ADVERTISEMENT

If Les Miles is going to Kansas, it is pretty obvious

Lou Holtz and Steve Spurrier were legends before they came to USC. Les Miles was just a quirky coach that coached at LSU. I don't ever remember anyone ever saying that he was some kind of coaching genius. I like the guy but his coaching decisions have always left me scratching my head. Yes, they won a NC but on a whole I think his teams underachieved considering the amount of talent that was always on that team.

Short shelf life also. He expired when Petty graduated and he tried to make his successor into the next Tony Rice.
Lou was in a "LOOKING FOR TONY'S CLONE" mode since he left ND- he never could accept that Tony was only a one time thing. Maybe LES will be lucky enough to get TOTO as a replacement for the Jayhawk mascot and TOTO will bring Dorothy along. jumpingsmile

Reactions: DetroitCock
Actually hiring Miles is exactly something we would do. Old coach glory years behind him coming in to rake us for some money before retiring.

We got it half right with Muschamp. Hes young and hungry but couldnt win at a school with much more resources than we have.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT