ADVERTISEMENT

I'm going with Monte Lee... w/Toman as an assistant.

Lucas_Jackson

Jul 18, 2007
No inside sources... just a feeling.

I heard Tanner say on TV that they would like to hire someone with ties to the university, but it was not a requirement.

I thought that was pretty interesting... why even bring it up?

Monte has been very careful to never rule it out...using the normal coach speak: "I'm happy at Clemson", "I am planning on being here a while", etc.

If O'Sullivan is willing to listen, Tanner will give that a shot first, but I can't see it working out.

Monte does not have the resume as a head coach I'd like to see, but obviously Ray thinks VERY highly of him, so I'll trust his judgement. I've never heard of anyone that did not like and respect Monte.

Hiring him would be kind of a slap in Clemson's face as well, a nice side benefit. Why would anyone in their right mind leave that wonderful family in the hills????

He won the first series and we pi$$ed the last one away. Isn't that how it works in clemsuck it don't count if you were supposed to win.

Not that I want to see Monte hired but it would be a slap in the face to Clemson and make em think twice about hiring a former coach of ours.

Because it's looking more and more like this Kingston guy is going to be named in the next couple days.
I agree. Just wondering cause some act like they know more than everyone else when they don't. Guess it's just an inferiority complex

I agree. Just wondering cause some act like they know more than everyone else when they don't. Guess it's just an inferiority complex
I generally preface my posts saying it's just my opinion. Sorry

Not that I want to see Monte hired but it would be a slap in the face to Clemson and make em think twice about hiring a former coach of ours.
He would be here had CH left earlier. He left COC for a better offer that presented at that moment. He had no clue when/if Holbrook would leave SC.

No inside sources... just a feeling.

I heard Tanner say on TV that they would like to hire someone with ties to the university, but it was not a requirement.

I thought that was pretty interesting... why even bring it up?

Monte has been very careful to never rule it out...using the normal coach speak: "I'm happy at Clemson", "I am planning on being here a while", etc.

If O'Sullivan is willing to listen, Tanner will give that a shot first, but I can't see it working out.

Monte does not have the resume as a head coach I'd like to see, but obviously Ray thinks VERY highly of him, so I'll trust his judgement. I've never heard of anyone that did not like and respect Monte.

Hiring him would be kind of a slap in Clemson's face as well, a nice side benefit. Why would anyone in their right mind leave that wonderful family in the hills????
Will Elton Pollock still be bullpen catcher?:p

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT