ADVERTISEMENT

Is A&M going after TRob for DC?

The only reason I can see him going with Jimbo is money. A&M didn't give Jimbo a 75m contract and then get cheap when it comes to hiring his assistants. If it comes down to a money issue SC can't match A&M.
Very true. However, his bread and butter recruiting is the Southeast and I don't see him leaving Muschamp for Fisher.

Very true. However, his bread and butter recruiting is the Southeast and I don't see him leaving Muschamp for Fisher.

Muschamp gave him his big break and he might remain loyal to him, I don't know what he is making now, but A&M was paying Chief between 1.3 and 1.5m a year, after what they did for Jimbo I would guess they would at least match that if he was Jimbo's guy. Having a strong presence in the Southeast is probably one of Jimbo's goals. But I would still be a little surprised if he left.

Reactions: jackrabbit slim
How much are they paying the so-called offensive coordinator they just hired? Jimbo runs the offense so they may splurge for a defensive coordinator. If so it’d be hard to turn down $1.5mil plus. Assuming they are willing to go that high

Does he leave Muschamp for Jimbo in a lateral move?

If a&m wants Robinson he might stay because he doesn't want to make a move after only 2 years at sc
On paper it's a lateral move ... In reality It's an upward move for Robinson .. A&M is a better program

"I made a decision where I want to be and I am where I want to be and with who I want to be with. ... I made a decision I thought was best for me.

I've got a history with Will, I've known Will since he was a high school senior and I believe in Will, I believe in what he stands for. I don't have any thinking about it, I know we're going to do a good job here."

T-Rob (January 2016)

Reactions: rogue cock
How much are they paying the so-called offensive coordinator they just hired? Jimbo runs the offense so they may splurge for a defensive coordinator. If so it’d be hard to turn down $1.5mil plus. Assuming they are willing to go that high

No idea, but they have spent half a Billion on improvements, grossly overpaid Jimbo so they are going all in to get to the top of the west.

Gonna pluck Mel Tucker from UGA after playoff run for dawgs.

That would make much more sense and could happen. If it does, Kirby will name Glenn Schumann DC who actually does the gameplan and hire some young coach with a reputation for recruiting and bring him in.

"I made a decision where I want to be and I am where I want to be and with who I want to be with. ... I made a decision I thought was best for me.

I've got a history with Will, I've known Will since he was a high school senior and I believe in Will, I believe in what he stands for. I don't have any thinking about it, I know we're going to do a good job here."

T-Rob (January 2016)

Nothing like a few million to change that way of thinking.

If a&m wants Robinson he might stay because he doesn't want to make a move after only 2 years at sc
On paper it's a lateral move ... In reality It's an upward move for Robinson .. A&M is a better program

If he stays, it won’t be b/c he has only been at SC for two years. In that profession, nobody cares about how long you have been there. A&M would be a huge salary boost but so will the expectations and stress.

Not sure if it matters but he is under contract through next year.

Yeah, they want him but so do we. I'm sure we'll do what it takes to keep him

If he stays, it won’t be b/c he has only been at SC for two years. In that profession, nobody cares about how long you have been there. A&M would be a huge salary boost but so will the expectations and stress.

its not a question of " nobody cares" sure schools dont care, thats a no brainer......it might be about what i said HE might not want to move .... not wanting to uproot your family after 2 years
.................thats the only reasons why i could see him staying...as i said, A&M is a better job

Last edited:
The only reason I can see him going with Jimbo is money. A&M didn't give Jimbo a 75m contract and then get cheap when it comes to hiring his assistants. If it comes down to a money issue SC can't match A&M.

I agree. Without looking at money it is a lateral, but if they offer triple his current salary, that makes it not lateral.

its not a question of " nobody cares" sure schools dont care, thats a no brainer......it might be about what i said HE might not want to move .... not wanting to uproot your family after 2 years
.................thats the only reasons why i could see him staying...as i said, A&M is a better job

That is the tough part about a better Job, for sure it would be more money, and College Station is a nice place to live. The stress and expectations are the tough thing to gauge.

I personally don’t think things are going to go as well as Jimbo thinks they will at A&M. If you look at his record at FSU it was really good but started to slip a little over the last few years and fell off a Cliff this year. Jimbo had a lot of success when his two biggest rivals, UF and UM were in major ruts. There were a whole host of reasons why he left, but i think he knew the road was getting much harder at FSU.

It won’t be easy at A&M, he is going to have to compete against a resurgent Texas program as well as new Arky with some buzz, LSU, OU and others that dip into Texas. When you pay the kind of money A&M did, there just are no excuses and that roster while talented isn’t better than some of the afore mentioned rosters.

Texas High School 7on7 style football is not Pro Stlye football and that is what Jimbo runs. The roster on offense at A&M is not a pro style roster. I think Jimbo is going to struggle to get the same level of talent he has gotten in the past out of FL inTexas.

Bold Predictiction - Jimbo’s seat will be hot by year 3. A&M will be stuck with him because of the stupid guaranteed contract and won’t kick him to the curb until after year 5 and even then they will have to pay him $15 MM to leave.

The talk of TRob going to Am bothers me because you hear nothing about him jumping ship. I think both sides are keeping quite and TRob will go to AM
....or it means nothing is happening on that front and one is too busy preparing for a bowl game and recruiting.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT