ADVERTISEMENT

?Is Nunez the future

Cocky4SC

Dec 2, 2014
Spartanburg SC
Hear me out... Is Nunez our qb for next year or would he be better suited to replace Cooper at WR/ wildcat qb when he leaves after this year. If Brandon Mc enrolled in January it would allow him to grasp the playbook and get in the strength and conditioning. IMO we are going to have to have every playmaker possible on the field next year. We lose three starters on OL next year and Wilds... Who will we get points from?

Nunez is never going to really produce in this offense. Maybe not even McIlwain, though he is a better passer.

This is some kind of half-ass hodgepodge of things that gets thrown against a wall and hopefully something sticks ever game. It's not a true spread, it's not a pro-set. We don't use the spread passing game, even though inside zone is our bread and butter running play and we are in the shotgun.

All I know is we have struggled to pass the ball the past 11 years. The Spurrier pass offense doesn't work, and hasn't while he has been here. The best results we've gotten here were with a strong defense and a qb that took off and ran when he wasn't feeling the pass play.

Nunez could be a superstar with the right coach and staff. He isn't going to get that with SOS.

Reactions: DirtyCock99
Nunez is never going to really produce in this offense. Maybe not even McIlwain, though he is a better passer.

This is some kind of half-ass hodgepodge of things that gets thrown against a wall and hopefully something sticks ever game. It's not a true spread, it's not a pro-set. We don't use the spread passing game, even though inside zone is our bread and butter running play and we are in the shotgun.

All I know is we have struggled to pass the ball the past 11 years. The Spurrier pass offense doesn't work, and hasn't while he has been here. The best results we've gotten here were with a strong defense and a qb that took off and ran when he wasn't feeling the pass play.

Nunez could be a superstar with the right coach and staff. He isn't going to get that with SOS.

I guess that also goes along with what I'm saying- in our current situation you have to play with the cards dealt... Having BM sit next year would do no good. Got to have him and Nunez on the field at the same time imo

As things stand now, I'd say Nunez has a much brighter future at USC than does Hoke or Spurrier!

My guess is we told him he'd get a shot a qb knowing we would end up moving him somewhere else. Nobody thought we'd be this far down on the qb depth chart at this point. Why do people think this kid will magically morph into a great qb when he couldn't pass well in high school? He is a gamer and has great running ability, but he needs to play another position. Unfortunately for him, he is all we have at the qb position right now.

Reactions: Tidal Creek Cock
He may do well in an "Auburn" style system, but his inability to remain in the pocket and look for the open receiver does not mix well with our current system in place. The pocket passers trying to run the Auburn team are not suited for that style of play either. I can not tell you how many times the Tight End from South Carolina was open across the middle today. But he seemed more interested in running than passing. If we are going to run the ball, then put three running backs in the backfield and line up in the wishbone. Put Cooper at the QB position the rest of the year and just run the ball.

Very accurate post.

Unfortunately, yes, he is the future. it does not look too bright. Who thinks that a 4* QB recruit would keep his commitment after the dumpster fire of a start that we are off to this year?

McIlwain will go to baseball instead of going to SC. He would be foolish to come to this dumpster fire.

Nunez would have been player of the game for Missouri and their QB would have been sacked 10 times playing for Carolina. Spurrier should be fired for what he has put out on the field. We have provided everything he has asked for including employment for two of his sons. Surely he is not low-life enough to stay 3 more years for 12 million and half ass it like he has he last two years.

We need to scrap the read and develop an offense that fits the QB's. Dylan was not a read QB...neither is Mitch, nor Orth, nor Scarnecchia, nor is Nunez......they are all square pegs that this staff is trying to force into a round hole.

Hear me out... Is Nunez our qb for next year or would he be better suited to replace Cooper at WR/ wildcat qb when he leaves after this year. If Brandon Mc enrolled in January it would allow him to grasp the playbook and get in the strength and conditioning. IMO we are going to have to have every playmaker possible on the field next year. We lose three starters on OL next year and Wilds... Who will we get points from?
Don't know but we need a new OL before anybody can produce. That unit is pathetic!!

Hear me out... Is Nunez our qb for next year or would he be better suited to replace Cooper at WR/ wildcat qb when he leaves after this year.

That brings to mind a question. Why exactly do we split Nunez out at wr and bring in Cooper to run the wildcat?

Is Cooper better at some aspect of running? Passing? If so why isn't he the qb.

Or is it because Cooper isn't a qb, so obviously he is the man to run the wildcat?

That brings to mind a question. Why exactly do we split Nunez out at wr and bring in Cooper to run the wildcat?

Is Cooper better at some aspect of running? Passing? If so why isn't he the qb.

Or is it because Cooper isn't a qb, so obviously he is the man to run the wildcat?

The both need to be at WR at the same time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT