ADVERTISEMENT

Im reading on twitter. Cortes because of his age is draft eligible after next year

Think about it this way, we only had Braden Webb for a year. And we were lucky to get Cortes in school period.

Last edited:
Reactions: sclawman77
Hope he sticks around long enough for us to put a better team around him; kid is a stud

That's why the OP said AFTER next year.
The OP and entire thread is speaking as if he will only be here 1 more year, which is not the case. He cannot be drafted until after the 2019 season because of when his birthday falls. He will not be 21 at the time of the draft so his age is a moot point with regard to the 2018 draft.

The OP and entire thread is speaking as if he will only be here 1 more year, which is not the case. He cannot be drafted until after the 2019 season because of when his birthday falls. He will not be 21 at the time of the draft so his age is a moot point with regard to the 2018 draft.

Leave to USCBatgirl21 straighten out the boys with baseball knowledge...:)

Reactions: sadd66 and jeff2001
I am not sure who is correct but his birthday is June 30, 1997. That would make him eligible on June 30, 2018 which is before the 2018 draft, which is usually in July.

i don't ever recall a July draft.
This years draft is June 12-14 which sounds about right, I always remember players getting drafted while still playing in the CWS.
Assuming that holds true to form, the draft should be ahead of his birthday.

Reactions: rogue cock
That is a good thing. What I do know is the players have until August 15 to sign. Does that mean he could still be drafted since he will be 21 by the signing date ?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT