ADVERTISEMENT

If prediction of over - under wins/season in 2016 5 1/2....what would you take?

ChairForceCock

Gold Member
Aug 17, 2001
Sep 1 at Vanderbilt
Sep 10 at Miss. State
Sep 17 East Carolina
Sep 24 at Kentucky
Oct 1 Texas A&M
Oct 8 Georgia
Oct 22 UMass
Oct 29 Tennessee
Nov 5 Missouri
Nov 12 at Florida
Nov 19 Western Carolina
Nov 26 at Clemson

4 should be wins (Vandy, Western Carolina, East Carolina, UMass)
4 should be losses (UGA, Tenn, Florida, Clemson)
4 will probably be toss ups....less than a touchdown point spread (Miss State, Kentucky, A&M, Mizzou)

Based on our season last year, we still remain highly questionable at QB, and a new coaching staff, I feel that most experts will feel that we lose 3 of the 4 toss ups.

So, given that the over/under for wins this season would be 5 1/2, would you take the over or under?

To me the first 4 games are crucial for the success of the team. They are all winnable games, although 3 of the 4 are on the road. You win those four then you are maybe looking at a 7 or 8 win season. IMO, I think they go 7-5

Sep 1 at Vanderbilt - W
Sep 10 at Miss. State - L
Sep 17 East Carolina - W
Sep 24 at Kentucky - W
Oct 1 Texas A&M - L
Oct 8 Georgia - L
Oct 22 UMass - W
Oct 29 Tennessee - L
Nov 5 Missouri - W
Nov 12 at Florida - L
Nov 19 Western Carolina - W
Nov 26 at Clemson - L

I agree with caig above; 6-6 = Over

Last edited:
Over
6-6 (Vandy, Miss St, ECU, Kentucky, UMASS, and Missouri)
7-5 (above and beating Georgia at home)
1st 3 SEC games on the road, but at least they are against probably the 3 weakest teams in the conference
The bye before UMASS is a waste

When is the last time we did not get one of the powers from the west? Way Too Early Predications have our two SEC West opponents at the bottom of the barrel. Miss State (predicted to finish last) will be in major rebuilding mode, while A&M (predicted 2nd to last in the west) has talent with big holes to fill.

Sep 1 at Vanderbilt - W
Sep 10 at Miss. State - L
Sep 17 East Carolina - W
Sep 24 at Kentucky - W
Oct 1 Texas A&M - L
Oct 8 Georgia - L
Oct 22 UMass - W
Oct 29 Tennessee - L
Nov 5 Missouri - W
Nov 12 at Florida - L
Nov 26 at Clemson - L

I agree with caig above; 6-6 = Over

Did you think we would beat Kentucky the last two years? I don't think that game is a given

Reactions: Atlanta Cock
Over
6-6 (Vandy, Miss St, ECU, Kentucky, UMASS, and Missouri)
7-5 (above and beating Georgia at home)
1st 3 SEC games on the road, but at least they are against probably the 3 weakest teams in the conference
The bye before UMASS is a waste

I don't get that either. Really? After UGA and before UMass? I don't even get UMass on the schedule. Did I miss something, are we done with in-state scheduling (Citadel, Coastal, Wofford)? I thought this was a big paycheck to those schools and would greatly benefit them.

Over.

With this staff, we'd have won 7 last year.
How do you know? Champ lost to Georgia Southern at UF.

I choose under until Champ and this staff proves they can actually coach. They've convinced me that they'll work hard on the recruiting trail, but SOS used to whip coaches like that all the time.

Did you think we would beat Kentucky the last two years? I don't think that game is a given
TBH, I didn't think last year that we'd beat them. Early (perhaps too early) thought is that we do this year. I'm expecting much improvement from the new staff - what can I say?

TBH, I didn't think last year that we'd beat them. Early (perhaps too early) thought is that we do this year. I'm expecting much improvement from the new staff - what can I say?
Also don't think the Vandy game (on the road) is a given. I bet Vagas has this game as even.

Under. I do think our Defense will be a little better but with No proven QB, Receivers, Running Backs, Tight end, and 3 new O-Linemen. Getting any points will be a struggle.

Road games even with Vanderbilt and Ky are not good that early in the season with a new quarterback.

Sep 1 at Vanderbilt
Sep 10 at Miss. State
Sep 17 East Carolina
Sep 24 at Kentucky
Oct 1 Texas A&M
Oct 8 Georgia
Oct 22 UMass
Oct 29 Tennessee
Nov 5 Missouri
Nov 12 at Florida
Nov 19 Western Carolina
Nov 26 at Clemson

4 will probably be toss ups....less than a touchdown point spread (Miss State, Kentucky, A&M, Mizzou)

Based on our season last year, we still remain highly questionable at QB, and a new coaching staff, I feel that most experts will feel that we lose 3 of the 4 toss ups.

So, given that the over/under for wins this season would be 5 1/2, would you take the over or under?

Over - I think you guys get 7

How do you know? Champ lost to Georgia Southern at UF.

I choose under until Champ and this staff proves they can actually coach. They've convinced me that they'll work hard on the recruiting trail, but SOS used to whip coaches like that all the time.
He also beat #9 uga, and Tennessee in Knoxville the same season he was fired... With a 7-5 record, with losses to bama lsu Mizzou south Carolina FSU. He went 11-2, with wins over 4 top 10 opponents.

Yet, you choose to judge him solely on 1 game, in 1 down season where he lost 11 starters to injury... Why am I not surprised by this.

Sorry, but I'm taking a different approach this coming year. With our best offensive weapon going pro and the BS of the 1st 3 confs games on the road. How could anybody see this team going 6-6 or better. I truly could see this season going south from the start. 4-8.

Lol. I'm with u. I pencil them and Vandy in as a win every year.

9-3 and a trip to a Florida bowl game.

Sep 1 at Vanderbilt - W
Sep 10 at Miss. State - W
Sep 17 East Carolina - W
Sep 24 at Kentucky - W
Oct 1 Texas A&M - L
Oct 8 Georgia - W (either TAMU or UGA will be a W, don't see us dropping consecutive home games)
Oct 22 UMass - W
Oct 29 Tennessee - L
Nov 5 Missouri - W
Nov 12 at Florida - W
Nov 26 at Clemson - L

14-0 I'm not kool-aid drinker either

andy-reid-kool-aid-2.gif

Sep 1 at Vanderbilt
Sep 10 at Miss. State
Sep 17 East Carolina
Sep 24 at Kentucky
Oct 1 Texas A&M
Oct 8 Georgia
Oct 22 UMass
Oct 29 Tennessee
Nov 5 Missouri
Nov 12 at Florida
Nov 19 Western Carolina
Nov 26 at Clemson

OVER. 7-5

Over. 6 wins I think. That and a win in a low tier bowl would be a success to me.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT