ADVERTISEMENT

If UF wins CWS is....

Cocky_11

Jan 31, 2014
O'Sullivan out as possible choice or is it that bad over there in Gainesville?

Because you are assuming his candidate is in Omaha. Who really knows?
obviously he is waiting to talk to someone out there..No one knows exactly who has and or has not interviewed...But there is no point of delay, if he has talked to his top candidate..I refuse to believe he did not have a very short list before the Holbrook era was ended...

Reactions: IrmoRed
Given Tanner's baseball knowledge, I hope he could put together a short list quickly. Hiring a South Carolina baseball coach ought to be as easy as hiring an Alabama football coach. If Tanner misses on hiring a baseball coach, I would be very concerned about his ability to continue as athletic director.

Go Gamecocks! Go Coach Tanner!

SC 95

Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky
Given Tanner's baseball knowledge, I hope he could put together a short list quickly. Hiring a South Carolina baseball coach ought to be as easy as hiring an Alabama football coach. If Tanner misses on hiring a baseball coach, I would be very concerned about his ability to continue as athletic director.

SC 95

I agree.

Because you are assuming his candidate is in Omaha. Who really knows?

Why else be waiting around. I have seen this before with him. He waited too long in the football search and missed on his first 3 candidates. I love the one we got in the end, but I do not think it was handled well.

Reactions: 67gamecock
I'd consider him as a candidate at that point. Up to this point he has underachieved

SC 95

Let's not forget that Tanner hired Holbrook, so even a proven coach like Tanner can miss.

Reactions: sadd66

SC 95

He swung and missed on the first baseball coach he hired.

Let's not forget that Tanner hired Holbrook, so even a proven coach like Tanner can miss.

I agree. It is hard to hire the right people, and a lot of successful athletic directors make poor hiring decisions. Still, I will be disappointed if Tanner strikes out on two consecutive at-bats.

I believe Tanner will hire a quality coach, and I am anxious to find out who it will be.

Go Gamecocks!

SC 95

Reactions: sadd66
If the candidate is not in Omaha, then why would he wait? That's the football hiring debacle all over again.
wow, you guys always think the worst....i know life as a gamecock fan, but holy crap,yall need to chill out....personally i think rt is doing just fine as ad.....every coach we have is happier than a dog with 2 dicks....that also is on rt....

I agree. It is hard to hire the right people, and a lot of successful athletic directors make poor hiring decisions. Still, I will be disappointed if Tanner strikes out on two consecutive at-bats.

I believe Tanner will hire a quality coach, and I am anxious to find out who it will be.

Go Gamecocks!

SC 95

I certainly hope that he does and I'm with you, I think that he will.

Florida guy would be good, but I don't think it's him. Heard Ray is back in town now, which tells me he probably at least has some interviews or conversations with candidates who may not be in Omaha. Of course there still may be some candidates in Omaha.

As for swinging and missing.... give Ray a break. Just about everyone in the baseball world thought the HOlbrook hire was a slam dunk at the time of the hire. Hindsight is 20/20, but it was the right call at the time. I know a lot of other places wanted him back then too.

Florida guy would be good, but I don't think it's him. Heard Ray is back in town now, which tells me he probably at least has some interviews or conversations with candidates who may not be in Omaha. Of course there still may be some candidates in Omaha.

As for swinging and missing.... give Ray a break. Just about everyone in the baseball world thought the Holbrook hire was a slam dunk at the time of the hire. Hindsight is 20/20, but it was the right call at the time. I know a lot of other places wanted him back then too.

IMO, Ray is back in Cola because he has work to do (hiring a new baseball coach is just one of his tasks, and he probably has fulfilled his duties on the host committee). Plus, I'm sure he wants to see his family too.:)

Regarding the second paragraph, I agree with you 100%.

Reactions: bchav307
He isn't throwing me off guard. I still remember the search for a football coach he stubbed his toe on. It would throw me off if he was perusing proven head coaches
How did he stub his toe?

Reactions: 92Pony
Hard to disagree with that. They lost 4 games. If UF gets there unbeaten I would be willing to take my chances with Faedo and Singer.

As for swinging and missing.... give Ray a break. Just about everyone in the baseball world thought the HOlbrook hire was a slam dunk at the time of the hire. Hindsight is 20/20, but it was the right call at the time. I know a lot of other places wanted him back then too.
That's right. The jack-leg element is conveniently forgetting what they thought of the hire when it was made. At the time, it made perfect sense.

Reactions: bchav307
Had all his eggs in the Herman basket. You really think Muschamp was at the top of any major schools list? Now, I do think he will work out but at the time no one would touch him
i think he was exactly what we needed.....as for the way it went down, there are schools that are considered better jobs than ours, and their hand was forced ....i dont think we ever had a chance at Herman and personally i am glad...when other schools got an itchy trigger finger, rt did the right thing by waiting it out...and i think we will all be glad he did....

Remember when we were asking the same questions and ended up with Muschamp? Yea me too. I don't expect much. I expect how I felt when Dave Odom and Boom were hired. Huh??

i think he was exactly what we needed.....as for the way it went down, there are schools that are considered better jobs than ours, and their hand was forced ....i dont think we ever had a chance at Herman and personally i am glad...when other schools got an itchy trigger finger, rt did the right thing by waiting it out...and i think we will all be glad he did....

I hope so. And I hope the Fire breathing Muschamp shows up on our sidelines

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT