ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting Theory

Dec 24, 2018
I honestly think Ray is such an egomaniac he does not want our 2 major men's sports to be contenders. He doesn't want anybody to outshine his 2 titles. Being good at women's sports is not a threat to him because nobody cares if they are being honest. Thoughts?

I honestly think Ray is such an egomaniac he does not want our 2 major men's sports to be contenders. He doesn't want anybody to outshine his 2 titles. Being good at women's sports is not a threat to him because nobody cares if they are being honest. Thoughts?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!! That’s the dumbest thing I’ve read on here, and that’s saying a lot.

I've heard same theory on 2 radio shows and handful of print articles. I think this quote is pretty telling from Ray himself. I am surprised it did not get as much attention.
"I mean it is nice to be recognized as the only man to win a men's title in the big 3 sports. And you know I did it twice, and almost a third time. It's my greatest accomplishment and hopefully one I will keep here at the University for a long time. Sometimes it's great to sit on top of the mountain alone"

Surely he is not a man like that.

It really doesn't matter what I think the facts are Ray Tanner needs to be run out of town. He is not a very smart man a good baseball coach but it ends there. Sorry if it upsets you. Said the same thing about Darrin Horn a year before he was actually fired and got bashed for it. If it were up to some of you fat Heinz ketchup more chins than wins Brad Scott would still be the coach

Get some help dude! Your frustration has made you irrational.

Reactions: PC31
Get some help dude! Your frustration has made you irrational.

I don't need any help I need a competitive football program. I could tolerate us sucking until Clemtech took it to a whole new level. I am going to the game tomorrow and hope we pull off a miracle. I will eat crow if that happens. Honestly though us beating Clemson would be the worst thing that could happen to the program. Everybody needs to go and I lived through the fat Brad era in college.

Yep. As they say “ don’t do drugs”

Reactions: PC31
I don’t really think that’s what Tanner is doing but I applaud you for being a believer in the effort to throw Tanner out of town with his two trophies.
Those titles don’t mean crap now. He has destroyed football and basketball at USC.
Always look forward. Never dwell in past achievements.

Yeah I read that one in a couple hours read a lot of books. Been awhile since I read that book or since I have encountered such a low IQ individual as yourself. Napkins should have been by your parents bed. Did I spell all that right?

Never thought it about the other sports, totally think it about baseball, so I guess I am dumb. Yeah, Holbrook seemed like the logical choice, but for all of football’s shortcomings as to why we can’t get a top coach, baseball is the complete opposite, and there’s no reason someone like Sully isn’t here instead of CMK. None.

Never heard that quote before, but that’s pretty interesting if true.

I think he just messed up with large buyouts for the football and BB coaches that are beyond what the market demands for their respective employability with another team. Their performance does not match the buyout so we are stuck with underperforming coaches that no other team is interested in.

I don't buy Tanner having a sinister motive which led him to intentionally strive for mediocrity. First, I don't think he has the smarts to keep that many plates spinning. Second, the simplest explanation is that Ray is a bad AD.

Reactions: Nmbrtwn
I'm calling you a troll based on your post history.

Yeah I have actually been under a couple different handles but I always get banned when I call for firing coaches a year ahead of schedule. Doesn't really matter to me honestly I'm as big of a gamecock fan there is and I'm sick of being terrible.

I will be there tomorrow because I work right next to the stadium and friends are in town I hope for a miracle I would love to be wrong and paint cola red with debauchery.

Yeah I have actually been under a couple different handles but I always get banned when I call for firing coaches a year ahead of schedule. Doesn't really matter to me honestly I'm as big of a gamecock fan there is and I'm sick of being terrible.

Wrong. There are multiple threads on the insiders forum calling for coaches to be fired every week. That doesn't get you banned from this site.

Wrong. There are multiple threads on the insiders forum calling for coaches to be fired every week. That doesn't get you banned from this site.

Wrong I have gotten in trouble because people like you need to be set straight and I was too ruthless. Trying to not do it again but you are testing me littletom

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT