ADVERTISEMENT

In defends of Roper......

Look like Roper is gone according to Twitter.
Let the FGF party begin.
group-dancing.gif

Reactions: HI Cock
Dabo was ruthless. His coaches didn't produce, he fired them and Clemson paid the money. Hell, they won the conference and went to the Orange Bowl and he fired a coordinator.
Because allowing 4YPC is "Winning football."
When your D coordinator is giving shit answers like that at press conferences, you HAVE to let them go.

Because allowing 4YPC is "Winning football."
When your D coordinator is giving shit answers like that at press conferences, you HAVE to let them go.
See, I'm more into quantifiable metrics, not their post game quotes. Steele is a damn good coach.

Scott Frost inherited a team that went 0-12 and has them 12-0 in two years. Just saying, going from 3 wins to 6 to 8 is nice and all but it's not the miracle some make it out to be. As for the rest of your post, it's not even worth responding to.
So much for that saying that a lot of posters swear by-ya gotta win in order to recruit.
He sounds like a miracle worker.

Words from Muschamp “After much deliberation, I have decided to go in a different direction with the offensive coordinator position on our football team,” Muschamp said in a statement. “We appreciate Kurt’s contributions to our program and to the University and wish him all the best.”

Reactions: rogue cock
Great offensive mind can use the pieces he has to create results. Champ and TRob knows the secondary isn’t getting drafted anytime soon so they use bend don’t break approach. Don’t fit the square peg into the round hole. Mold the peg to fit. That’s why Your paid $750k per year.

EXACTLY!

1. Still a lot of young players
2. Key injuries
3. Bentley over throws. A lot of perfectly set up plays Bentley missed on.
4. Not many 3 and outs by the D to get the ball back in the O hands.

2. Key injuries
4. Not many 3 and outs by the D to get the ball back in the O hands
5. Muschamp wanted Roper to run a low risk offense so that we would have a chance of winning the turnover stats - and thus win games with defense. I think that there is a reason that several OCs have failed under Muschamp.

Reactions: rogue cock
Muschamp needs to spend whatever money is needed to get himself a good OC. Then get out of the way and let the guy do his job. Pretty sure he put some restrictions on Roper as he wanted to play slow and make things a defensive contest. And much of that may have had to do with lack of depth that would allow you to play an up tempo game. But he did the same thing at Florida with talent. So who knows what he may do. But he needs to tell the new guy to go score points and get out of the way

2. Key injuries
5. Muschamp wanted Roper to run a low risk offense so that we would have a chance of winning the turnover stats - and thus win games with defense. I think that there is a reason that several OCs have failed under Muschamp.

Throwing the ball out your own end zone in a 0-0 game against the #1 team in the country is your idea of "low risk"?

Throwing the ball out your own end zone in a 0-0 game against the #1 team in the country is your idea of "low risk"?
And if we ran the ball 3 times up the middle. You would be saying we're not playing to win.

I would argue differently. "Proven" coaches come in and make a drastic change. Maybe they bolt in 2-3 years but change nonetheless. We dont have that.
some coaches come in and win with someone elses players but cant keep it going....some struggle till they get the players for their system......so you want someone who bolts in 2 or 3 yrs?

Hard to pad your YAC when 1st down is always a run up the middle into the pile. No off tackle, no sweeps, no draws, just straight ahead into the pile. Also, hope our next OC has the sense not to run a 3rd or 4th down and 1 from the shotgun (failed time after time after time). In 35+ years of watching Gamecock football, I don't think I've ever seen this bad of a running offense as the last couple of years. (Could be wrong, but nothing comes to mind). I'm really hoping that the next OC will get us away from this dink and dunk offense like UNC and Duke. These short throw offenses are extremely BORING.
you do realize that if they run straight into the pile that it means that the rb misread it?

Last game of the season as a big underdog. Standard operating procedure is departed from

some coaches come in and win with someone elses players but cant keep it going....some struggle till they get the players for their system......so you want someone who bolts in 2 or 3 yrs?
Doesn't seem to be bothering programs like UCF. Frost stayed there a couple years and left and they didn't sit around and cry, they went out and got Heupel who many on here wanted for OC. If a coach bolts then you replace them with someone just as good or better. One of these days USC will eventually learn that.

2. Key injuries

Well we'll see I guess. Take a few years to play out, whether for good or bad. I have a feeling though, that the coaching community is totally in the know about how things are actually run by Muschamp, whether our fan speculation is right or wrong.

Thinking that this gig may not be that easy to fill with a crackerjack candidate. If we get an up and comer like this Brian Wright guy it will be because he can't pass up a big pay rase and a chance to be OC (in theory) at a P5 school.

But an established guy at Oklahoma State or something wouldn't touch this job if Muschamp actually does come up with the offensive game plan.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT