ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting thread on the LSU board about the attendance for this game...

colacock#

Nov 19, 1998
Apparently they are only expecting between 50,000 and 70,000 for this game...this in a stadium that seats over 100,000. They said that 2 of the upper decks are going to be closed off. I expected it to be full, but I guess not. And yes, I realize this is all short notice and most people make plans for football games weeks or months in advance.

I think this projection is way off. I heard about them having certain areas of the stadium closed off but also read that if more fans show up than expected that they would open those seating areas back up. LSU is doing well & is undefeated. I don't see how their stadium isn't at least 80% full, especially when their fans know they're facing a team that can't stop the run plus Fournette will most likely continue his streak of 200+ yards a game. That stadium will probably be packed.

I think this projection is way off. I heard about them having certain areas of the stadium closed off but also read that if more fans show up than expected that they would open those seating areas back up. LSU is doing well & is undefeated. I don't see how their stadium isn't at least 80% full, especially when their fans know they're facing a team that can't stop the run plus Fournette will most likely continue his streak of 200+ yards a game. That stadium will probably be packed.
they can only sell the amount that is allotted, right? I assume they wouldn't put 100k tickets up for sale would they?

they can only sell the amount that is allotted, right? I assume they wouldn't put 100k tickets up for sale would they?
Well you've got a point there so I assume many folks will try to purchase the day of the game. They have a potential heisman winner on their team. I have a hard time believing their fans won't show up to watch him in action.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT