ADVERTISEMENT

If Spurrier wants to stay Tanner needs to do this

IBETHEONE

Jun 1, 2008
Hire a top Defensive Coordinator and a top offensive coordinator. They can fire all coaches they deem needing to be replaced and given a budget like Clemson did.

Obviously the money comes out of Spurrier and his families kitty. They don't like to work.

Should Tanner not man up and fix this situation note that Texas has already fired their AD.

Hire a top Defensive Coordinator and a top offensive coordinator. They can fire all coaches they deem needing to be replaced and given a budget like Clemson did.

Obviously the money comes out of Spurrier and his families kitty. They don't like to work.

Should Tanner not man up and fix this situation note that Texas has already fired their AD.
Well, there is this matter of Contracts.
I wish I could read it. But there must not be anything in there about a Performance Clause. If there were, it should have already been enforced. This same o same o has been going on for generations, and I have seldom seen anything that remotely resembles a Performance requirement. We must not have any lawyer Grads we can get to write a Contract in favor of the School, AND the Fans. We always get the short end of the stick.

I'm with you on this. These are the bare minimum of changes that need to be made. It would be helpful if the future OC & DC knew of each other a little. You want guys who will work together & understand each other's tendencies. That's important too

I agree with this 100%. Excellent idea.

So basically you're saying that Tanner should fire SOS because we know SOS wouldn't accept an offensive coordinator, especially one with any real autonomy.

So basically you're saying that Tanner should fire SOS because we know SOS wouldn't accept an offensive coordinator, especially one with any real autonomy.
He should retire. When you are doing so bad a job We are talking about hiring somebody to do it for you can't dictate. He has not had a good offense here, just good enough to win with a good defense which he says he doesn't mess with.

It's not going to fix it even if he did a complete overhaul. This is a "Spurrier is too old" mess that he himself elevated with his remarks. Him being here doesn't solve anything....the recruits might get better coaching but the recruits will be of a lesser group. This is a rare damn if you do...and damn if you do again.....

Sorry, but I don't like the entire attitude or effort from Spurrier. It's just not going to work.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT