those top shelf coordinators got their ass beat 37-0 by Georgia and looked WAY WORSE than we did.

162 yards of total offense. LOL
ZERO points. LOL

And their defense wasn't anything to brag about either.

And this is year 2 for Pittman. Are you going to be so understanding next year is Beamer gets beat by Georgia by 37 without scoring? Are you going to see "progress" in that?

Those top shelf coordinators got their ass beat 37-0 by Georgia and looked WAY WORSE than we did.

162 yards of total offense. LOL
ZERO points. LOL

And their defense wasn't anything to brag about either.

And this is year 2 for Pittman. Are you going to be so understanding next year is Beamer gets beat by Georgia by 37 without scoring? Are you going to see "progress" in that?
Kendal Briles > Marcus Satterfield

You are grasping at straws, your post will age very poorly.

Kendal Briles > Marcus Satterfield

You are grasping at straws, your post will age very poorly.

Maybe. Maybe not. Nobody can say for sure yet. Satterfield deserves more than a handful of games to prove himself.

I told you last week they wouldn't "trend" very well against Georgia. How did that age?

And you can get off the Briles family. That's not happening here, under any situation. And for good reason.

Reactions: CarolinaBro
They got there and proved they didn't belong there. If we get gameday next year with Georgia and lose 37-0, you still gonna be happy?

More like a forever rebuild -as long as Ray is the AD. We are in the grip of mediocrity with Ray.

Reactions: broken_cock_
I’ll concede they crapped their pants when they got there but again they got there.

Gameday won’t come anywhere near us, unless you count Athens.

What you look for is improvement. Arkansas was getting blown out by Western Kentucky and North Texas. Pittman has come along and you can't honestly say he hasn't improved that program. Will he get them to where Petrino and Nutt had them? Maybe not, but they certainly are much better than what they inherited.

While the Gamecock defense is better the offense is awful. The team itself is no better this year than last year. Pittman made immediate improvements at Arkansas as did Kiffin at Ole Miss. Fans aren't expecting championships at Carolina, but to expect a nice product is reasonable

giphy.gif

Beamer might get it going before then, but I think he will need at least 4 and maybe 5 years before we see 9 or 10 wins.

First, is the talent level. We need bigger and faster guys just about everywhere and we need depth. Second, this is a new staff and a new system. Some of these guys may work out but Coach Beamer may have to tweak his staff a few times over the next couple of years. In addition to tweaking the staff he may have to change the offensive scheme. The defense will be lights out as we acquire more depth. They are already pretty good.

Reactions: PC31
Looking back at his record here it took Spurrier 5 years to turn the corner. Beamer will need some time but judging by a lot of posters on here I'm not sure he will get that chance.

What you look for is improvement. Arkansas was getting blown out by Western Kentucky and North Texas. Pittman has come along and you can't honestly say he hasn't improved that program. Will he get them to where Petrino and Nutt had them? Maybe not, but they certainly are much better than what they inherited.

While the Gamecock defense is better the offense is awful. The team itself is no better this year than last year. Pittman made immediate improvements at Arkansas as did Kiffin at Ole Miss. Fans aren't expecting championships at Carolina, but to expect a nice product is reasonable
I think we’re on the same page here. I’ll concede Beamer and staff has kept us in every game except one so far. They’ll have to coach a lot better for that stat to stay that way. Schedule is about to beef up some.

It may take 3 or 4 years to rebuild this program, but it will have to be 3-4 years after this current staff is gone and assuming they can hire a good competent staff to replace them. I previously thought that the main problem was simply lack of talent and with some good recruiting that could be remedied. After watching the first 4 games though it has become painfully obvious that talent is not the only problem. I've watched a team for the last 4 weeks that simply was not prepared to play football. It does not appear this staff is capable of coaching a major college team and getting them prepared to play. They are not mentally prepared and they lack focus and discipline and it has not gotten better from week to week. They gave up a TD on the very first play against ECU, and TDs on the first possessions against UGA and UK. On offense they look confused and disoriented and obviously don't understand their assignments. Getting a team prepared to play is the primary job of a coaching staff. If they cannot do that, it really doesn't matter what kind of players they have, they will not be successful.

Reactions: Gamecock Jacque
In a covid year, missing players etc. What are they ranked this year? Oh and they would definetly smoke us, I'm sure that is obvious to you.

What would you have said a year ago about the Pittman program? Let's let Beamer have a little more rope before we hang him. We've already matched ARK win total from last season.

And we aren't close to being a top 50 team, do you really want to compare us against them right now. And regarding A&M, wanna wager a few on how we will fare with them. We have such a good history with them... 😂😂
Our record against aTm is certainly very depressing. That blowout in ‘14 was the death knell for Spurrier, IMO. Even the close games against the Aggies, it seems like we have no chance to win. Historically, they’re a much stronger program, but to see them come into the SEC in 2012 and blow right past us......it just hurts.

Our record against aTm is certainly very depressing. That blowout in ‘14 was the death knell for Spurrier, IMO. Even the close games against the Aggies, it seems like we have no chance to win. Historically, they’re a much stronger program, but to see them come into the SEC in 2012 and blow right past us......it just hurts.

At some point you just have to get better players. Nobody is perfect and a talented player goes a long way to cover coaching mistakes. The question is, how are we selling South Carolina to the difference makers? What do we need to do to lay that 5-6 win foundation before we can grab some blue chips to push us over the hump? This is year 1 with beamer. Like any new job is going to take time to see how his style fits here. He's not going to make any changes to his game plan until his system is in place. Like it or not he's cutting his teeth here.
First thing we have to do is beat Tennessee.

It may take 3 or 4 years to rebuild this program, but it will have to be 3-4 years after this current staff is gone and assuming they can hire a good competent staff to replace them. I previously thought that the main problem was simply lack of talent and with some good recruiting that could be remedied. After watching the first 4 games though it has become painfully obvious that talent is not the only problem. I've watched a team for the last 4 weeks that simply was not prepared to play football. It does not appear this staff is capable of coaching a major college team and getting them prepared to play. They are not mentally prepared and they lack focus and discipline and it has not gotten better from week to week. They gave up a TD on the very first play against ECU, and TDs on the first possessions against UGA and UK. On offense they look confused and disoriented and obviously don't understand their assignments. Getting a team prepared to play is the primary job of a coaching staff. If they cannot do that, it really doesn't matter what kind of players they have, they will not be successful.
Only a few members of the staff appear to be poor hires and they are on the offensive staff. I still think we have to wait until the end of the season.

Only a few members of the staff appear to be poor hires and they are on the offensive staff. I still think we have to wait until the end of the season.
A team that is unprepared to play football starts at the top.

Right, because the only thing that matters is trashing Tanner. He’s made mistakes but so did Hyman and McGee.

Magoo, his hire and continued employment as AD, is the absolute embodiment of the mediocrity and, too often, the dumbf’ery that is UofSC.

Naturally, Villagers excuse him. I understand you can’t help it. I also understand why that is.

So, bliss on.

Magoo, his hire and continued employment as AD, is the absolute embodiment of the mediocrity and, too often, the dumbf’ery that is UofSC.

Naturally, Villagers excuse him. I understand you can’t help it. I also understand why that is.

So, bliss on.
Haters like you ONLY see his mistakes. McGee gave us Steve Newton, Hyman gave us Horn. All AD’s make mistakes, maybe you’re just bitter because we didn’t hire Chadwell.

Bump

• Haha
Reactions: GoCocksFight2021
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT