ADVERTISEMENT

If Shaun Elliott gets the job at GSU who do you think we go after?

Summers at UF. Roper brought him in there, not sure why he wouldn't here. Someone earlier mentioned UNDs OL coach...he's a good one, not sure if there is any connection with any of our staff though.

Co OL coaches? Has that ever been done? Travelle Wharton.
Jabari Levey.

Last edited:
The original question is IF he gets offered. Not his job security.
Sorry to be THAT guy, but a great discussion.
I still would like Kevin Hendrix included in some form. That guy is a leader. Chief is a nickname he EARNED....not just heritage.
Sorry again, but NOBODY loves this University more than him. Have you heard him on 107.5? I would run through a brick wall for him. The guy is fearless.
The same with Elliott. Talent has dropped. We just didn't realize it. Too many injuries over the last few years. The depth wasn't as good as advertised.
Travelle. He played hard to the whistle. Am I right saying he is coaching in The League?

Last edited:
Elliott recommends the man whom he idolizes the most. Spanish Matador Francisco Rivera Ordóñez from whom Elliott obviously learned his Ole technique.

Reactions: rogue cock
People don't understand this enough about football coaches. The best are highly intelligent people. ..ie Hoodie, and Saban. Some head coaches just have damn good common sense, and that's how I think of Dumbo. Not sure who the guy is, but Elliot needs to go one way or another. The OL has been abysmal this year.

Yeah, for a long time. Thought he had retired from Lexington High a few years ago.
Hey I remember him. Came from Independence High in Charlotte, brought Chip Ferguson with him, big stink about it. Chip went on to play at FSU.

If anyone had ever seen Sitterlie's teams play they would know what I am talking about. Now he isn't exactly an engaging personality, but one heck of a football coach. Rumor was that Holtz was interested in hiring him as OL coach during his tenure.

There is a guy with South Carolina connections in the college game that would also be excellent. Clay Hendrix. Played, and coached, OL at Furman during their glory years, then left for his current gig at Air Force. Maybe pure coincidence, but the slide from the elite in 1AA at Furman coincided with his leaving. Excellent offensive line coach.

Reactions: andypants
What about Jonathan Goodwin, Columbia ties, played Oline in The league and won a Super Bowl as Drew Bree's Center. Brother is also a coach with the Arizona Cardinals. Retired from the league and is now living in Columbia.

What about Nolan Ryan? He could throw a "no hitter" just like Sean Elliot's guys now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT