ADVERTISEMENT

I wasn't at the game yesterday, but I heard a claim that I think is BS

UrbanAchiever

Nov 29, 2004
Please help.

I am a Carolina fan who chose to stay home yesterday buy did watch it on the TV.

A fellow Gamecock fan who was at the game, however, claims that the reason some our fans were throwing things at the Clemson players was that Watson flipped them off after he scored a touchdown.

Given that the person is typically full of BS, I called him on it and told him I had seen NO evidence of any such behavior on Watson's part, and if he had indeed given our fans the finger SOMEONE else besides him would have seen it (i.e., the thousands of other fans in the stadium, the refs, his coaches, OUR coaches or players or any of the thousands of cameras at the game, both media and private.)

I have since searched all over the internet and have seen NO story - be it traditional news source, a blog, a tweet or a message board - that substantiates his claim.

Did anyone on here see Watson do such a thing? And I don't mean simply taunting our fans, I mean directing any kind of obscene gesture.

He did taunt the student section but I don't recall him giving the finger.
That's all I saw.

I find it impossible to believe that he saw Watson giving our fans the finger - especially given this person's lack of credibility and the fact that I have no other such claim ANYWHERE.

Please help.

I am a Carolina fan who chose to stay home yesterday buy did watch it on the TV.

A fellow Gamecock fan who was at the game, however, claims that the reason some our fans were throwing things at the Clemson players was that Watson flipped them off after he scored a touchdown.

Given that the person is typically full of BS, I called him on it and told him I had seen NO evidence of any such behavior on Watson's part, and if he had indeed given our fans the finger SOMEONE else besides him would have seen it (i.e., the thousands of other fans in the stadium, the refs, his coaches, OUR coaches or players or any of the thousands of cameras at the game, both media and private.)

I have since searched all over the internet and have seen NO story - be it traditional news source, a blog, a tweet or a message board - that substantiates his claim.

Did anyone on here see Watson do such a thing? And I don't mean simply taunting our fans, I mean directing any kind of obscene gesture.

Don't know about the finger but if you look at these highlights theres two times in which a ref talks to Watson to tone it down. The first, the Dab, should have been called...apparently Deshaun's been hanging with sCam.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/recap?gameId=400603919
Don't like taunting - by my opponents OR my team. That being said, there is a HUGE difference between classless taunting and the finger.

I saw the childish,shushing index finger, but not "the" finger.

That's what it was; I saw him do it at least once. This is why Elliott's over the top praise of Watson after the game made me sick. Elliott is not ready for prime time and he flaps his gums too much.

Reactions: trekcock
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT