ADVERTISEMENT

I wanna hear again how Deebo S. was wrong to miss the Nothing Bowl

I've had this debate in multiple threads for months when posting Deebo NFL highlights. Some of you turkeys need to let this go and stop holding a grudge for the rest of your lives. Deebo made a personal decision. He also had two season ending injuries while here. His teammates (most directly affected by his decision) accepted it and wanted him on the sidelines with them. I guarantee they're his biggest fans today. I'm happy for his NFL success and will always root for him

We might have scored if he had played in that bowl game, but our team looked so unmotivated and unprepared to play that he would have made no difference in the game.

There are many players now sitting out meaningless bowl games, I think UGA had about 10 sit out. It is the new norm, I see nothing wrong with it, kids go to college to get jobs right?

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
I had a hard time with him quitting on the team. That said I cut him some slack now considering Muschamp coached teams seem more proned to injury, which is pretty clear today imo. I trust he made a more informed decision than we previously thought. Still dont like it, but I get it. No big deal.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
Because I paid for his education, meals, room and board, athletic wear, protection, etc. This list goes on and on. All he had to do was show his appreciation for my goodwill by playing a game that used to be a privilege to play. Pretty simple. If anyone else doesn't understand that, then you probably don't contribute your hard earned money to selfish athletic brats, or you are a millennial. Hallelujah, where's the Tylenol?

Listen here, Boomer. The year is 2020 so quit living in the 1950s and realize that these athletes owe absolutely nothing to you. You wanna talk about athletes being selfish? What u just said right there was a selfish statement.. you want these guys to risk their health and future just so you can gloat to you’re friend Billy Joe about winning the BELK BOWL?!?!?!? Give me a break..

You wanna talk about PRIVILEGE? Just look in the damn mirror.. cuz i know sure as hell you are NOT calling Deebo privileged after all he has been through and done for this state. You need to take a seat you old hag.

Its an utter shame that their are Fans here bashing a Gamecock great for taking the needed steps to be successful in life.. It is really disappointing and it puts me to shame.

Because I paid for his education, meals, room and board, athletic wear, protection, etc. This list goes on and on. All he had to do was show his appreciation for my goodwill by playing a game that used to be a privilege to play. Pretty simple. If anyone else doesn't understand that, then you probably don't contribute your hard earned money to selfish athletic brats, or you are a millennial. Hallelujah, where's the Tylenol?

You're on a free internet message board at 8:56 AM on a Monday bashing someone most would consider one of the all-time great athletes to play for USC, and who is an awesome ambassador for USC. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that your "contributions" to USC are greatly exaggerated, and probably amount to the couple of hot dogs and a drink that you purchase at the game you attend once every couple of years.

They're so precious when they're young.

And valuable too. I've always said that we should mine all that wisdom while they're young and still know everything.

This is the first generation that's come along confident that they know all so they're entitled to lecture the generations that have been here ahead of them. That's never happened before. Lololol.

Reactions: Dizzy01
Anyone who recommends risking millions of dollars for little to no ROI should not be giving financial advice.

Anyone who is giving such bad advice is either broke or never had the mental acuity to be in such a financially advantageous position to begin with

Anyone who recommends risking millions of dollars for little to no ROI should not be giving financial advice.

Anyone who is giving such bad advice is either broke or never had the mental acuity to be in such a financially advantageous position to begin with
This made me chuckle a little bit... the thought of an NFL player or hopeful taking good financial advise. I say that because 8 out of 10 dont and will run in to financial difficulty soon after retiring.

Reactions: howard13 and USC15
Listen here, Boomer. The year is 2020 so quit living in the 1950s and realize that these athletes owe absolutely nothing to you. You wanna talk about athletes being selfish? What u just said right there was a selfish statement.. you want these guys to risk their health and future just so you can gloat to you’re friend Billy Joe about winning the BELK BOWL?!?!?!? Give me a break..

You wanna talk about PRIVILEGE? Just look in the damn mirror.. cuz i know sure as hell you are NOT calling Deebo privileged after all he has been through and done for this state. You need to take a seat you old hag.

Its an utter shame that their are Fans here bashing a Gamecock great for taking the needed steps to be successful in life.. It is really disappointing and it puts me to shame.
You sound under age. You take time off of fortnight? No I’m 42. I work hard get to where I am. I’m sure you’re in between jobs, parents basements and Xbox controllers.

which we lost 28-0.

How being in that game was much more important than getting ready for the draft which may be potentially taking him to the Super Bowl assuming the 49ers can hold a 34-7 lead.
Crap thing to do to your team mates, fans, school, and coaches. Chasing greasy George doesn’t make it okay. Some people understand this. Some never will...because they can’t.

Reactions: cockofdawn
I would not have had such a biig problem if he sat out the Senior Bowl too. That’s what chaps my butt. No loyalty to his team, all about the benjamins. He could have gotten hurt in the Senior Bowl too. Scouts knew enough about him before the Senior bowl. That is a meaningless bowl..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT