ADVERTISEMENT

"I'm traditionally a big Clemson guy"...

Memphis Cock

Oct 6, 2001
I posted this yesterday on TIF... thought I'd share here to spur some additional conversation:

"I'm more than pleased," Parks said. "I'm traditionally a big Clemson guy and everybody knows that that knows me, but those guys have got me on the fence. I'm about ready to convert and wave a garnet and black flag."- Perry Parks, Damani Staley's coach

The work of Muschamp & Company continues to amaze. They are winning the hearts and minds of the In-State HS coaches who have not traditionally favored USC. Our staff will not be outworked by anyone on the recruiting trail.. Especially in the State of SC. This is just the beginning of good things to come.

Clemson is looking more at out of state players this cycle and probably next. They aren't giving out many real offers in state. It's a chance to win back some of these high schools or at least get a foothold. I think Clemson believes they can come back and get most anyone in the state they want. It's up to USC to change that. But Clemson definitely thinks of themselves as a regional recruiting power, if not national.

Winning has consequences/advantages. Get who you can, "coach em up", and win games.

Take any words out of this coach's mouth with a grain of salt. He loves a microphone & camera as much as one Dabo's Weenie.

Clemson is looking more at out of state players this cycle and probably next. They aren't giving out many real offers in state. It's a chance to win back some of these high schools or at least get a foothold. I think Clemson believes they can come back and get most anyone in the state they want. It's up to USC to change that. But Clemson definitely thinks of themselves as a regional recruiting power, if not national.

Definitely an interesting dynamic.... It does appear that Clemson has their sights set on a much bigger target area than the state. It remains to be seen if that will turn the HS coaches off some. Either way, it will certainly help USC with in state recruiting targets.

Definitely an interesting dynamic.... It does appear that Clemson has their sights set on a much bigger target area than the state. It remains to be seen if that will turn the HS coaches off some. Either way, it will certainly help USC with in state recruiting targets.

Both schools have to get players from out of state to compete. Just check USC's 2016 signing class - 6 in-state and 20 out-of-state. Clemson was 4 and 17.

Both schools have to get players from out of state to compete. Just check USC's 2016 signing class - 6 in-state and 20 out-of-state. Clemson was 4 and 17.
...and there are probably half a dozen more that were the under-the-radar type kids from SC in that class that will blossom into big time players. Those are the type kids that need to be identified by our staff. I'd rather see us take a flyer on an in-State kid than some marginal prospect from another State.

Do they? I realize I am making a very theoretical argument, but let's assume that we get all the best in-state payers every year, and Clemson builds a team using out-of-state players. Here goes:

There were 47 South Carolina natives on NFL rosters opening day of the 2015 season. The average NFL career 1s just under 6 six years for players who make opening rosters according to the NFL players association. Therefore, SC sends an average of 8 players to the NFL each year.

So, if we had 8 future NFL players in each recruiting class, we would theoretically have 32 NFL caliber players on each team!

Of course, we will never get every great SC player in every class but - the point is- you can build an excellent team by focusing on the home front

Reactions: Memphis Cock
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT