ADVERTISEMENT

Is doty really the only option?

Doty has been respectable, all things considered. I hoped to see him run the ball well and that clearly hasn’t happened. I’m not sure how much of that is the foot injury and how much is just him. I don’t know how well he ran the ball in high school, but I don’t recall him tearing it up on the ground.

He was 20 for 34 - 255 yards / 1 td / no int - what do you want for his 3rd college game? No one blocking and drop passes
Doty has been respectable, all things considered. I hoped to see him run the ball well and that clearly hasn’t happened. I’m not sure how much of that is the foot injury and how much is just him. I don’t know how well he ran the ball in high school, but I don’t recall him tearing it up on the ground.

Yeah, he's been decent enough. He's not 100% and he gets absolutely zero help from the run game.

Well, yes, but I think most would agree he's still inexperienced. Inexperienced, not 100%, and zero run support. in light of all that, he's doing decent enough.
Decent enough to beat shit teams, yes. Not decent enough to beat a good team.

Luke is not our savior. But he's also not our biggest problem.

If he had the teams around him Connor Shaw did he would look pretty good.

Yeah, agree. Anyone with eyeballs can see he's playing decent. Yes, he's missing some passes. But, like you said, he's go almost skill help.

Reactions: WingchunCock
Yeah, agree. Anyone with eyeballs can see he's playing decent. Yes, he's missing some passes. But, like you said, he's go almost skill help.
Actually I disagree. We have some decent skill players. We simply can't block. On most plays Troy's offensive line blocked our DL just as well as our offensive line blocked their DL tonight. That can't be.

Reactions: 92Pony
Well, better at least.
He might not be quite as good as Connor because I don't think he is as quick as Connor was or as quick as advertised coming out of Myrtle Beach.
But I distinctly remember Connor holding on to the ball too long and overthrowing easy completions many many times in his career. Spurrier tossed his headset more than once over it.

Of course he matured as a quarterback and made good decisions with the ball and about when to run instead of take a sack and we tend to remember him fondly because of those things.

Doty is a serviceable QB right now, but we have absolutely no run game and a poor OL. If we had last years run game, we would be 3-1 and probably would have kept the Georgia game closer. The poor coaching on the offensive side of the ball is a real shame. Just got to hope that Beamer will do what it takes to correct the problem.

Reactions: 92Pony
So the back up at uga can come in and run roughshod over arky, but we can only field one guy
We have had at least four quarterbacks on the field this year. Two of them look vastly better than the other two. We have what we have and it is what it is.

Our offense has a lot more wrong with it than a young QB who is getting better. The OC play calling, the OL, the RB’s and TE’s inconsistency, WR’s repeatedly dropping passes that hit them in the numbers on critical plays. I don’t remember any recent QB’s other than Tanneyhill looking much better at this point in their career.

Yeah, I dunno. He can make throws, but he is inconsistent, which isn't surprising considering his inexperience. Our biggest issue, though, isn't QB. It's the complete and total absence of any hint of a threat in the run game.
Both QB and running game are problematic. They tend to go hand in hand anyway most times.

He’s still young and he’s still learning to play QB in an actual offense so there is going to be growing pains. The biggest issue right now seems to be field vision. He’s a one read guy at this point and you have to hope that gets better. There was a couple times tonight when guys were wide open and he didn’t see them including one play where Jenkins was running accross the field with no one within three yard of him. This takes time to learn and unfortunately he hasn’t had the luxury of being behind someone who has the ability to do this so he is learning on the fly.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT