ADVERTISEMENT

In Durham last night.

gamecockox

Sep 20, 2007
I am a bi-vocational pastor who also works security. For five years I worked on Duke's Campuses. I work for a different company now but work sometimes at an apartment just off campus that is occupied by students in graduate programs. Last night I was stationed there. My main duties there is to sit in the Lobby ..with a tv ...so I got to watch most of the game missing only the very beginning of each half due to rounds. The lobby is connected to the club house and a bunch of the kids showed up in their regalia to watch the game and party. It was funny they had no idea I was a gamecock fan. In the first half they were making the usual jokes about our nickname and having a good time. When I got back from my rounds right after half before I saw the score I knew it had tightened up by their body language. It was priceless watching them the rest of the game. As the game proceeded, I must have gotten louder. One student finally asked are you a tarheel fan..I simply pulled out my gamecock wallet...to which he said "oh". At the end they all proceeded out looking like someone had stolen their lollipop...the one said congrats. To watch us advance was sweet...to do it Durham was special.

I am a bi-vocational pastor who also works security. For five years I worked on Duke's Campuses. I work for a different company now but work sometimes at an apartment just off campus that is occupied by students in graduate programs. Last night I was stationed there. My main duties there is to sit in the Lobby ..with a tv ...so I got to watch most of the game missing only the very beginning of each half due to rounds. The lobby is connected to the club house and a bunch of the kids showed up in their regalia to watch the game and party. It was funny they had no idea I was a gamecock fan. In the first half they were making the usual jokes about our nickname and having a good time. When I got back from my rounds right after half before I saw the score I knew it had tightened up by their body language. It was priceless watching them the rest of the game. As the game proceeded, I must have gotten louder. One student finally asked are you a tarheel fan..I simply pulled out my gamecock wallet...to which he said "oh". At the end they all proceeded out looking like someone had stolen their lollipop...the one said congrats. To watch us advance was sweet...to do it Durham was special.

I've been there, Durham that is. You deserve a medal for valor.

I have been to Durham many times. The amount of liberal bumper stickers is obvious that I'm not in SC anymore. I wonder where coach k lives because a lot of the city is sketchy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT