ADVERTISEMENT

If it's not talent, fan support, or facilities causing the . . .

67gamecock

Oct 3, 2000
Lexington, SC
current meltdown of our football program, then it must be coaching. In any business environment, when a department staffed with good personnel performs poorly, then it can only be one thing causing the problem, poor or non-performing management. therefore . . . clean house at the top. Such is life in America.

Our football program is, like it or not, a multi-million dollar BUSINESS. Most of our other athletic programs rely very heavily on the performance of the football team - financially, as well as in the win/loss area. We cannot afford a 2-3 year spin-out in football. SOS needs to be reminded that our football program is not the ATO fraternity house at UF c. mid-1960's; you can't carry your poorly performing brothers (or sons) due to fraternal loyalty.

Tanner must clean this mess up. I like Pastidis's recent explanation for the need to remodel the historic-document laden Caroliniana Library on the Horseshoe. Looking the library director square in his eyes, Dr. Pastidis said. 'Scott, if this library fails structurally with all those historic records still in the building, you and I will immediately present our resignations!'

Following the meeting referred to above, all of the books, documents, etc., in the Caroliniana Library were temporarily stored in the Hollings Library Annex, 5 million dollars in funds were obtained from the legislature, and another 5 million will be raised in SIX WEEKS to bring the old library up to standard.

Our AD needs to be as direct with SOS as our Prez was with his library director (Caroliniana). Get the job done - now! JMHO.

Reactions: rogue cock
current meltdown of our football program, then it must be coaching. In any business environment, when a department staffed with good personnel performs poorly, then it can only be one thing causing the problem, poor or non-performing management. therefore . . . clean house at the top. Such is life in America.

Our football program is, like it or not, a multi-million dollar BUSINESS. Most of our other athletic programs rely very heavily on the performance of the football team - financially, as well as in the win/loss area. We cannot afford a 2-3 year spin-out in football. SOS needs to be reminded that our football program is not the ATO fraternity house at UF c. mid-1960's; you can't carry your poorly performing brothers (or sons) due to fraternal loyalty.

Tanner must clean this mess up. I like Pastidis's recent explanation for the need to remodel the historic-document laden Caroliniana Library on the Horseshoe. Looking the library director square in his eyes, Dr. Pastidis said. 'Scott, if this library fails structurally with all those historic records still in the building, you and I will immediately present our resignations!'

Following the meeting referred to above, all of the books, documents, etc., in the Caroliniana Library were temporarily stored in the Hollings Library Annex, 5 million dollars in funds were obtained from the legislature, and another 5 million will be raised in SIX WEEKS to bring the old library up to standard.

Our AD needs to be as direct with SOS as our Prez was with his library director (Caroliniana). Get the job done - now! JMHO.

Just wondering....Is ANY of this frustration and angst of GAMECOCK fandom permeating all the way to the TOP of the ivory towers on Campus?
Been a Gamecock a mighty long time and I don't remember it ever being this bad!

Just wondering....Is ANY of this frustration and angst of GAMECOCK fandom permeating all the way to the TOP of the ivory towers on Campus?
Been a Gamecock a mighty long time and I don't remember it ever being this bad!

My opinion is NO as the frustrations expressed here are almost entirely bootstrap and ill-conceived absent any meaningful or useful 'advice' except "do something".

Lots of pontificating (see the OP's comments again) but that's all it is ... a big wind.

Coach Spurrier's not going anywhere, we're not going to lay down and die, the world has not stopped spinning and we aren't all of a sudden going to stop winning. We may well fall to 2-4 God knows we've been there before and the guy in charge was the ONLY guy to EVER get us out of that 'year-in year-out' trap.

People a lot smarter than us regarding these matters are CONSTANTLY evaluating and monitoring our current and future situation(s) ... they don't panic or scream 'fire!' - we'll be just fine, frustration and angst aside.

Nope, no one's paying any attention to these calls for a public hanging. What you're 'experiencing' is what good drivers suffer when stuck in traffic following a wreck ... MOST drivers are rubberneckers and cannot HELP but 'slow down to LOOK' - they do no good, they actually ADD to the current trouble without even realizing it.

You just have to ride it out.

Who says it's not talent?

Of course, that's a coach's responsibility too.

My opinion is NO as the frustrations expressed here are almost entirely bootstrap and ill-conceived absent any meaningful or useful 'advice' except "do something".

Lots of pontificating (see the OP's comments again) but that's all it is ... a big wind.

Coach Spurrier's not going anywhere, we're not going to lay down and die, the world has not stopped spinning and we aren't all of a sudden going to stop winning. We may well fall to 2-4 God knows we've been there before and the guy in charge was the ONLY guy to EVER get us out of that 'year-in year-out' trap.

People a lot smarter than us regarding these matters are CONSTANTLY evaluating and monitoring our current and future situation(s) ... they don't panic or scream 'fire!' - we'll be just fine, frustration and angst aside.

Nope, no one's paying any attention to these calls for a public hanging. What you're 'experiencing' is what good drivers suffer when stuck in traffic following a wreck ... MOST drivers are rubberneckers and cannot HELP but 'slow down to LOOK' - they do no good, they actually ADD to the current trouble without even realizing it.

You just have to ride it out.

Right the top brass love Spurrier more than his results. If u want to make ur feelings known wear a paper bag during the game like I plan to do. The media will run with that

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT