ADVERTISEMENT

Is CockyTalk dead for good?

I agree. They had a couple of mods over there that were just dumb.
They sure had rather obvious bias towards the Tennessee fans over there too for whatever reason. They were best of friends for some reason and could run down USC anytime they wanted. But don’t you dare say anything or stick up for your school or you got gone. Ask me how I know.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
my reason for my ban, told a guy "to go eat a D**k" bc he was being a smart butt and in that same post the same guy was cussing and I got banned. only thing I miss is the recruiting updates.

my reason for my ban, told a guy "to go eat a D**k" bc he was being a smart butt and in that same post the same guy was cussing and I got banned. only thing I miss is the recruiting updates.

I finally had enough one day and told the mods to go F themselves. I got so tired of posts/threads getting deleted when no “rules” were being broken.

I used to go over there during spring practice for Spurticus's practice reports which is ironically, exactly how I found the original gamecockcentral.com. I was looking for information about spring football and they had practice reports after every practice.

Reactions: cofcgamecock9
Spurticus' practice reports were very detailed, but his analysis tended to be way off. At one point I had a running tally of all the conclusions he made from his observations that turned out to be wrong. Some posters worshipped at his feet though.

I've been occasionally checking their corresponding Facebook page for info, and the comments have shifted from "be back up in a few days" to "be back by the end of the month after migrating it" to radio silence. Not looking good.

I was a very regular visitor on Cockytalk, but I kind of hope it's dead for good just b/c the mods were pains in the neck and treated it like their little kingdom.

From the FB group;

"Not over, but definitely taking it's sweet time getting back up. We paid someone to transfer our site because Ken and I don't have the time to do it. That was a mistake. It'll be back as soon as we can get it back up though.

Will do. It'll be any day now."

Hopefully its close to being back!

From the FB group;

"Not over, but definitely taking it's sweet time getting back up. We paid someone to transfer our site because Ken and I don't have the time to do it. That was a mistake. It'll be back as soon as we can get it back up though.

Will do. It'll be any day now."

Hopefully its close to being back!

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7..... times, shame on me.

Couldn't happen to a better bunch. I don't know when the switch happened but you could tell when it did, sometime around spurrier giving up. The mood changed over there. Cack and Spurs addiciton were my favorite to rile up. The Political forum was fun tho.

Couldn't happen to a better bunch. I don't know when the switch happened but you could tell when it did, sometime around spurrier giving up. The mood changed over there. Cack and Spurs addiciton were my favorite to rile up. The Political forum was fun tho.

Spurs Addiction was the dumb illiterate one, correct?

I know one thing during all the years of my posting over there: I've never seen threads last forever like this one here, about other USC Sports forums with posters trashing them or any posters or moderators, like it seems to be fun for people here to do with this one. Perhaps maybe one thread, and it was actually a hijacked thread that I'm sad to say I participated in, and that was more to trash a particular poster than a forum or site. And those posts were quickly deleted from the thread.

When the Scout forum - GamecockAnthem - went dead, there was nothing but respect and compliments for the forum (although the publisher was attacked a bit for letting the site dry-rot). But nowhere near the kind of vomiting pettiness I'm reading in this thread.

Sure hope they bring the site back. Everything has a place, and every place for everything, I suppose....

I know one thing during all the years of my posting over there: I've never seen threads last forever like this one here, about other USC Sports forums with posters trashing them or any posters or moderators, like it seems to be fun for people here to do with this one. Perhaps maybe one thread, and it was actually a hijacked thread that I'm sad to say I participated in, and that was more to trash a particular poster than a forum or site. And those posts were quickly deleted from the thread.

When the Scout forum - GamecockAnthem - went dead, there was nothing but respect and compliments for the forum (although the publisher was attacked a bit for letting the site dry-rot). But nowhere near the kind of vomiting pettiness I'm reading in this thread.

Sure hope they bring the site back. Everything has a place, and every place for everything, I suppose....
As posted earlier, CT would never allow the bashing of other sites like has transpired repeatedly in this thread.

If it’s not dead for good then why not just decide to not go to the site?
I actually enjoyed the site

There were a number of reasonable and informed posters It was a good place to get information. Mods were just too rigid to allow for any true open discussion Forum rules were inconsistently enforced. Some mods simply wouldn't tolerate any other posters disagreeing with them. If it comes back up I'll still use it, warts and all. If they got rid of the mods, it would actually be a very good site.

It's a good site, but I don't feel the need to fire someone after every loss. I can imagine why some aren't allowed to post there.

But who cares? It was a place for Gamecock fans to express their opinions. So what if a fan, in the heat of the moment after the loss, called for a coach to be fired? That's what fans do sometimes. Other fans would support the head coach no matter the circumstance. Mods seemed not to realize that their can be a variance of opinion among fans. Some are die-hard to the point that they would never utter a word of criticism about the program. Others consider themselves equally die-hard in that they see areas for improvement and express those opinions, refusing to settle.

I know one thing during all the years of my posting over there: I've never seen threads last forever like this one here, about other USC Sports forums with posters trashing them or any posters or moderators, like it seems to be fun for people here to do with this one.
I didn't get banned at CT. Left voluntarily after a mod edited one of my posts in the Political Forum. Like a year ago. As some have pointed out, most of the mods over there were dooshtoids, and play favorites. There were a couple of exceptions.

OTOH, there were some cool posters, the game threads and Vent threads in the cockpit were fun, the Proving Ground was an excellent forum (imo). There was an ok Panthers thread there, too.

Assuming you use the same alias, I saw you over there in several of the threads, you're fairly knowledgeable. But I would say that there's not like 1,000 posts in this thread, and it seems to be revived more often than not by CT fans who want it back. Then others chime in. Not sure your criticism there is on-target.

I don't care if they bring it back or not. But it would be alright if some of the game thread regulars migrated over here, and multiply the fun of game day right here at FGF. I haven't seen any sign of vendetta or grudge from a mod here yet. :cool:

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT