ADVERTISEMENT

Is it really fair that ND does not have to play a Conference Championship Game

when all of the Power 5 Conferences have to play a 13th game? For example, it is very possible that UGA could beat Bama next week. Bama just finished a hard fought game with Auburn, regardless of the score it was hard fought. Now they are going to have to play a very hard fought game with UGA next week and could possibly lose the game. Gosh, I hope they don't lose to UGA because if Bama does lose that game it all but gives the NC Game to quempsum.
As much as I dislike ND you've got to tip your cap. They're in. Now it's up to the other 3 schools to prove they don't belong

It doesn't matter. All they have to be is UPC and undefeated. They are automatically in. Same as Notre Dame.
that is not the post i was responding too. It asked what are the best 4 teams.. Of which IMO, and many others, Taters are not in the grouping.. They gave up 35 to a Devastated by injury SC team, should have lost to another Mid tier SEC team in A&M, and are playing a 5 loss team in the Championship of their 2A conference.. Oh, I know for a fact the committee will put the taters in, they love them some Dabo..

Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky
that is not the post i was responding too. It asked what are the best 4 teams.. Of which IMO, and many others, Taters are not in the grouping.. They gave up 35 to a Devastated by injury SC team, should have lost to another Mid tier SEC team in A&M, and are playing a 5 loss team in the Championship of their 2A conference.. Oh, I know for a fact the committee will put the taters in, they love them some Dabo..
My answer remains the same. They gave up a ton and STILL won by three touchdowns. UPC is far less questionable than OSU or OU - and one of those could get in.

Last edited:
My answer remains the same. They gave up a ton ans STILL won by three touchdowns. UPC is far less questionable than OSU or OU - and one of those could get in.
still won by 3 TD's?? Seriously?? you did see how many defensive players were out for SC right?? All i heard was all about the Vaunted Tater Defense, that line would Murder Bentley!! Bentley Shredded that defense.. Hell they had it twice inside the ten, and came away empty..

Taters will get in the playoffs... BUT, They are NOT one of the four best teams in the Country IMO.... Hell, I am not sure they could beat Miss st, LSU or Florida.. meaning not even top 4 in SEC.. I know I know, I am a homer.. But Taters are OVERRATED!!

ND has the highest ranked SOS of the current top 4 teams, including Bama.
The reason is that they played "ranked" teams in the ACC and "ranked" teams in the PAC-12.

They do play a bunch of traditional powers, however, so their schedule looks good. In reality it's pretty bad.

still won by 3 TD's?? Seriously?? you did see how many defensive players were out for SC right?? All i heard was all about the Vaunted Tater Defense, that line would Murder Bentley!! Bentley Shredded that defense.. Hell they had it twice inside the ten, and came away empty..
All that matters to anybody but us is that they won the game, it was decisive, and they finished the regular season undefeated.

Then Notre Dame you think would be the Fourth?? no way in HELL is Clemson better than Notre Dame, Ohio state or Georgia,

Your joking right? Have you really looked at ND schedule. Clemson will beat Notre Dame soundly. I get that their secondary played horrible Saturday night but that game will not be close. Let’s hope they have to play bama at 4 but I am not conviences bama gets in if they lose.

How do you blur the lines between winning and losing. They won by three touchdowns. That’s pretty sound win in anybody’s book. Who cares if thier defense gave up 500 yards. It happens. Teams do not play to 100% every game. Sometimes units have a bad night. It’s finding a way to get it done that makes a champion. Winning by three touchdowns is winning.

Your entire statement is based on what ifs. It’s the defense that stopped us in the red zone right? Or are you so blinded that you are going to say we did that ourselves.

Reactions: king ward
Taters will get in the playoffs... BUT, They are NOT one of the four best teams in the Country IMO.... Hell, I am not sure they could beat Miss st, LSU or Florida.. meaning not even top 4 in SEC.. I know I know, I am a homer.. But Taters are OVERRATED!!

I would take LSU, Miss State, UF, UGA, Bama, maybe even UK in a heartbeat over quempsum.

Reactions: cockofdawn
How do you blur the lines between winning and losing. They won by three touchdowns. That’s pretty sound win in anybody’s book. Who cares if thier defense gave up 500 yards. It happens. Teams do not play to 100% every game. Sometimes units have a bad night. It’s finding a way to get it done that makes a champion. Winning by three touchdowns is winning.

Your entire statement is based on what ifs. It’s the defense that stopped us in the red zone right? Or are you so blinded that you are going to say we did that ourselves.
giphy.gif

Your joking right? Have you really looked at ND schedule. Clemson will beat Notre Dame soundly. I get that their secondary played horrible Saturday night but that game will not be close. Let’s hope they have to play bama at 4 but I am not conviences bama gets in if they lose.
we will see Tater lover, we will see..

and NO MATTER what you say, I still think New Englans Patriots would beat your taters.. Even if you think they are the Greatest team EVER... That is all i heard, the Magnificent Tater Defense will Destroy Bentley!!

giphy.gif

Tater net needs you back, SOON..
giphy.gif

Oh I forgot. I don’t conform to having blinding garnet glasses on so I’m a tater. I’m not blinded like most of you.

Reactions: king ward
There is a difference between seeing through Garnet Glasses and Orange Glasses i guess??
giphy.gif

So I guess I automatically wear orange glasses because I have watch ND beat up in very bad teams. I also have seen Clemson beat up on bad teams but also win some good games. With that being said I do believe Clemson would beat ND. I guess your one of those people that says in no way should a gamecock fan ever say Clemson could beat anyone. They must be the worst team on the planet.

Who would your top 4 be if Alabama beats Georgia (feel like they will)?

So I guess I automatically wear orange glasses because I have watch ND beat up in very bad teams. I also have seen Clemson beat up on bad teams but also win some good games. With that being said I do believe Clemson would beat ND. I guess your one of those people that says in no way should a gamecock fan ever say Clemson could beat anyone. They must be the worst team on the planet.

Who would your top 4 be if Alabama beats Georgia (feel like they will)?
If Bama beats Ga, and OSU wins It will be

OSU, ND, Bama and Your taters will be the final four ... (However IMO, GA is much better that taters, UGA beat SC worse In Columbia with not nearly as many players out of the USC lineup)..

If Bama beats Ga, and OSU wins It will be

OSU, ND, Bama and Your taters will be the final four ... (However IMO, GA is much better that taters, UGA beat SC worse In Columbia with not nearly as many players out of the USC lineup)..
Which fortifies my belief that we were poor on defense against good teams even BEFORE the injuries got numerous. Oh, and UK, A&M, and Florida supported that.

Then those teams would have put up 70 verses the defensive Lineup Climpsun played
Conceivably. It's also conceivable that, had UPC chosen to go physical rather than cute, THEY would have put up 60-70 and taken time off the clock doing it, so that we got about 21. Lot's of variations are plausible.

So what I gather from cockofdown is that he is full of ifs and buts. Thier is no parity in college football that is why the committee had shown time and time again that how bad you beat your opponents really does not matter. It has also shown that it classify a loss as a loss not matter who it is. Case in point CU losing the year they won it all.

If you don’t understand that parts of a team have a bad game, then I can help you. Are we really to believe that the citadel is good enough to hand with Alabama for a half every time they play them. Surely you are not that naive.

How does ND get in with that schedule and UCF don't? Strength of schedule is a minimal factor. Has to be. In the equation, it must count a very low percentage.

How does ND get in with that schedule and UCF don't? Strength of schedule is a minimal factor. Has to be. In the equation, it must count a very low percentage.

Because the eye test matters to. Ask yourself one question. Who has a better chance of beating the top two as they stand now. ND, Ok, Buckeyes or a UCF team that just lost thier star QB

So UCF is penalized because a guy got hurt? Yes. Probably OK. But I haven't watched all of them enough to have a strong opinion.

So UCF is penalized because a guy got hurt? Yes. Probably OK. But I haven't watched all of them enough to have a strong opinion.

Do you really believe that UCF stands a chance at beating Alabama, Georgia, Clemson or ND. Those teams lines are a lot bigger than UCF. Clemson and Alabama out weigh thier DL by 75 pds avg

No, I don't think they would. But I don't think anybody can play with Alabama. But when a team goes undefeated and their schedule is no weaker than those that get in, ???.

So what I gather from cockofdown is that he is full of ifs and buts. Thier is no parity in college football that is why the committee had shown time and time again that how bad you beat your opponents really does not matter. It has also shown that it classify a loss as a loss not matter who it is. Case in point CU losing the year they won it all.

If you don’t understand that parts of a team have a bad game, then I can help you. Are we really to believe that the citadel is good enough to hand with Alabama for a half every time they play them. Surely you are not that naive.
WTF you talking about?? ifs and Buts?? My point is Climpsun (as much as you people think Climpsun is as good as New England Patriots) is not one of the 4 best teams in the Country..... They played a bunch of Cupcakes and a mediocre South Carolina team missing 9 defensive players.. They are top ten I wont disagree to that.. But Not better than Ga, Ohio St or even UCF (if you use the undefeated based on who they palyed logic)..

Your assuming they are not better than those teams. Vegas would have Clemson favored against everyone of those teams at home or neutral field except for maybe Georgia and they would probably be favored on a neutral field. You realize the early hypothetical line for Clemson Alabama is 7 (yes Vegas has those). Seen the Georgia Alabama line? They are giving Georgia 13. Hmmmm

Your assuming they are not better than those teams. Vegas would have Clemson favored against everyone of those teams at home or neutral field except for maybe Georgia and they would probably be favored on a neutral field. You realize the early hypothetical line for Clemson Alabama is 7 (yes Vegas has those). Seen the Georgia Alabama line? They are giving Georgia 13. Hmmmm
YOU ARE ASSUMING Vegas...................... Just go back to Taternet..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT