ADVERTISEMENT

In Charleston right now

The Wreck but bring cash...

If you are looking for something with a little more actual flooring, head to Shem Creek just across the bridge. Many restaurant options there and outdoor dining available as well. Anyone know if Shem Creek Bar & Grill still open? Their food used to be great but it’s been years since I’ve been there. I visited Red’s most often because the bar. RB’s was good too.

We used to go to the Isle of Palms every summer, but now go in the fall when it's cooler and much less crowded. We like the Acme Low Country Kitchen on the Isle of Palms, but it will be crowded just like any other Charleston restaurant this time of year.

I heard the same in regards to how good they are! Have yet to hit them as of yet. Maybe the next time I'm down that way in a few weeks.

Y'all got any shareable experiences there?? Just curious. No biggie.
My parents have been going since they opened. My wife is also a big fan. You can actually get good veggies. Be warned though, they only serve brunch on Sat and Sun I believe (my wife found this out today)

Reactions: fire ant
I heard the same in regards to how good they are! Have yet to hit them as of yet. Maybe the next time I'm down that way in a few weeks.

Y'all got any shareable experiences there?? Just curious. No biggie.
Shrimp and grits...so good you will want to slap your mama

The Wreck but bring cash...

If you are looking for something with a little more actual flooring, head to Shem Creek just across the bridge. Many restaurant options there and outdoor dining available as well. Anyone know if Shem Creek Bar & Grill still open? Their food used to be great but it’s been years since I’ve been there. I visited Red’s most often because the bar. RB’s was good too.
Sullivan's Restaurant on Sullivan's Island is very good. Family owned and operated, best seafood I've had in that area in a long time. Call ahead to make a reservation.

The Boathouse used to be good. That still around?
It was a little hit and miss a couple years ago (maybe we just hit it on a bad day) last few times have been good. Lobster tails, stone ground grits and greens. Mmmm. Be sure to make a reservation though.

Yep, the lobster tail and crabcake special is awesome. This is where many of us locals eat.

Reactions: ClemDent
The smoked Gouda Mac n cheese was awesome. They changed it a bit in the time I was there though.

New He said reasonable. A place that sells fried chicken for $24 and grits as a $5 side is not reasonable.

And I said...The best seafood is Hank’s. You shouldn’t bother with many Downtown Restaurants, unless you can afford to eat there.

Page’s Okra Grill is very good...and reasonable.

Reactions: ClemDent
And I said...The best seafood is Hank’s. You shouldn’t bother with many Downtown Restaurants, unless you can afford to eat there.

Page’s Okra Grill is very good...and reasonable.
Page's isn't open past 2 on Sunday and isn't downtown. So still you've brought nothing to the table.

Page's isn't open past 2 on Sunday and isn't downtown. So still you've brought nothing to the table.

I brought “facts” to the table...Dumbass. Did I say anything about their schedule? Some of the individuals in this forum...give it a bad name. People like you are an embarrassment to the site. I wasn’t even responding to the OP...I was responding to Bayrooster. Try to follow, if possible?

I brought “facts” to the table...Dumbass. Did I say anything about their schedule? Some of the individuals in this forum...give it a bad name. People like you are an embarrassment to the site. I wasn’t even responding to the OP...I was responding to Bayrooster. Try to follow, if possible?
Then quote the person you're responding to rocket scientist.

A nice little hidden Gem is Glass Onion is west Ashley which is right next to Swig and Swine . Both are excellent . I love Bowen’s Island also but keep it mind .... they don’t have oysters (only fried) this time of year and it is hot as hell in there during the summertime . It’s a really awesome fall spot when the weather cools off . So many amazing restaurants in Charleston you really can’t go wrong .

Reactions: USCBatgirl21
For seafood, I'm surprised no one endorsed Hyman's. I've only been there once, but I enjoyed it. There were also a lot of other people there enjoying it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT