ADVERTISEMENT

In sports, what are you sick of hearing about ?...GO !!!!!

Fill-in-the-blank "NATION". I hate that expression.
"Set the edge"
"Score the basketball"
Dick Vitale
Calling the football defense "Cover-whatever" and not explaining it. Often, the TV guys are wrong about that.

Also sick of Sandstorm, Seven Nation Army and that other techno BS song that gets played everywhere but SC.

Last edited:
Toughness, leadership, heart, determination, growth, maturity, etc., etc.,

You have to really dig around to find coverage and analysts who describe what's really happening in the field of play. Anyone who always reverts to those buzz words either doesn't know what's going on, or is just too lazy to really describe it and talk about it. It also bugs me that everyone will let coaches get away with talking about those ideas, rather than looking at the tangible decisions they make before and during the games that impact the wins and losses.

"Hold the edge"
"Score the basketball"
Dick Vitale
Calling the football defense "Cover-whatever" and not explaining it. Often, the TV guys are wrong about that.

Also sick of Sandstorm, Seven Nation Army and that other techno BS song that gets played everywhere but SC.

I actually like Vitale. Otherwise good list.

I'm sick of recruiting rankings and facility rankings and all that ballyoo bs.

Professional players using their stardom to given political opinions as if they are experts.

Yes, they obviously are entitled to an opinion but do you honestly think they truly grasp the complex problems they are throwing their weight behind?
That Parks, Recreation and Tourism Management degree definetly prepapred them to push a platform on law enforcement changes.

Professional players using their stardom to given political opinions as if they are experts.

Yes, they obviously are entitled to an opinion but do you honestly think they truly grasp the complex problems they are throwing their weight behind?
That Parks, Recreation and Tourism Management degree definetly prepapred them to push a platform on law enforcement changes.

Not saying you are wrong, but you could say the same about people on this very board when it comes to giving opinions about Gamecock sports and how they should be operated

I hate debates about what team or player is the best ever. 24 hour sports TV has really affected the way people discuss sports. People love to be the first to predict something.

Trips to the...
Stephen A Smith and Max Kellerman (First Take)
Paul Finebaum
College Gameday - particularly Corso (I feel a little sorry for him, he should NOT be doing anything but sunning himself by a pool somewhere).

"Hold the edge"
"Score the basketball"
Dick Vitale

Anen on the "Nation" thing. It has spread into other aspects of society besides sports.
Just roll my eyes when i hear it.

Reactions: TheReelEss and nc38
I'm sick of the word "GREAT" in sports. There are no more good players or good calls now they're all great. It's the most over used word in sports.

And that transcends sports: "Great", "Perfect", "Awesome."

When bored beyond comprehension, we will turn to HGTV and one of those cookie-cutter home improvement shows and take bets on how many times they say the aforementioned as well as the millennial-favorite "Space."

Collectively, it can exceed 50+ in a 30-minute show.

1. Duke
2. Zion
3. Patriots
4. The ‘Lawrences (Trevor & Dexter)...are they a couple?
5. Bama (not heating much anymore)
6. Frank can’t coach, recruit or act nice to players.
7. Sports talk sucks, even if it does.
8. ‘Hamberders’ at WH
9. Government shutdown
10. The ‘Wall’

Distant...........Second Place to Bat Girls response:

Lebron, NBA, others in the NBA not called Lebron, where they are going to play next year.
NFL & NBA tanking (on purpose)
The Gov't shutdown
Tiger's comeback (again)
Volvik golfballs
the next avenger film

Reactions: Brace1 and Quisp
statistics - especially the probability of winning number that they show all the time and make big hay out of "with 4 seconds left the probability was __ , with 2 seconds left, it was __ "

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT