ADVERTISEMENT

If it is Muschamp..I am done..

Status
Not open for further replies.
You may disagree with it and that is fine.As the Gamecock nation we have been told we need more money and the Gamecock nation has provided. Seat license fees as well as ticket prices and the list goes on and on. We keep building facilities and are told that we are in as good of shape as the rest of the SEC. At the present time we have an indoor practice facility and Georgia does not.However does it really matter when the best you can do is Muschump who plainly could not cut it at Florida! I do not see pouring money in a bad situation.

actually, we give when we win. we dont give when we lose. so if will recruits well, and their is hope, we will pay. for the record, gifts were way down after last year.

if you think people are going to write checks because herman came here you are crazy. it is wait and see no matter what.

thats our history. We gave more to holtz and spurrier despite many people on here and elsewhere saying both were washed up. but the money did not really pour in until they won...

I think I speak for all gator fans. Will Muschamp was and will soon be again, the worst head coach in college football. He is your typical, dime-a-dozen, meathead defensive coordinator. He thinks he can win national championships by being so much bigger, tougher, and stronger than all of his opponents, that they will not be able to stop his downhill, power & counter attack even when they know it is coming. Some of you, who watched South Carolina defeat us 3 of Muschamp's 4 years are correct in thinking "Hey, his Florida teams really sucked ass and found super-creative ways to lose". However, there are others that think Muschamp " built" this SEC East champion Florida team.

Bull. We had 6 offensive lineman in the spring of 2015. 6!!!! Every QB Muschamp signed from on roster from 2011-2013 transferred or quit football altogether. Every damn one of them. When you think about that, its a pretty amazing feat. So what top QB prospect in his right mind is gonna sign with Muschamp? He's done nothing but run his other QB signess out of town. ALL OF THEM.

Our top wide receiver this year is a true freshman that was not recruited/offered by Muschamp's staff. Our #2 wide receiver was a 4th string running back last year. Our top 2 tight ends from 2013-2014? Converted defensive ends that couldn't catch a sack full of balls.

Our roster was pure s--+ when McElwain took over, and still is. It will be s--+ next year too. We simply got lucky as hell this year, and will get slaugherterd Saturday just like last week. but at the same time, it's not an accident that we all of a sudden won 10 games this year. We have a better head coach - I don't think McElwains great or even that good - but even an average coach is light years better than Muschamp.

Will Muschamp has no clue what he wants to do offensively. He still to this day doesn't know what type of player he wants to recruit on the offensive side of the ball. He has no idea how to manage an offensive roster. More importantly, I can promise you that there or no top flight offensive coordinators that are going to want to work for that doofus. Charlie Weis took a head coaching job at Kansas just to get the hell out of FLA. Brent Pease was made a sacrificial lamb because our dumbass AD had a love boner for Muschamp, and Kurt Roper was just a throw s--t against the wall and see what sticks hire. The latter 2 guys' careers have taken a massive hit, and I can assure you that prospective OCs know that as well. Muschamp has always put out pathetic, helpless offenses on a record-breaking scale. That will not change, ever.

Muschamp is not passionate and intense, he's a psycho. Dont get that confused. All coaches are intense or passionate or they wouldnt be in the business. His sideline rants and behavior is just a fancy display of grab-assin. Go watch some of his prostgame press conferences after losses on youtube. He's the definition of false bravado.

His defenses? Overrated. His entire game plan is geared toward being in low scoring games with as few posessions as possible. Our defense's yards per play average is actually not as good as you would think. But he yells and screams and knows what a midline is so that makes him a guru to lots of folks.

If you think he will bring something different to SC or magically figure out how to run a football program successfully, you're dreaming. That guy is the poster child for the saying "insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results". He thinks he can get the results if he just works harder at doing what he's doing. Anybody that hires him after what he did at UF is an even bigger moron than Muschamp (or Jeremy Foley). You guys can't even begin to understand how inept this doofus is. If he's hired at SC you will hate him, and you'll celebrate when he's inevitably fired.

Muschamp list to Georgia Southern at Florida. That is as bad as USC loosing to the Citadel if not worse. No way that should happen at either school regardless of any excuses.
I guess if he comes here we will only be 1 bad play from seeing Woody Hayes relived. I live close to Gainesville and I lived Muschsmp at Florida because everyday I could turn the radio on and hear the UF fans whining about their coach. They could not get rid of him fast enough.

And we just lost to The Citadel....We have also lost to Furman and other opponents we should NEVER lose to in our past......

His bio does not sound bad to me. I like a fiery and intense coach who will not let us get screwed over. I hate a coach who just stands there on the sideline, like he is listening to the radio. You can tell WM is into the game. He is a good recruiter and defensive guy. Our DEFENSE needs to be fixed. The key is what kind of staff he could assemble. He made some mistakes that I am sure he won't repeat. Just sayin

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Will_Muschamp

I agree it will be difficult to pull for this team any longer if Muschamp is our coach. But... Honestly.., I am sure I will still find a way. The Gamecocks are like an addiction... Perhaps that isn't a good analogy... Being a Gamecocks fan is more like... Getting herpes- cannot get it out of your blood no matter how hard you try!

Kind of has a negative connotation? Yep... That is intentional. It really sucks being a Gamecock sometimes... But like the herp there is a silver lining- At least you had fun getting it, right? :)

(And no... I don't have herpes... Does that mean I cannot make jokes about it?)

Reactions: cocky4
I do think, though, Rich Rod will get the job, but he plays no defense, so we are still screwed.

I think I speak for all gator fans. Will Muschamp was and will soon be again, the worst head coach in college football. He is your typical, dime-a-dozen, meathead defensive coordinator. He thinks he can win national championships by being so much bigger, tougher, and stronger than all of his opponents, that they will not be able to stop his downhill, power & counter attack even when they know it is coming. Some of you, who watched South Carolina defeat us 3 of Muschamp's 4 years are correct in thinking "Hey, his Florida teams really sucked ass and found super-creative ways to lose". However, there are others that think Muschamp " built" this SEC East champion Florida team.

Bull. We had 6 offensive lineman in the spring of 2015. 6!!!! Every QB Muschamp signed from on roster from 2011-2013 transferred or quit football altogether. Every damn one of them. When you think about that, its a pretty amazing feat. So what top QB prospect in his right mind is gonna sign with Muschamp? He's done nothing but run his other QB signess out of town. ALL OF THEM.

Our top wide receiver this year is a true freshman that was not recruited/offered by Muschamp's staff. Our #2 wide receiver was a 4th string running back last year. Our top 2 tight ends from 2013-2014? Converted defensive ends that couldn't catch a sack full of balls.

Our roster was pure s--+ when McElwain took over, and still is. It will be s--+ next year too. We simply got lucky as hell this year, and will get slaugherterd Saturday just like last week. but at the same time, it's not an accident that we all of a sudden won 10 games this year. We have a better head coach - I don't think McElwains great or even that good - but even an average coach is light years better than Muschamp.

Will Muschamp has no clue what he wants to do offensively. He still to this day doesn't know what type of player he wants to recruit on the offensive side of the ball. He has no idea how to manage an offensive roster. More importantly, I can promise you that there or no top flight offensive coordinators that are going to want to work for that doofus. Charlie Weis took a head coaching job at Kansas just to get the hell out of FLA. Brent Pease was made a sacrificial lamb because our dumbass AD had a love boner for Muschamp, and Kurt Roper was just a throw s--t against the wall and see what sticks hire. The latter 2 guys' careers have taken a massive hit, and I can assure you that prospective OCs know that as well. Muschamp has always put out pathetic, helpless offenses on a record-breaking scale. That will not change, ever.

Muschamp is not passionate and intense, he's a psycho. Dont get that confused. All coaches are intense or passionate or they wouldnt be in the business. His sideline rants and behavior is just a fancy display of grab-assin. Go watch some of his prostgame press conferences after losses on youtube. He's the definition of false bravado.

His defenses? Overrated. His entire game plan is geared toward being in low scoring games with as few posessions as possible. Our defense's yards per play average is actually not as good as you would think. But he yells and screams and knows what a midline is so that makes him a guru to lots of folks.

If you think he will bring something different to SC or magically figure out how to run a football program successfully, you're dreaming. That guy is the poster child for the saying "insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results". He thinks he can get the results if he just works harder at doing what he's doing. Anybody that hires him after what he did at UF is an even bigger moron than Muschamp (or Jeremy Foley). You guys can't even begin to understand how inept this doofus is. If he's hired at SC you will hate him, and you'll celebrate when he's inevitably fired.

Thanks for the heads up. but since the SEC east sux ass, any coach can win, even muschamp. I think your coach will be gone in 4 more years as well. lets face it, the east is awesome at bad coaching hires.

You may disagree with it and that is fine.As the Gamecock nation we have been told we need more money and the Gamecock nation has provided. Seat license fees as well as ticket prices and the list goes on and on. We keep building facilities and are told that we are in as good of shape as the rest of the SEC. At the present time we have an indoor practice facility and Georgia does not.However does it really matter when the best you can do is Muschump who plainly could not cut it at Florida! I do not see pouring money in a bad situation.
Excellent post! I would add that we have gone all out to support sports like womens' basketball and baseball, and rightfully so because I think we're all proud of those teams. But it really bothers me that we would settle with the hiring of a football coach considering it is football that has paid for all those other sports. Ray being the former baseball coach leaves me all the more cynical about this situation. I feel it's a slap in the face to those of us that desperately want a successful football program and have supported our program for so long. We've finally reached a point where we have leveled the playing field with facilities and we are going to hire Will Friggin' Muschamp?

I am also done if we hire Muschamp. Been buying season tickets since the mid 90s and sat through 1-21 home games. Hiring Muschamp would say to me that the administration doesn't care because, unlike the 90s, we actually have the means to expect much more now than we did then.

Excellent post. Thanks for the input.

Will the "if it is Muschamp I am done crowd" promise not to post anymore? Seems like a reasonable request.

Nope totally unreasonable.

And every step of the upcoming trainwreck is going to have to be discussed, mocked, and forcibly administered to you with the posting board equivalent of hitting you over the head with a two by four.

If you want Muschamp, you've been bad, you've been stupid. And it is our job to point it out to you each and every day. We are going to have a "Fire Will Muschamp" movement before he even signs a contract.

Like a puppy you need to have your nose forced into the mess you've made. Each and every day. And we are going to do it.

Now we aren't going to get rid of Will Muschamp; Will Muschamp will get rid of Will Muschamp. And it may only take a year.

Kind of suspect Tanner will screw it up and we have some kind of big buyout to pay, but it's coming.

That is assuming he is actually dumb enough to hire that idiot.

There is a lot of I am done posts. If he starts winning, many will jump back in. I understand why some are not crazy about some of the stuff he does but to stop supporting the team seems a little overboard. I have a feeling the players will like this hire. Especially if he is able to bring in many of the staff he wants to.

Will the "if it is Muschamp I am done crowd" promise not to post anymore? Seems like a reasonable request.

I was hoping that the "if it is Martin I am done crowd" would follow through with the same promise

There is a lot of I am done posts. If he starts winning, many will jump back in. I understand why some are not crazy about some of the stuff he does but to stop supporting the team seems a little overboard. I have a feeling the players will like this hire. Especially if he is able to bring in many of the staff he wants to.

Yeah, I'm not gonna be thrilled with a Muschamp hire, and I dread a return to the Fat Brad/Sparky days, but I'm not ever going to stop pulling for the team.

Some of you guys wound so tight make Muschamp look like Ben Carson.

Frankly guys, Muschamp may be our best option as this point. So let's be done with all the passive-aggressive, "I will quit if I don't get my way."
Herman did not want to come. Smart went to his college. We can't hire someone who won't come.
Ray can only deal with 'candidates.'

The unfortunate part is that there doesn't appear to be anyone who loves the idea of Champ. At least with guys like SOS, Holtz and even Martin there were legions who were excited. With Champ, it's "meh, so when will be the first time RT suspends him?"

My hope is that WM recruits like we've never seen, without getting us into trouble, so that when the next guy comes in he'll have a talented team to work with. Other than that I have zero illusions that WM can win a championship at SC. We'll be lining his pockets with money, and that's about it.

The unfortunate part is that there doesn't appear to be anyone who loves the idea of Champ. At least with guys like SOS, Holtz and even Martin there were legions who were excited. With Champ, it's "meh, so when will be the first time RT suspends him?"

My hope is that WM recruits like we've never seen, without getting us into trouble, so that when the next guy comes in he'll have a talented team to work with. Other than that I have zero illusions that WM can win a championship at SC. We'll be lining his pockets with money, and that's about it.

but thats all speculation.

We promise. As long as you can get USC to promise not to call us begging for money because GC membership is off by 50% and you're not filling out half the stadium. Deal?

I was hoping that the "if it is Martin I am done crowd" would follow through with the same promise
I knew Frank was a winner before he even got the job. I was always and will always be a supporter of his.

Muschamp is not my first choice but looking at our current situation. Two of our biggest issues are bad assistant coaches and recruiting. Now which candidate has the best chance of fixing that? Easily out of who we are looking at it's Muschamp. I am not crazy about some of his antics but I know he would recruit and put together a good staff. Now if he wants to retain some of the current staff I am not at all in support of that but other than that I would be ok with it.
Wait, in the other thread, you criticized me for saying he wouldn't be successful here, yet you KNOW he will recruit and put together a good staff. Did Jesus whisper this to you? See it in tea leaves? Tarot cards? Ouija board? Fisher Price Slide Viewer?

We promise. As long as you can get USC to promise not to call us begging for money because GC membership is off by 50% and you're not filling out half the stadium. Deal?

I think it will suffer. But do you think it could get as bad as 50% though? I'm positive it drops some, but 50% is a lot.

I think it will suffer. But do you think it could get as bad as 50% though? I'm positive it drops some, but 50% is a lot.
The GC costs a lot of money to be in, if this program continues to head south what's the first thing you can expect people to cut from their budget? GC membership. Nobody wants to pay to see bad football. We did that for decades but it was cheaper back then too.

Wait, in the other thread, you criticized me for saying he wouldn't be successful here, yet you KNOW he will recruit and put together a good staff. Did Jesus whisper this to you? See it in tea leaves? Tarot cards? Ouija board? Fisher Price Slide Viewer?

Ok thats fair. But given how our current staff recruits including head coach, who would you say would recruit better? If Muschamp can bring some of his own staff.

So a built in excuse to keep the failed former Florida coach even longer. Great.
No. I understand the roster what we have coming back.

But I understand where you're going. If it were Herman and we lose it would be "give him time it's his first year!". But if WM and we lose it will be "I told you so". So I get it.

At this point we should just TRY to be as bad as possible. We have only just scratched the surface without trying to be....we can become famous
So a built in excuse to keep the failed former Florida coach even longer. Great.

Isn't that our history.....we hold onto a bad coach like a crack hoe holds onto the pipe. It is always excuses and rationalizations.

At this point we should just TRY to be as bad as possible. We have only just scratched the surface without trying to be....we can become famous

Isn't that our history.....we hold onto a bad coach like a crack hoe holds onto the pipe. It is always excuses and rationalizations.
Maybe that's the strategy. I will say, it's pretty sad when we have so many Carolina fans making excuses for why Florida was losing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT